• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids calling poppy seed tea experts

DaleEarnhardt

Greenlighter
I use this shit habitually, and as so i dont come around too many people that know much more about it than me, but i have a couple things that bother me, and i cant find answers to.

1: why does it give me such bad dry mouth, and nose. ill wake up with a bloody nose on a cold night, or a mouth so dry i cant swallow.

2: sometimes ill go a whole 24 hours without taking a piss, and sometimes i have the urge really badly but just cant make it come out. i know all opiates do this but it seems like PST last so long that it actually becomes a serious problem.

3: lastly, is this shit bad for my kidneys? ive read some things that suggest a surge of some of the alkaloids from seeds can be very bad for your kidneys, im not doing permeant damage by dosing 3-4 times a week am i?

Well, I never used Seeds, just Pods, it was my first true opiate habbit..all opiates when abused seem to make it harder to pee, but since I got this Pound of Poppys friday(finished them off today) I did find it harder to pee than usual(am on Sub Maintaince). But while on Pods daily I never got dry mouth or bloody noses...while I say it made it harder to pee like all opiates do at larger doses, I never went 24 hours without being able to pee! Maybe you should go to a doctor, because I don't think Seeds should be causing a dry/bloody nose...And though not seeds, Pods never gave me a dry mouth such as your decribing...

I never experienced bloody noses or a dry mouth.
I have had issues with urinary retention when I was makingTea everyday. I couldn't pee for 24 hours, so I went to the ER and they put a catheter in (not so bad, but I wouldn't recommend it). Then I had to go to the urologis. After this happened a year ago, I've had more intense problems with urinary retention when on opiates. If this is becoming a real problem, you should def go to the urologist. At least you'll get meds to help you pee like flomax.

God, I've never had the pee issue thank god, have always found it harder to pee on large doses of opiates but not 24 hours!! Seems like people on Methadone/Suboxone woulld have the same problem due to the half life, pooing can be a prooblem for me sometimes on Suboxone, sometimes harder to pee, but never 24 hours, even on Poppys...

Edit: Nothing to do with the thread but I made it to post 1,000!!!!

i just want to point out that the peeing thing only happens on really high doses, like 3lb's +. same thing with the bloody nose, i think it happened twice, but that really could have just been the weather mixed with my dehydrated sinuses

I don't remember how much it was, but I think it was due to stopping tea and then using Kratom. Yeah when you're happy to have a catheter in there is something wrong...

I used seed and pod tea for years. Never got dry mouth or bloody nose. I had trouble peeing, and still do on subutex, but never 24 hours. I sit down to pee mostly, and have to use a stall in a public bathroom. Kinda sucks.

Anyone know of good store to buy them cheap in bulk in Canada? Bulk barn is outrageous, it is over 10 bucks a kg. for the legal unwashed seeds to make molasses bars that is, hopefully price rules do not apply to what is generally considered a food product.

Some brands make your skin dry out bad and sometimes your mouth but usually just your skin... You obviously react different or its just the seeds you use.... As for pissing... Unless you require a super low dose I don't see how you can hold it all in... I consume over a gallon of water each time I do it which is 4 to 5 times a week and would be sick if I couldn't piss it out... The reason it is hard though is simply because opiates cause urinary retention but it's important you pee man... Very important.... If I drink too much I will puke it up but generally try to just let it settle and move out of my stomach... This isn't puking from taking too high of a dos3...its from putting too mu h water in my stomach too fast. I know as much about it as anyone really can I've been doing it on and off but more on for years. For pain management mostly but I also get high some days... Just comes with the territory of having severely excessive amount of addictive pain meds at your disposal. I have found PST not to be nearly as addictive as other forms of opiates and options though... Most likely bc it takes a while to feel it fully. It lasts a long time and there is no such thing as instant gratification with PST... Anyways any questions you can PM me if you want... I've turned this into an art for I like to think

i just want to point out that the peeing thing only happens on really high doses, like 3lb's +. same thing with the bloody nose, i think it happened twice, but that really could have just been the weather mixed with my dehydrated sinuses
I'd like to point out that... To you 3lbs may be a really high dose, but in reality it surely is not.

Anyone know of good store to buy them cheap in bulk in Canada? Bulk barn is outrageous, it is over 10 bucks a kg. for the legal unwashed seeds to make molasses bars that is, hopefully price rules do not apply to what is generally considered a food product.
Generally you can get them for around 2 and change per pound when bought in bulk. Remember the cheaper they are the better with these things
Sorry for the multiple posts. I am on mobile and when I try to merge my posts it always gives me an error or just reloads the recent posts page.. Idk but just saying

Some brands make your skin dry out bad and sometimes your mouth but usually just your skin... You obviously react different or its just the seeds you use.... As for pissing... Unless you require a super low dose I don't see how you can hold it all in... I consume over a gallon of water each time I do it which is 4 to 5 times a week and would be sick if I couldn't piss it out... The reason it is hard though is simply because opiates cause urinary retention but it's important you pee man... Very important.... If I drink too much I will puke it up but generally try to just let it settle and move out of my stomach... This isn't puking from taking too high of a dos3...its from putting too mu h water in my stomach too fast. I know as much about it as anyone really can I've been doing it on and off but more on for years. For pain management mostly but I also get high some days... Just comes with the territory of having severely excessive amount of addictive pain meds at your disposal. I have found PST not to be nearly as addictive as other forms of opiates and options though... Most likely bc it takes a while to feel it fully. It lasts a long time and there is no such thing as instant gratification with PST... Anyways any questions you can PM me if you want... I've turned this into an art for I like to think

well the problem isnt when im drinking or right after, im good on peeing for awhile, let you said it takes a while to fully kick in. ill probably drink around a gallon of water and pee 7 times, then i might not pee for awhile, but its not like im drinking much and its all gone by then anyways. the peeing thing really happens around double my normal dose of 2.8lbs.

also no one has commented on it being bad for kidneys? that and dry mouth were my main questions.

So if a dose of 2-3 kg is not really that big, what kind of containers are you veteran tea makers using for large doses?

Also, will the tea degrade if it is allowed to evaporate or if it boiled down to reduce the water content?

I dont drink poppy tea, but from what I have read, you seem to be getting really dehydrated. I have the same issues whenever I get real dehydrated, and poppy seed tea can co tribute to dehydration. Try drinking more water. Dehydration can cause your lips to get really dry, as well as your mouth. You can also get bad headaches...and all the other things mentioneD. Plus, as already stated, it is harder to pee when on opiates. So before you hit up a doctor or the ER, I would increase the water intake.

So if a dose of 2-3 kg is not really that big, what kind of containers are you veteran tea makers using for large doses?

Also, will the tea degrade if it is allowed to evaporate or if it boiled down to reduce the water content?

haha a buddy and me brewed a brew in a 5 gallon food safe bucket with a lid, we joked about taking it to the paint store for them to shake it for us. i think we made 7 or 8 pounds of seeds. we filled it with the hose lol.

but still guys, no one know if its bad for your kidneys?

I love the piss thing.
I sit on the toilet and read a book.
That is how I know I got good seeds, the good seed taste, not the pepper crap, or the milky crap, and the constipated pee.
But I am not sure the Pepper thing means bad seeds. I started another thread.
I dose 200g's a few times a day. I love the stuff.
I am switching to Kratom for a bit.
I never got the dry mouth thing by the way.

My friends Grandpa has been on opium his whole life and his kidneys are fine.
I am not a doctor, but i would be more worried about Tylanol than poppy tea.

Not if you don't boil it... You want to keep it where there are just a few bubbles but you mainly need just a few whiffs of steam every second... Like 1/3 heat unless you use gas... Gas I used between 1 and 2 on a 1 to 10 burner... If the bubbles are coming up with any rapidness you have it too hot. Also tea will spoil in about 16 hours if left out... Maybe 24 at the most in the fridge and will cause stomach issues. Bad. With this if it isn't too spoiled you can simmer it down and it takes care of the stomach issues. Apart from that I have yet to be able to find a way around spoiling

Also the other question. I use a 1 or 2 gallon jug... Usually 1 gallon can safely hold 3.5lbs while still leaving room for the water above and air for the shaking. Do not make the mistake of filling too much because at best you'll just Lose a decent amount of seeds from having to make space... I dose between 6 and up to 12 or 13 pounds... At 6 I can relax but the upper doses are most definitely for longevity aka super duper long legs... I'm talking 24 hours on the low side... Pain relief for 36 hours and still kind of high

As for kidneys I've done this 4 to 5 times a week for 4 almost 5 years with only 2 breaks one of 3 months one of almost 4 months and only due to no access besides the Internet... I have had my kidneys checked regularly and they're perfectly fine. This is with heavy synthetic cannabinoid use and dxm for pain relief when I was in my drought.... So it's safe to say PST is relatively safe for the kidneys... And the whole body at that.. Opiates are one of the most benign drugs there is... Apart from constipation and tolerance/dependency issues it really causes no harm to the body at all. I have never had WDs from PST either going up to 7 days in a row and 1 and a half to 2 days off but generally 4 to 5 times a week usually 4 or 5 days in a row honestly... Maybe I am lucky but like I said earlier I have found PST much less addictive than other forms of opiates including the same opiates just in pill form. Yet again I may be a lucky fucker take that with a mountain of salt.

It is crazy the dose thing.
The seeds in Australia worked at 200g
The seeds in the USA took over 2lb's and made me sick.
That is a big difference. Mostly Money wise...
I am going to buy bulk online, if it takes more than 1lb of seeds, I am over it for good.
I will switch to Kratom full time. (Untill I go back to Australia)
IMO the seeds withdraw were nothing like heroin. My body too, responds better to natural things.

i have been drinking PST made with 1.25 lbs of seeds every day for about three years. i equate this amount to about 60mgs oxycodone... enough for me to feel good- just a lil better then simply "getting well", though not enough to be "high".

i have never had dry mouth or bloody noses.

BUT i do have one kidney.... and just had a blood test checking it out last week... and to my surprise it is a-ok!

if you're worried about your kidneys, just get a blood test.... what may be fine for my one kidney could totally fuck up another persons.... this is the internet and all just speculation

Yes, I agree with xivixive. A blood test for kidney and liver function is never bad. If you think it may be your liver, then I'd recommend using milk thistle as it helps your liver process substances I believe. I am using it to help mine from 8 years of abuse and all the meds I have to take.