• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can a person overdose from smoking natural opium? Raw opium that hasnt been enhanced with morphine or heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrdman

Greenlighter
Can a person overdose from smoking Opium? Pure opium that hasnt been enhanced with morpine or heroin?

Ive spent hours on the internet trying to find the answer to this question. Plenty has been written about how deadly opium is if you eat or drink too much of it. But I cant find a single case where someone died from smoking pure opium. Which leads me to ask, "why did they outlaw smokable opium? Did opium eradication drive people to use heroin, a drug that can be easily smuggled because its so potent, concentrated and easy to hide?

The short answer is yes, you could die from smoking too much opium, especially if you mix it with alcohol or benzos.

However, smoking is the safest (short term) method of ingestion, as it hits you really fast, and you can only smoke a lungful at a time. So if you've smoked enough to make you high, you can quickly realise this and stop.

Buy if you have a low tolerance, get especially strong opium, and were to smoke quite quickly, you could overdose like with any other opiate.

If you're inexperienced, smoke slowly, waiting a few minutes between small puffs, and never mix with alcohol or anything else that depressed breathing.

Lucky you if you have pure opium.

i would say offcourse you could die but smoking seems the safest. same reason why so many smoke their heroine. However i just eat my opium and sniff my heroine....

Why would you say "of course you could die?" Mathematically when I read the amount of opium it takes to kill a person from oral ingestion, It seems Impossible for someone to inhale that amount of smoke into their lungs

Are you saying that because you think so? or are you saying that because you know so? Because the only incidence Ive read about, the person died because the opium was mixed with morphine extract. Opium has been around for thousands of years and I can not find a single obituary where someone died from smoking natural opium

2 grams of the most potent opium contains 120-250 milligrams of morphine. More than 200 milligrams of morphine will kill an average person, someone with no tolerance. Therefore, a person would have to inhale 2 grams of opium into his lungs in order to overdose. Thats a whole heck of a lot of smoke to inhale and resin to accumulate within the lungs. I cant find a single obituary where someone died from smoking real opium that wasnt laced.

2 grams of the most potent opium contains 120-250 milligrams of morphine. More than 200 milligrams of morphine will kill an average person, someone with no tolerance. Therefore, a person would have to inhale 2 grams of opium into his lungs in order to overdose. Thats a whole heck of a lot of smoke to inhale and resin to accumulate within the lungs. I cant find a single obituary where someone died from smoking real opium that wasnt laced.

It COULD happen, though. Say if the person weighed like 90lbs and was totally opiate-naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.