• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Calling all experts on suboxone & / or law

poloblue

Bluelighter
Been on subs 3 years, not once have I been warned or even told about possible tooth decay. I even brought it up last year to my clinic because what happened this morning had also happened then & they told me that no way it could be from the subs. So after waking up today & takin my meds I noticed it happened again for the 2nd time in 3 years. The insides of my 4 front bottom teeth are brown. Takes an hour to scrape the shit off. Like I went to sleep w/ a mouth full of pepsi or Coke only I don't drink soda...& after googling suboxone teeth I found several instances of ppl discussing how subs are rotting their teeth as well as a decrease in saliva (1st line of defense against tooth decay). I'm super anal about my teeth, floss after meals n brush 2x a day. I know it is from the subs , it's in the exact spot where the sub sits everyday for 15 min not to mention the personal accounts I've been reading. I guess what I'm getting at here is that it seems grossly negligent & irresponsible of reckitt to not warn or atleast disclose this information to addicts when they are getting on the drug. I would have never stayed on this as long as I have having known what I know now. Just from a mouth standpoint nvm all the other neg shit. Almost feel like I should stand outside clinic n show these pics to ppl going in or thinking about getting on it. Has anyone ever filed a class action against these deceivers (reckitt) & would it even b worth it? Does the information I have even matter? Is the clinic right to tell me that "in no way it could have been from the subs" even though they are the ones providing it & should obviously know....Thanks for any input guys just pissed I have to waste hours scrapin my teeth w/ a dental tool & im sure it is causing more damage than just the non-aesthetically pleasing brown shit. It happened b4 when I was on 8mg but I'm on less than 1mg now....can only imagine if I was still on 8.

Last edited:
Thanks T. Calderone. Wouldn't let me post to other drugs. Kept saying I needed to add a thread prefix, googled it & saw other ppl had same prob n posting in homeless works. & it did lol

As far as a lawsuit I bet one of the papers you signed when becoming a new patient was something to the effect that you can't sue them.

Wouldn't doubt it but still feel like they should be responsible with the info they have n tell the patient n not have providers lying about its harm on the mouth lol

I'm sorry to tell you but I highly doubt it's SOLELY from subuxone ... I think it's your over all lifestyle , eating candy at night and/or food bad habits , not drinking water a lot , not brushing teeth flossing etc, drinking lots of soda . I just don't believe you got tooth decay in 3 years just cause of subs . Sorry .

I'm sorry to tell you but I highly doubt it's SOLELY from subuxone ... I think it's your over all lifestyle , eating candy at night and/or food bad habits , not drinking water a lot , not brushing teeth flossing etc, drinking lots of soda . I just don't believe you got tooth decay in 3 years just cause of subs . Sorry .

Dude did you even read his post? He says he doesn't drink soda, brushes/ flosses 2x a day etc. If anything this guy is too OCD about his tooth care.

Thanks T. Calderone. Wouldn't let me post to other drugs. Kept saying I needed to add a thread prefix, googled it & saw other ppl had same prob n posting in homeless works. & it did lol

Use full site not mobile site and you'll get the drop down prefix box. For whatever reason it doesn't show on mobile. I used to have that issue now I just use full site always. It's way better in other ways too... If you need the login go to Support forum, it's stickied I believe

Ohhhh shit! You too? My gums are eroding where I place my sub pill. Still get pills, but I have even resorted to just snorting mine because my bottom gumline is receding. I take my subs like dip and thought I had it coming since it rests against the outside of my 2 bottom front teeth. It's only the 2 front,
I've played with it and moved it around my gumline or switched to regular sublingually taking it.
But if it is doing that to your inner side then I'm not alone with this. I too brush multiple times and use mouthwash. I can't floss cause I had braces and my teeth are really tightly set against eachother so I have to really jam the floss in, which in return hurts dearly. I would love to sue and get paid but I'm sure the evil CEOs have covered they asses and we probably do sign our lives away, LITERALLY, when we get on sub maintenance. ...damn opiates always finding a way to ruin me someway.

Ohhhh shit! You too? My gums are eroding where I place my sub pill. Still get pills, but I have even resorted to just snorting mine because my bottom gumline is receding. I take my subs like dip and thought I had it coming since it rests against the outside of my 2 bottom front teeth. It's only the 2 front,
I've played with it and moved it around my gumline or switched to regular sublingually taking it.
But if it is doing that to your inner side then I'm not alone with this. I too brush multiple times and use mouthwash. I can't floss cause I had braces and my teeth are really tightly set against eachother so I have to really jam the floss in, which in return hurts dearly. I would love to sue and get paid but I'm sure the evil CEOs have covered they asses and we probably do sign our lives away, LITERALLY, when we get on sub maintenance. ...damn opiates always finding a way to ruin me someway.
Why wouldn't you take it sublingually it's much more effective,it hits that massive vein under your tongue!

Yepp opiephoric exactly my problem too ...gums are receding as well....always had "great teeth" as the dentists; my mom n some gf's would say....I guess I'm a perfectionist like a lot of addicts n my teeth have been the only thing that was ever "perfect" for me aesthetically n am pissed I'm losing that. at this point I would b sniffing my subs too if I could, just to give my mouth a break (and I'm 3-4 yrs removed from sniffing shit) just don't want to lose my fucking teeth lol but unfortunately I'm on the strips...I knew there would be other consistent sub takers chiming in w/ the damage it is causing them. Like I said in my OP I googled sub & teeth n found several instances of this . Coupled w/ my ocd about my oral health I KNOW it is the suboxone. Maybe I'll pick a candy bar up at the store once every 2 weeks or month but I generally stay away from candy & soda or "liquid candy" as I call it. Used to be a chunker growing up middle school n jr high got picked on titty twisters n shit so try to stay away from unhealthy foods/ beverages & the sugar rush shit . Probably also y I loved drugs from such an early age not only made me feel awesome, but noticed I wouldn't b hungry n overeat on those days as well, and even days after. And I hated bein fat more then anything lol

Vedev what is candida? I'd look it up but for sake of conversation I won't lol

Opiephoric if u knew what it was doing to your mouth like u do now would u have ever gotten on it? Or atleast not b on it as long as u have ? This is my point I know I wouldn't be still on it. They are basically tricking their patients. I see commercials on tv "if you or anyone you know has taken _____(whatever drug it is this week) then please call _____ , you may be entitled to payouts or w/e they say.......those commercials are because drug companies were deceiving their patients....not letting them know about dire consequences that eventually happened...

I don't care if he's OCD about his tooth care if you think it's purely due to subuxone ONLY well I'm sorry but you're dumb. Also if you think this will be a law suit worth your time, you're wrong big time

invisible helper plz tell me more things you know ...your so sure about my situation w/o having even seen my teeth or my habits...I cant imagine the secrets your brain contains ...

But for the rest of the ppl who are generally interested & not just a dick for no reason .....counselor called his friend today for me , I guess he's a rep for sub he put him on speaker gave my initials n DOB for complaint, he said he hasn't heard of this happening but I didn't expect him to say he did....if I was repping a company like that, wanted to keep my job I'd say the same thing. Just sketchy to me I've seen other threads/forums of sub patients talking about the exact same thing (from 2013 that's y I started this 1) as well as opiephoric with the exact same thing, also read article about some dudes teeth disintegrating on sub....its not a gradual build up of brown either it just appeared overnight...for the 2nd time in the last 2 years , been on subs 3. I take good care of my mouth & stay away from sugar laden shit.

Why wouldn't you take it sublingually it's much more effective,it hits that massive vein under your tongue!
sorry but no, you have no clue what your talking about. snorting 50-60% ba subL is roughly 30%

Google is your friend