• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Can I just use naloxone nasal spray anytime I feel too sedated?

sadmachine

Bluelighter
Is it a magic spray that I can use even if I just feel a bit too sedated or are their ramifications? Occasionally when I dose too high on oxy I get intense anxiety/hypervigilance and it completely ruins my high. Planning on using H for the second time tomorrow and would like to know that if it feels too strong will the naloxone just end it straight up or how the process normally works/feels?

Still very opiate naive with a small tolerance to oxy (50mg). Have two little 1.8mg naloxone sprays but will be doing H alone. Plan is to measure out 10mg bumps at a time and see what happens. Have tested for fentanyl but is very rare in my country anyway. Source says the quality is pretty mediocre/average #4.

Have you ever been narcaned? It tears the opiote off the receptor. I personally started perjectile vomiting and shitting my pants at the same time. It saved my life 3 times but it was fucking BRUTAL! So technically sure, you can narcan yourself just know you are about to be sick as a fucking dog! Lol good luck be careful.

I wouldn't recommend it myself based on my personal experience. Its one of the toughest and roughest moments that you can imagine. It's amazing when used for its intended purpose which is saving lives. Glad safety is on your mind, try and find a friend so you're not alone and be safe.

Is it a magic spray that I can use even if I just feel a bit too sedated or are their ramifications? Occasionally when I dose too high on oxy I get intense anxiety/hypervigilance and it completely ruins my high. Planning on using H for the second time tomorrow and would like to know that if it feels too strong will the naloxone just end it straight up or how the process normally works/feels?

Still very opiate naive with a small tolerance to oxy (50mg). Have two little 1.8mg naloxone sprays but will be doing H alone. Plan is to measure out 10mg bumps at a time and see what happens. Have tested for fentanyl but is very rare in my country anyway. Source says the quality is pretty mediocre/average #4.
I'm a retired paramedic and I can tell you from experience...lots of experience...that Narcan won't just jostle you until you wake up a little. It will grab you by the hair on your head and set you reeling into reality. The drug itself is harmless. But these guys are right. You can wave your high goodbye. There's no in between with Narcan. I've had a lot of people who were clinically dead 10 seconds ago try to knock my head off for spoiling their buzz. It got so bad that we would only give them half a dose IV in route so they didn't die. Then slam the rest of it as we entered the ER. Let those stud doctors fight em,

My point is, you want to use Narcan and drugs like it as little as possible. It's a very rude awakening that I don't think you'd enjoy.

How about a Xanax and a nice glass of wine instead. Heroin is not something you should start on a whim. Please think about it. Don't play with something that could change your life forever in a very negative way.

I'm a retired paramedic and I can tell you from experience...lots of experience...that Narcan won't just jostle you until you wake up a little. It will grab you by the hair on your head and set you reeling into reality. The drug itself is harmless. But these guys are right. You can wave your high goodbye. There's no in between with Narcan. I've had a lot of people who were clinically dead 10 seconds ago try to knock my head off for spoiling their buzz. It got so bad that we would only give them half a dose IV in route so they didn't die. Then slam the rest of it as we entered the ER. Let those stud doctors fight em,

My point is, you want to use Narcan and drugs like it as little as possible. It's a very rude awakening that I don't think you'd enjoy.

How about a Xanax and a nice glass of wine instead. Heroin is not something you should start on a whim. Please think about it. Don't play with something that could change your life forever in a very negative way.
All good information to know everyone, cheers.

just to inquire a little further on the Naloxone; is the really rough experience due to the naloxone itself or is it from being instantly sent into withdrawal for people who have huge dependancies? As I have no habit I was hoping the nasal spray could be something I could use to "sober up" from oxy/h with no consequences if I so felt the need, it's sounding like it's not.

just to inquire a little further on the Naloxone; is the really rough experience due to the naloxone itself or is it from being instantly sent into withdrawal for people who have huge dependancies? As I have no habit I was hoping the nasal spray could be something I could use to "sober up" from oxy/h with no consequences if I so felt the need, it's sounding like it's not.
The horrible precipitated withdrawal is just for those who are dependent but it happens before one is even aware for a lot of would be aspiring heroin addicts.

Last edited:

How about a Xanax and a nice glass of wine instead. Heroin is not something you should start on a whim. Please think about about. Don't play with something that could change your life forever in a very negative way

Naloxone alone is very benevolent. I don't do opiates (anymore) and could administer myself 2mg or more IV and there will be no effect. The only side effects are withdrawal symptoms if your a heavy user. If you insist on doing Heroin or any opiate really, then keeping some on hand is a good idea. I wish you would reconsider. Heroin is a beast that isn't to be toyed with. You say you don't have a habit. Eventually, you will. You might go months without problems, maybe years. Addiction never slows down. One day you'll realize that, but it will be too late. I speak from experience.

There's nothing wrong with altering your consciousness for relaxation or entertainment. It's something humans and even animals are naturally drawn to. Just be careful and thoughtful on what you use to reach that altered state.

How about a Xanax and a nice glass of wine instead. Heroin is not something you should start on a whim. Please think about about. Don't play with something that could change your life forever in a very negative way

Naloxone alone is very benevolent. I don't do opiates (anymore) and could administer myself 2mg or more IV and there will be no effect. The only side effects are withdrawal symptoms if your a heavy user. If you insist on doing Heroin or any opiate really, then keeping some on hand is a good idea. I wish you would reconsider. Heroin is a beast that isn't to be toyed with. You say you don't have a habit. Eventually, you will. You might go months without problems, maybe years. Addiction never slows down. One day you'll realize that, but it will be too late. I speak from experience.

There's nothing wrong with altering your consciousness for relaxation or entertainment. It's something humans and even animals are naturally drawn to. Just be careful and thoughtful on what you use to reach that altered state.
glad you mentioned this, especially about only pushing half the dose via IV. my stepfather is a paramedic and he said just today actually that they aren’t using narcan as much unless the individual is truly completely & nearly dead. he said they’ll breathe for them until they come back, if it’s not a massive overdose. 1, it keeps the patient in medical care and they won’t want to go re-dose after narcan, as a lot of people who are brought back obviously go reuse again to kick the narcan shakes. && 2, it keeps the patient from being violent, super ill, and on an ethical level, just sorta keeps the patient more comfortable. he said if they do push narcan via IV they do it very slowly and in small amounts at a time so it isn’t as much a shock to the individual.

glad you mentioned this, especially about only pushing half the dose via IV. my stepfather is a paramedic and he said just today actually that they aren’t using narcan as much unless the individual is truly completely & nearly dead. he said they’ll breathe for them until they come back, if it’s not a massive overdose. 1, it keeps the patient in medical care and they won’t want to go re-dose after narcan, as a lot of people who are brought back obviously go reuse again to kick the narcan shakes. && 2, it keeps the patient from being violent, super ill, and on an ethical level, just sorta keeps the patient more comfortable. he said if they do push narcan via IV they do it very slowly and in small amounts at a time so it isn’t as much a shock to the individual.
I had a doctor hit me with what he called a flood dose to the nurses even though I was wide awake talking to him. I know he did it because I conned him into giving me extra methadone and Klonopin when I had my prescriptions hidden in my shoe. I puked on both nurses holding me down. Then when it stopped I jumped up and grabbed my shoe only to see my prescriptions replaced by a little bag of Hershey kisses and his smiling sadistic dick face on a business card....lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I retired in 2016 and I often wonder about the opiate situation on the street. Looks like your step-dad is applying good old common sense in a situation where it's needed the most. Policy never really dictates what's needed in reality...if that makes sense to you.

Have you ever been narcaned? It tears the opiote off the receptor. I personally started perjectile vomiting and shitting my pants at the same time. It saved my life 3 times but it was fucking BRUTAL! So technically sure, you can narcan yourself just know you are about to be sick as a fucking dog! Lol good luck be careful.

You beat me to it.

It's definitely a "magic spray" as it saves people's lives in situations that previously would have been lethal.

It's definitely not something that can be used in the way that you're describing. There are several reasons for this, but if you're not interested in reading them, just know that this is not something I would recommend to anyone.

The sad truth is that if you're gonna overdose, you're likely going to die if you're not saved by another party. In practice, nobody ever uses Naloxone (Narcan) on themselves. It's possible. It just doesn't happen.

Secondly, as an Opioid user, being Narcan'd is like someone injecting withdrawal into your veins with a subsequently immediate and painful withdrawal syndrome. You know what it's like to experience withdrawal as it creeps up over the course of hours. Imagine all of those feelings hitting you full-force in the span of 5 minutes. It's shitty. It's something that you only want to go through if you're interested in saving your life. It's not a practical "tool" or anything like how you're describing.

It's a good question though. I'm sure that there are lots of people here with the same question.

You beat me to it.

It's definitely a "magic spray" as it saves people's lives in situations that previously would have been lethal.

It's definitely not something that can be used in the way that you're describing. There are several reasons for this, but if you're not interested in reading them, just know that this is not something I would recommend to anyone.

The sad truth is that if you're gonna overdose, you're likely going to die if you're not saved by another party. In practice, nobody ever uses Naloxone (Narcan) on themselves. It's possible. It just doesn't happen.

Secondly, as an Opioid user, being Narcan'd is like someone injecting withdrawal into your veins with a subsequently immediate and painful withdrawal syndrome. You know what it's like to experience withdrawal as it creeps up over the course of hours. Imagine all of those feelings hitting you full-force in the span of 5 minutes. It's shitty. It's something that you only want to go through if you're interested in saving your life. It's not a practical "tool" or anything like how you're describing.

It's a good question though. I'm sure that there are lots of people here with the same question.
Well said man. While we're at it, let me say this. God forbid anything bad should happen, but if for any reason you should ever leave BL. I officially claim your username! Thank you and goodnight!

Well said man. While we're at it, let me say this. God forbid anything bad should happen, but if for any reason you should ever leave BL. I officially claim your username! Thank you and goodnight!

The international Harm Reduction sensation known as Keif' Richards can never die. You're welcome to the title if I'm dead and you've got the balls for it ;)

The international Harm Reduction sensation known as Keif' Richards can never die. You're welcome to the title if I'm dead and you've got the balls for it ;)

Either my 3rd or 4th wife got my balls. They're in an old baby-food jar gathering dust on top of her fridge if memory serves.

Soooo...LONG LIVE KEIF' RICHARDS! HARM REDUCTION SENSATION AND ALL ROUND GOOD GUY!

Thought they use it after sedation for ops etc too .if I have no habit that it shouldn't have massive effects . I don't tolerate it well but am opiate dependant (not just cause of the wds). You can use small amounts to reduce highs but lot easier to just take less and build up.