• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can i buy naxalone or something else to stop opiate overdose please answer important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I had some poppy seed tea yesterday and i swear its only started effecting me now like a delayed reaction this happens to me a lot im worried i might od and need something to stop it if i cant get naxalone or something i will just talk to the pharmacist and ask her if i use the naxalone will it completely put me in withdrawal and not let me feel my medication for a few hours after?,

One more quick question can you use less naxalone or just enough to stop me overdosing but not putting me back in withdrawal.

If you’re opioid dependent and use naloxone, it will put you into PWD. If you’re afraid you may OD you should go to a hospital to be monitored, or at least have someone with to call an ambulance if need be.

Yes, some pharmacies carry Narcan where you can buy it from them without a prescription. It may put you into withdrawal, but it still can save your life if you are actually ODing. It is good to have some because you might not get a chance to dial 911 or even get to a hospital because it can come on fast. Its happened to me. I was at the point and I IM'd myself with it and it saved me.

I don't know exactly what 'type' the pharmacies carry, whether it's Intranasal or IV/IM... but either will work. I have the IV/IM type because that's the type we have and work (and that's where I got it from).

Its ALWAYS good to have Narcan on hand, just in case. Dont rely on Fire/Rescue (sometimes it can take us a while to get to you, depending on where we're coming from) and don't rely on driving to the hospital. Respiratory arrest can happen fast. When in doubt (because your life depends on it), take it... if you think you're overdosing. Sure, you'll be sick for a while...but it beats being dead. I've responded to too many fatalities because of respiratory arrests due to OD.

Ok guy just an update this is weird i have felt subtle high for a few hours i had some codeine but its defo stronger the pst must have combined with the codeine (I had 1576mgs of codeine) (in one) which is when i felt like i might od im still scared to not go hospital im far from nodding but i know if i do nod and lose control it will be to late oh well makes it more exciting i got such a nice warmth going through my legs but only when I sit down ive never felt that before not this kind of warmthwarmth.

does anyone know the longest it could take for the pst(i drank it 24 hours ago give or take an hour)to metabolise say if i am a slow metabolize could it kick in stronger still later?

If you think you're close to overdosing, you need to call for help. If you don't, you could just fall out and then you wouldn't be able to. Are you alone or have someone in the house that can sit with you?

No, no one knows i do drugs and that would be a problem im not sure if im in danger if the pst is delayed and starts kicking in now im fucked

tbh i think im having a panic attack worrying about this I appreciate it

So let me get this straight.....youre worried about overdosing an opiate, which btw youre not, and you decide to take MORE opiates....

Please get off opiates

I agree mate its just not that simple or easy for some people

I can still feel it now if its a decent batch is 100 grams a lot? Thats how many i used im not sure i got it all out though ive got a feeling theirs more im not gonna touch the stuff again though for fear of addiction

I can still feel it now if its a decent batch is 100 grams a lot? Thats how many i used im not sure i got it all out though ive got a feeling theirs more im not gonna touch the stuff again though for fear of addiction

As far as poppy seeds go, the potency can vary so wildly from one batch to another that it is impossible for us to say whether 100g will be too much for you.

With poppy seeds the best approach is to always start with a small dose and then slowly work your way up over the course of a few days until you find the dose that works good for you.

Then when you get a new batch, even if it is the same brand from the same supplier, you need to start over again with a small dose and work your way up again.

The potency of seeds can vary so wildly. What might be a good dose with one batch could be an overdose with another. Or what might be a good dose with one batch could barely produce any effects with the next batch. Poppy seeds tend to be a total crapshoot.

Ok guy just an update this is weird i have felt subtle high for a few hours i had some codeine but its defo stronger the pst must have combined with the codeine (I had 1576mgs of codeine) (in one) which is when i felt like i might od im still scared to not go hospital im far from nodding but i know if i do nod and lose control it will be to late oh well makes it more exciting i got such a nice warmth going through my legs but only when I sit down ive never felt that before not this kind of warmthwarmth.

does anyone know the longest it could take for the pst(i drank it 24 hours ago give or take an hour)to metabolise say if i am a slow metabolize could it kick in stronger still later?

You took 1576mg of codeine at once? Or is this a typo? Just curious, that's a pretty heavy dose man. If it's true then I guess youve developed quite the tolerance to codeine.

Nope wasn't a typo i was just sick of not getting high on them anymore(I say high I mean pain free which is like a high to me) so I took 2 1/2 times my normal dose because the poppies i could feel them the ironic thing is they lasted longer (I actually have some left) because before i would just redose and not get a good high but these poppies and codeine have really been the boost I need beleive me im not the most responsible mature person to talk to but this dose is only because I basically know codeine like the back of my hand and even though i am used to it it STILL stopped my breathing significantly enough for me to post about it on here earlier and make this thread( I had the pst as well though I should add)

Glad you're okay so I can close this now. If you find yourself in that situation again, don't mess around on websites. Nobody can safely assess you over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.