• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can anyone give tips on how to sleep during opiate/opioid withdrawal?

GABA-stuff is best IME. Benzo's, alcohol, barbiturates, gabapentinoids.
Failing that, I've had success with both quetiapine and trazodone.
I've had bad experiences with both trazadone and seroquel. I'd consider GABA, but if it's anything like trazadone or seroquel it would probably just make me feel worse. The problem with trazadone is that God awful heavy feeling when it kicks in. Same with seroquel. I could see both being possibly used as a rohypnol substitute. I can barely handle benzos either. It's gotta be in very small doses. Yeah, you might sleep on trazadone or seroquel, but it's not genuine sleep. It feels more like blacking out to me and then I just wake up feeling kinda hungover like I didn't sleep at all. Funny, I can eat painkillers by the handful and still function like a sober person, but give me a sedative/benzo and I'm a total lightweight.

Hi. I have recently stopped methadone after 6 years OLD and wish I knew since I jumped off 7 days ago I have slightly gotten better but I still can't stop restless body and legs and have had less that 4 hours sleep in a week. Does anyone know how long to expect this or does it differ from person to person. Also I was on 140 and tapered down to ten before stopping. Thanks. Any suggestions appreciated. Stu
Ahh hope your doing better now brother I learned the hard way why they call it liquid handcuffs.. I don't know if I will ever be off methadone my smack habit has been through the roof lately but I have recently started going gym for the first time in years and you can tell I ain't been for a long time heck these days I get out of breath when I'm having a shit never mind 5 min on a treadmill jogging speed however even though my fitness is appalling for my age i pushed myself as much as possible and my muscles are aching even as I write this and since I went gym 2 days ago I have regained some fire in my belly that I ain't had in years I never really went gym before actually I always seen it as a waste of money I did used to be into exercising though when I was in my mid to late teens i used to do 100 + press ups a day and jog miles every morning for 6 months I transformed myself from a puppy fat loser to a loser with a 4 pack lol

but ofcourse then i started smokimg weed getting into harder drugs and slowly lost all the fruits of my labour my chest is that bad that I am pretty sure I have a permanent whooping cough although it usually only happens when I'm smoking off foil because my lungs have just had enough..

I think I already mentioned it before but I nearly died from pneumonia around Christmas I was on a breathing machine for 3 days.. I had caught some terrible respitory bacteria infection I was dealing drugs to and I had full blown 20 year crack heads telling me I look grey as a goul eventually I told my boss I can't do this no more I can't even fucking walk straight he came to the hospital a few days later drove me back to my place to collect his doe (I'm not complaining though cus he gave me 20 bags of the finest afghan brown you ever had) sadly he went awol a couple weeks ago think he must of been arrested it's been hard since he went I basically had unlimited supply for a while there and had some side action going on to probably for the best tho cus I need to get off this shit before it kills me either directly or indirectly..

Sorry to go off topic if you want my advice get back on the methadone unless you think you got it in you to ride it out and hey power to you if you have but theirs no point suffering like this brother especially if you end up back on smack methadone is the lesser of two evils that's the way I see it.. the trouble is I have to have them both because like an idiot I used and seen methadone as "free heroin" which it is but if you take it as intended it is also a life saving medicine and able to give us our lives back..

Peace and love.