• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can i get high off aderall if i take it already for my ADHD?

Sksjdjeisnfkeishz

Bluelighter
hey yall. so i take aderall for my adhd and i was wondering if ill be able to get high off it? I heard that i cant get high off it because i need it. But ive also heard i can get high off it. Ive been told the most ill get outta popping three or four aderalls is ill get a heart attack since i have adhd. Also, ive been clean for over a year and i could use some encouragement to keep being clean.

i know its an anphetamine but i didnt see it as a prefix on there so i just put benzos.

Yes, you can get really high. You will not have a heart-attack from Adderall because you have ADHD.

But you need to up the dosage to get spun.

I mean, sure, you could take too many of them and get maybe some excess stimulation, but imo amphetamines aren't really "euphoric" like that, they just aren't that reinforcing, after maybe the first couple times you take them. Especially considering you have ADHD, it won't really do much for you since you have a tolerance as well.

You likely won't have a heart attack if you pop three or four, unless you have some kind of preexisting heart condition. That said, it's still not recommended to ever take that much amphetamine.

If you have been sober, ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish by taking too many amphetamines. You really are just playing with fire if you follow this line of inquiry.

You should seek out our recovery forums, The Dark Side, Health & Recovery, and Mental Health. There are a lot of people in there that are trying to stay sober, and they can be great resources for people trying to quit substances and stay quit.

hey yall. so i take aderall for my adhd and i was wondering if ill be able to get high off it? I heard that i cant get high off it because i need it. But ive also heard i can get high off it. Ive been told the most ill get outta popping three or four aderalls is ill get a heart attack since i have adhd. Also, ive been clean for over a year and i could use some encouragement to keep being clean.

i know its an anphetamine but i didnt see it as a prefix on there so i just put benzos.
Yeah, I agree with deficiT. I don't associate the word "high" with Adderall. I've heard people say they relapsed on Adderall and got high, and I'm always like "huh?" But I know everyone is different.

To me it's almost the opposite of high. It's being really locked in with reality. For some there can be a feel-good sensation and you can certainly feel more capable and confident. So if to you that means "high", then yes there can be a high. But if you take large doses of it in search of extreme euphoria, an anxiety attack is probably the more likely outcome.

If you’ve never taken them before, the first week or two will be pleasurable if taken larger dosage of what your tolerance is…. 20mg IR Adderall perhaps ?

Would be smart to have something on hand in the event it too much for you and getting uncomfortable (cardiovascular wise)

If you have access to a rapid acting benzodiazepine (Xanax/K-pins/Etizolam)

Beta blockers are also safe and effective for counteracting stimulants…..speak to your doc who is prescribing Adderall and request a small amount of low dose meds to counteract any increase in HR/BP that you might experience (just in case meds) if ur doc is cool like that and u have a good honest relationship

My doc of 20 years is amazing, we’re like friends who I always show respect & honesty, don’t treat him like a jerk and deceive him in a manipulative way just to get a fix lol. He’d write me a script for anything I genuinely needed.

Things you need in life they say…. A good mechanic, a good lawyer…..F@ck, I say you need a GOOD Doctor lol