• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Calling ALL Psychonauts - A LIFE Sentence for LSD is Immoral!

dwpineal

Greenlighter
My friend Rudd is currently serving a life sentence for LSD Conspiracy, and he wasn't even arrested with any LSD. Take a stand now to say that a life sentence for LSD is immoral and unethical. Please share this with your networks - if you are a member of online forums, please copy/paste this text freely and repost, if you use social media, share the links to the petition to bring your circles closer, help us use this technology for connectivity to stand together.

To learn more, visit the petition page here; http://www.change.org/petitions/clemency-for-roderick-walker-life-for-lsd

or watch the video below
[video=youtube_share;8ghdYc9OJiM]http://youtu.be/8ghdYc9OJiM[/video]

Here's the text from the video;
This is my best friend, Roderick Walker, but everybody calls him Rudd. A DeadHead, traveller, artist, and jewelry maker. He's currently served over a decade of a life sentence for the non-violent offense of LSD Conspiracy.

He was charged with conspiracy, because he WAS NOT caught with any LSD. He was convicted solely on the testimony of others, and these people were bargaining down their own jail time for other crimes by testifying against Rudd.

The government offered him 8 years if Rudd would cooperate in other investigations. Instead he refused and wanted to use his 6th Amendment right to defend himself, and for exercising this right the government gave him the 2nd most severe penalty permitted by law in America, a life sentence.

Since Rudd had 2 prior convictions for simple possession of LSD, he qualified for a life sentence under harsh and outdated minimum mandatory sentencing guidelines.

He will never see his family and friends as a free man again unless we all band together for his release. I believe, and I hope you do to that even if he had been arrested with LSD, which he wasn't, and even if he had been arrested with every gram of LSD that he is accused of, he has served enough time and should be sent home.
A life sentence is immoral and unethical AND it costs tax payers almost $30,000 per year to keep Rudd locked up. So far the USA has spent almost a half million dollars on his incarceration and could easily spend several million more over the next few decades.
We are the voice of society and together we can show the world that we believe Rudd’s debt to society has been paid in full and he should not be caged for the rest of his life at taxpayer expense.

So if you've made it this far - please help spread the word, share this video, share a link to the petition, and please click the link to sign the petition yourself.Your signature is critical in helping to bring my best friend home.

I'm not sure if this type of thread is allowed but I'm moving to Psychedelic Drugs. Sorry about your friend.

It most certainly is immoral, and very, very sad.

A life sentence for any drug is immoral, even a 1 day sentence for a drug is immoral.
I signed the petition :)

Signed. I'm thankful for the people who take the risk to make LSD available to us. Still life is just ridiculous. Here's hoping the drug war dies soon, and when it does all the folks in for simple drug charges get clemency.

What an egregious miscarriage of justice. If there is anything I can do aside from signing the petition please PM me and let me know.

hey man i think this is pretty fucked up too

how safe exactly is it for me to put my real info on there? is it necessary?

i will be a convicted felon on july 8, if this is getting sent to the government i just wanna know whether or not this will put me more on the radar and such or not

Yeah, that kind of a sentence is just ridiculous, it is completely out of balance.

I had a little look online, for anyone else who is interested - http://ca10.washburnlaw.edu/cases/2006/05/05-5127.htm

Also this came up on Bluelight - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/521052-LSD-life-sentence

Thanks so much for the support everyone! You can also see ALL his appeals and some of his trial transcripts on my SCRIBD page here;
http://www.scribd.com/ellisd_3

Those are only what is available so far (the government has 39,000 more pages, which through FOIA we will be able to get, but have to come up with $0.10/page, which is about $4,000).

hey man i think this is pretty fucked up too

how safe exactly is it for me to put my real info on there? is it necessary?

i will be a convicted felon on july 8, if this is getting sent to the government i just wanna know whether or not this will put me more on the radar and such or not

I wouldn't think it is going to put you on the radar, but you never know :)

Signed. I'm thankful for the people who take the risk to make LSD available to us. Still life is just ridiculous. Here's hoping the drug war dies soon, and when it does all the folks in for simple drug charges get clemency.
Agreed. I'm very thankful for those willing to take the risk and put in the time money and effort to make these wonderful compounds available to us. I will spread the message as far as I can. We need to get this innocent guy out of there

Agreed. I'm very thankful for those willing to take the risk and put in the time money and effort to make these wonderful compounds available to us. I will spread the message as far as I can. We need to get this innocent guy out of there

Much MUCH love and respect!

I am grateful people are getting this out there. If somebody didn't how else would people know? Some chose to use drugs or sell drugs, that shouldn't end with them stuck behind bars without any way out.