• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can being around people give you a uncomfortable trip?

It's really mostly about how you handle yourself socially and how comfortable you are.

pretty much it
psychs will only heighten how you're already feeling

if you're somewhere you're feeling has an upbeat, free vibe then no probs, but if you're somewhere you can get anxious (i.e. soncial anxious and in a crowded place) it's likely to turn into a difficult experience

Definitely, it can change the trip!

There are people i don't feel comfortable around even while sober - because they are going hardcore on my nerves. Especially, if they are talking nonstop bullshit. Some tweaker "friends" i cant stand sober for more than one hour. When tripping it gets really annoying - as they don't accept that its ok, to not talk for a couple of minutes. Their talk makes absolutely no sense and they don't allow any real conversations, because they always have to interrupt, to share their "wisdom". Still its necessary to act, as if one would listen to them, because otherwise they will feel easily offended and will become ultimately annoying.

Your always projecting onto people, and there reflecting back onto you.. most people are usually unaware of this. The classic case is the bully and the nerd, the bully is projecting his own insecurities onto the nerd which is reflecting those insecurities back at him.

Psychedelics can make you uncomfortably aware of this dynamic, so when your interacting with people while tripping you see qualities of yourself that you've suppressed or denied been reflected back through others.. you confront your shadow self through the people around you. It might just be an 'uncomfortable' feeling for now, but when you probe deeper into that feeling you'll see this dynamic been played out..

People can get locked into psychological loops with each other where they will take on and play out certain roles, i've actually seen this happen so many times in group situations, the group will be inter-locked with each other all working through their own issues centered around a particular situation. - This can be unfathomably uncomfortable because it's difficult to escape it and you feel stuck, almost like observing yourself acting and responding.

As someone said about it's like inside and outside. You can get pulled into someone's sphere and its suddenly a whole new world. The same with music..

I've had more psychedelics then i remember, and i rarely indulge these days but it still blows me away to this day at the power of perception under the influence of psychedelics. A minute change in music or someone reacting a certain way to something, can fundamentally shift everything to the point where your transported into a whole new reality..

An example in my case:

I can't enjoy music on LSD in a social situation. - If i see someone not enjoying the music or overhear them talk about how bad it is.. this immediately has an impact on my experience of the music, and suddenly the pitch changes and the bass weakens.. the music that was a moment ago very deep, rich, soul-invigorating and mind-shattering is now plastic, superficial, hollow and empty.. and that has an effect on my entire environment.. people start to appear shallow and fake and it feels like it was all a trick, leaving me feeling betrayed.

I use to have no control over this and i was always at the mercy of my surroundings.. but when you understand the power of perception, and a situation like this arises you can laugh at it in awe and see it for what it really is rather then what's been presented.. and quickly it fades away again.

Last edited: