Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Camping Out on the Dance Floor

^
|
WTF?
E-tard puddles shit me to tears. I'm with Bass Junky... just accidentally on purpose stomp on 'em a few times - remembering to say "sorry dude" each time of course - and they generally get the hint
wink.gif

------------------
Dig and be dug in return.

Hahahha - have to agree with the majority of you. Have come across this a couple of times in sydney. When I'm truly flying and at one with the music, I've got my eyes closed, soaring away (but being careful not to bump into others) and then crunch, stand on someone's hand. Makes me feel bad for hurting them, makes me feel bad 'cos they bumped me out of my special place. The dance floor is for flying on, not sitting!

I actually gave someone a blackeye at Kryal (The long room) when I stomped a bit too hard. I didn't even know they where there until I hit them. But yeah I hate ppl who camp in the middle of the floor. I'm also not a big fan of the piles of clothes and bags etc at clubs (Don't mind at massives) as it takes up valuable real estate.
------------------
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?"
"Well I have actually and it turns out that the devil is a real top bloke."

get right next to them...
do a rally big spin...
don't pull it off...
land right on top of them...
shout PLUR enthusiastically...
step on a few more as you get up...
repeat as many times as necessary.

for those non-believers who were at mystic 5 last weekend:
BEHOLD THE CAMPERS!!
muzby wishes to apoligse to the 25 or so people he trod on... there were plenty of seats...
disclaimer!!this post in no way represents any bluelighter who chose to enjoy the awesome laser show... they are allowed to camp
wink.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Well, thats my 2.2c worth (inc. GST). I'll be in the corner if anyone needs me....
[This message has been edited by muzby (edited 18 July 2001).]
[This message has been edited by muzby (edited 18 July 2001).]

So that was you in that fight up at the long room at Kryal Airwalk! You nasty pastie you.
wink.gif

Ravers have been doing this (in Melbourne, anyway) since time immemorial. Not everyone dances at raves; the so-called "E" experience doesn't solely involve dancing. Many people like to sit in the middle of the dancefloor - chatting, massaging, whatever - whilst being in the midst of the action. Try it sometime! It can be quite surreal looking up at everyone going off!
wink.gif

Anyway, if you don't like it, just dance up the back, like I do.
smile.gif

To all of those oh so annoying campers.
Get up and move to the side!!!!!!!!!!!

heres my post from elsewhere.....
============================
Whats with all those asses sitting in a big crowd in the middle of the fucken dance floor?
Theres not enough room as it is and those idiots go an set up camp smack bang in the middle of the dance floor and you're happily dancing away and they sit back and they just stare at you......i mean wtf? dont they have better things to do than pay $40-60 for a rave ticket and sit on their butts all night just watching other people have fun???
Sure chilling out with all your buddies for a quick rest is fine but these people dont move......they sit there for hours not moving, wearing all their jumpers and jackets, and not a drop of sweat on them.....
Why come at all if thats all you're gonna do...and especially why in the middle of the dance floor????
what does everyone else think?
=============================

Yup muzby, I saw that too
Specially towards the end (4-5 O'clock?) it was just ridiculous...
At one stage it was like 70% of the main-room
If there's a big crowd of us, I admit that we normally put all our bags and jackets in a little pile in the middle of us, so flame me if you will...But I still think sitting down is a whole lot worse. There were "campsites" with as many as 10 people gathered around at M5 though, bit irritating to put it mildly, specially when there were those funky seats up the back...

i sit on the floor sometimes! its relaxing!
but yeah i do get that its annoying... when it really bothered me though was at eckythump...
the already bloody small arena became INCREASINGLY smaller as people jsut fuken plonked their arses on the floor up the back...
cant you sit ELSEWHERE when theres NOT ENOUGH ROOM?!
i lay down on the floor at mystic5 :p
but it was off to the side a bit, and not close enough to annoy anyone...
as long as campers dont get in the way of dancing near the front of the arena its ok by me..
but generally they do, so fuck off!
smile.gif

well, imho if you must "visit the mothership" then at least have the common decency to do it somewhere out of the way... like on the mattresses at sunny side up in melb, or on a couch somewhere.
that said, the dancefloor is often pretty clogged with people doing the "chopped MDMA dance" which is a couple of baby steps and a sway every minute
wink.gif
when you're not chulk bopped yourself, these people can get in the way a bit... but that's all part of the fun of the party, eh?
as long as you're not infringing on other peoples' good time, i reckon it's all good.

WARNING: i WILL be parking my arse in the main arena at mystic 6 coz i REFUSE to miss the awesome laser show that is gunna be on!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

im *REALLY* sorry if i offend anyone... please try to not stomp on me
smile.gif

:p
------------------
*insert funny quote here*

Oh, now you are getting me all hot and bothered....
THE THING THAT ABSOLUTELY CRAPS ME OFF ABOUT THESE PEOPLE IS THAT IF YOU GO TO DANCE IN THE NON CROWDED PARTS OF THE FLOOR AND YOU DANCE ON THEIR STUFF THEN THEY GET PISSED AT YOU FOR INTENTIONALLY STANDING ON THEIR CRAP....whew, I can come out of caps now....
------------------
Ludicrous speed... GO!
-----------------------
God loves everyone
God takes pills!

The only time i'm on my ass on the dance flore is when i'm smaked out.. And i'm sorry but i'm not moving from there!!
smile.gif

i love sitting there while there are mad dancers around me and i'm smaked out of my brain and just loving it.. and then when you get up it's just even more amazing!! ARUGH! I LOVE IT.. hehehe
hmmm.. whens my next party.. 3rd November.. arugh.. 2 long, 2 long..
ok.. i'll go now
------------------
~~~who gots the lighter!?~~~
[This message has been edited by acell (edited 22 October 2001).]

Since this thread has surfaced again.. did anyone else see the deckchair in the middle of the danceflor at NRG4 at altona (vic) a few months back. It was one of those ones that you take to the beach and you can lean right back. I stood there for a good 2 minutes to make sure it wasnt some crazy laser effect.
I was sooo affected by this sight that I walked up to the guy sitting in it to give him a good talking to. Just before I got there he walked off, I went after him, but lost him in the crowd. What could I do but await his return.......damn that chair was comfy....I was almost asleep by the time he got back.....(he he he, hmmmmm)