• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can a person burn out receptors or be naturally more tolerant?

criminalminds

Greenlighter
This is my first time writing a post so if in in the wrong place please help me find the right place. I can't seem to get high on opiates at at all! I tried something that was supposed to be heroin but was carbfentynal instead. I know it was real because other people were passing out. This was my first and only time Iv use of this type of drug. I felt nothing and did more then everyone that includes people that did it all the time. I have experience with most opiates and early on I was able to feel a normal level of pain meds. A few percs and I was good. I was Introduced to methadone early in my opiate use and had always thought that is why pills weren't working that methadone had my tolerance higher then I was willing to try and mess with finding in expensive opiates. This experience with the heroin carbfent whatever it was had me wondering why? I've generally only stuck with fentnayl patch and methadone because it's all that works but I'm sure that I should have felt something after an Iv dose much higher (did 3 times small to large trying to find what dose g) all the people that had obviously felt it.

people can be naturally tolerant, but if all portions of your story are correct, you should have felt something. Maybe youre tolerance is wayyyyy higher than you thought? or maybe you have an enzyme deficiency? (not likely that it would effect this type of thing but you never know) Or maybe the carbfentanyl was not actually stronger than your normal dose of fentanyl?

How much fent you think I get with doing half a hundred microgram patch at one time. Name brand kind that's flat with no gel. I find it's the strongest kind or if what I've tried. I since did try to smoke the gel kind and still nothing. I don't understand how my tolerance is so freaking high. I have not done any huge amount for ant period of time. I do have history of hormones being out of whack and my moms got hypothyroidism so maybe not processing something normal? I've failed drug test that I know I should pass based on the half life of things and then passed one another time that I most definitely should have failed.

fentanyl, especially prescription fentanyl, is very strong and can affect tolerance for a long time. And considering the fact that the fentanyl you may find on the streets can be cut with other things or not actually what they say it is, that may be the issue here.