• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

RCs Can 1,4BDO be plugged?

MXEasy

Greenlighter
So this sounds dumb to actually type, but I'm really not sure as it's a prodrug, and as I understand it is converted into ghb after it's second pass thru the liver.... So could one plug it, avoid the taste, and expect it to make the conversion to ghb for the desired result?

"Drugs administered through this route are absorbed through two different vascular systems, one of which delivers agents to the liver while the second bypasses the liver. As a result, wide variations of bioavailability are seen after rectal administration. References report that 50% of a drug delivered by the rectal route undergoes first-pass metabolism in the liver, but this is a broad approximation, and absorption is often irregular and incomplete. "

It might work, but could also lead to potentially dangerous dosing due to irregular metabolization and the delay in effect (dangerous redosing).

Depends on it's acidity/alkalinity too - putting strong alkalies up your bunghole won't do you much good.

This will be my first go with BDO, but I hear a lot about the taste here and other places. I posted this in psychedelics bc I'm at a point in my life where I feel like I have conquered a lot of the demons which have held me back in the past. In my early twenties if I had an ounce of MDMA well then I'd better pray it went quick. Otherwise I'd be taking it everyday until it was gone. Now I have two kinds I've picked up in the last 6 months, and each I've only done once. Two types of Lucy I've yet to try, one of which I've lost track of how many people have come back to say it's the best they've ever had. I do plan to try it Thursday at last (had it nearly 2 months now). Plus I have 3 novel substances in my stash I have yet to even try. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm sure if I posted this in other drugs instead I'd get a greater volume of responses, but I want responsible answers, and I don't think that's the place. Not knocking that focus forum, and hell there was a time when that's where I'd spend most of my time, but I'm not there anymore so thanks guys for dealing in facts. Perhaps I'll try BDO this weekend, but perhaps I'll even wait longer than that. I'm a little excited bc ghb is one of the only established substances I've yet to try. If you cant tell from my screen name I'm a fan of dissociatives, and have substantial experience with a good many. GHB is a gaba drug tho if I'm not mistaken, and that's another class I am well traveled in enjoying most save for alcohol. Phenibut, pregaballin, and a great many benzos wether prescription or rc I've at least experienced the vast majority the greatest hits so to speak, and even some beyond obscure ones. I have to say I pretty excited to at last have the chance to see for myself how this unique substance really rides that dissociative/gaba line. If anyone with a similar wrap sheet in those classes feels they'd be able to put into words what it is I should expect feel free. I've done my research, and feel it's one of those things that you just have to experience yourself like a dissociative hole, or a true break thru on dmt.

Well just keep your expectations reserved.

I've never really heard it compared to a dissociative before.

To me, 1,4 BDO and GHB/GBL are actually quite boring drugs. It's like a cleaner version of alcohol, but less euphoric than alcohol. I do not get MDMA, aphrodisiac, stimulant or euphoria from it (these effects seem genetic and not everyone experiences them). To me, it's a lot closer to a sleeping pill that will easily kill you if you take a tiny bit too much. So be careful.

To me, 1,4 BDO and GHB/GBL are actually quite boring drugs. It's like a cleaner version of alcohol, but less euphoric than alcohol. I do not get MDMA, aphrodisiac, stimulant or euphoria from it (these effects seem genetic and not everyone experiences them). To me, it's a lot closer to a sleeping pill that will easily kill you if you take a tiny bit too much. So be careful.
Isn't the bit about it killing you easily if you do too much mostly relegated to mixing it with other downers? Like a tiny bit too much 1,4 BDO isn't gonna kill you, but a tiny bit too much in combo with another downer like alcohol, or a benzo and it becomes infinitely more dangerous. On its own my understanding is that it's relatively safe

Isn't the bit about it killing you easily if you do too much mostly relegated to mixing it with other downers? Like a tiny bit too much 1,4 BDO isn't gonna kill you, but a tiny bit too much in combo with another downer like alcohol, or a benzo and it becomes infinitely more dangerous. On its own my understanding is that it's relatively safe
About half of deaths from GHB are due to GHB alone with no other drugs. Do not assume it's difficult to die from.

1,4 BDO is even easier to overdose due to it's delayed onset leading to inappropriate redosing.

The only drug I've ever gone into a coma on was GBL - just take slightly too much and you wake up in hospital with someone asking you what month it is. I said May. (It was April)

Hold some in your mouth for a bit before you commit to plug to gauge how irritating it is. Even slightly diluted I would worry about it messing up my gut flora for a bit.

The real question is, is bdo even better plugged. It's a prodrug and I'm pretty sure metabolized by hepatic aldehyde dehydrogenases to gbl, so I'm not sure if it would be any benefit to go up the bum.

BDO doesnt taste that bad, just mix it in a cup full of juice and drink it down fast. There is a reason its stored in glass and only certain types of plastic, its cuz it eats thru stuff. I would not want to put that into my asshole personally and it works great orally, top notch drug.

That being said i have plugged GBL before, at a dose of 1.5ml GBL/3.5ml H2O in a 5ml oral syringe and it worked and i got crazy high but i was kinda paranoid it would be dangerous, this drug dissolves plastic to so it wasnt very smart. That same day i later plugged a Gram of Ephenidine in two doses and had a decent trip brewing and then i plugged more of the GBL/H2O and all of a sudden like 20mins later i was thrown into one of the strongest dissos holes ever.

When it started to come on i was worried cuz of how fucked i was getting some quickly. Ephenidine isnt that water soluble apparently and i just had a ton of it hanging out in my ass. Well the GBL acting as a solvent dissolved it all and it sent me to the moon, was actually really amazing once i became acclimated but i didnt come down for like a day at least.

Vì vậy, điều này nghe có vẻ ngu ngốc khi thực sự gõ, nhưng tôi thực sự không chắc chắn vì đó là một tiền chất, và như tôi hiểu nó được chuyển đổi thành ghb sau khi nó đi qua gan lần thứ hai.... Vì vậy, người ta có thể cắm nó, tránh mùi vị, và mong đợi nó để thực hiện chuyển đổi sang ghb cho kết quả mong muốn?
Đúng là GBL (gamma-butyrolactone) là một tiền chất được chuyển đổi thành GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) sau khi nó được chuyển hóa ở gan. Tuy nhiên, bản thân GBL có thể độc hại và có thể gây ra các vấn đề sức khỏe nghiêm trọng, bao gồm suy hô hấp, co giật và hôn mê. Do đó, không an toàn khi tiêu thụ GBL dưới mọi hình thức, kể cả cắm hoặc bất kỳ phương pháp nào khác.
Hoặc bạn có thể truy cập TechZAPK để tìm thông tin hữu ích

Last edited:
1,4 BDO can absolutely be plugged. It works the same as oral.
Good practice is administering it 50/50 with water, but it doesn't seem to be an outright irritant, even when used often.

BDO is pH neutral (neither acid nor basic) and does not seem to irritate skin (put a drop on the back of your arm, it shouldn't do much). Metabolism is exclusively to GHB and is very rapid (when given IV in studies, no BDO was detected after 5 minutes).

That said the dose window is very small. I found that 1.5g was mild, 2g pleasant, and 2.5g almost too much. Mild overdoses can cause paradoxical stimulation and agitation, stronger overdoses can cause unrouseable unconsciousness, respiratory depression and possible aspiration of vomit.
Don't redose until at least 3-4 hours have passed or you are in for a bad time.

And of course, regular or frequent use can also cause dependency or addiction, though in my experience not everyone will experience it, and it is generally less intense than benzo/alcohol wd.

Last edited:
Be careful with the dose if you go bunghole. I put some DMT up my arsehole once and by the time I'd got to my hands and knees (I was laying on my back, legs in the air with a rubber enema tube wedged up my hamsters nose) I was at the peak of a full blown DMT trip. I managed to crawl to the settee.

Tragically - I still spewed my guts up even putting DMT up my bunghole.

GHB the boring version of alcohol?! My friend you must have either A) got fake stuff B) not
dosed high enough or … idk or..

GHB made me feel like I was rolling, drunk and a sex crazed freak with the most euphoria of any drug I’ve ever done. It got so bad I was drinking it straight and passing out in the floor constantly. By the end I had severe burns on my internal organs I seriously laid in a bathtub for 7 hours thinking I was about to die ..

I believe HPV (STD) and GHB are seriously dangerous combination which I leaned I must have HPV. Because of the acidity it causes severe damage..

GHB the boring version of alcohol?! My friend you must have either A) got fake stuff B) not
dosed high enough or … idk or..
I wish. GHB on paper should be my favorite drug beyond all. A euphoric gabaergic that makes sex better? The way some people describe it sounds so amazing and I should love it more than heroin....

But, for me, it's pretty boring and empty.

And trust me I've had pure stuff where the difference between 4ml and 5ml is complete unconsciousness for several hours.

Difference between my first GHB/GBL (it really was a mix) experiences and GHB many years after was huge. First time I tried it I in a way liked it more than MDMA, and if compared to alcohol it had all the best from alcohol and increased and almost none of the bad effects. Then when I did it along pretty huge benzo and alcohol tolerance it wasn’t nearly as good, still nice tho. But last time I did it with much lower benzo and alcohol tolerance, and even I did just a small dose, it it really glowed again.

I wish. GHB on paper should be my favorite drug beyond all. A euphoric gabaergic that makes sex better? The way some people describe it sounds so amazing and I should love it more than heroin....

But, for me, it's pretty boring and empty.

And trust me I've had pure stuff where the difference between 4ml and 5ml is complete unconsciousness for several hours.

For me I find it takes alot of fiddling and good degree of luck to achieve euphoric, empathogenic and prosexual states (especially with 1,4-butanediol). Crystalline Sodium GHB is the best and cleanest feeling, and has the most consistent effect, but even that is hit or miss for me.

Certainly never resembled MDMA or etc. But on occasion it's been nice. Less so with 1,4-butanediol, which has a dirty body load to it.

That said, the memories that really stand out from past GHB use are actually the ones where I poisoned myself with too much. The feeling of sickness from high doses of GHB (and especially 1,4-BD) is extreme and all encompassing. The nausea can be out of this world, sort of reminiscent of the time I chewed on half a tin of skoal tobacco dip 🤢

When I was in high school I acquired a number of liters of 1,4-butanediol sold as "Cassandra's Floor Cleaner". I gave a bunch of my friends little dropper bottles of it. As you can imagine, things went a bit sideways. Fortunately no one got hurt.