• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Calling all BLer's from '00-'01, is it me or am i getting old?

1) You guys still around at all? (i remember posting here as early as Mar '00) -- I've only just returned after a quite an extended sbbatical. . .I needed it. . .badly!
2) Still into the scene? Still attempting to alter reality on a regular basis? =) -- I'm left the scene due to developing too big a drug habit and have only just returned, not as skinny and a lot wiser! :) Reality occasional gets skewed on a rather lovely angle however. . .
3) Do you go look up all your old posts and wonder "was this really me? what the F*** was i on when i typed this shit?" -- Yes. . .I browsed them just today, Fucking Good Times!!!
4) Have your priorities changed at all in the last 3 yrs? -- Basically back in mid '01 my only priority was clubbing and drugs. . .I have changed alot since then, real life came crashing down on me. . .But I'm still the same trippin' fuck I always was. . .
That's just my 3.7 US cents worth. . . :p

yeah still around every now and then (since feb 00)
not going out nearly as much, or altering reality.. it's getting less and less. still like going out but no "big weekends" anymore. just show up for a few hrs here and there..
concentrating on working, studying and *saving* this year. gonna spend more time traveling too.
i do kinda miss the old days of BL meetups that were *huge* and the BL peeps i dont see much of these days.
never checked my own posts, i'd prolly bore myself. heh =)
hey Gh0st, best of luck n take care of yrself :)
[ 10 February 2003: Message edited by: atomica ]

yep still around. well kind of. I remember the days when I used to check bluelight few times a day! ha! but now it's once a month!
I don't go out to parties as much as I used to. Don't have the time for it. I'm also a lot lazier! I'm still very much into the music, so can't stay away totally.
I sometimes sit down and think about the old days, the big warehouse parties, going there early to help with the set up and decore, knowing 90% of the crowd, playing stupid games through out the night, laughing our asses off.....etc.
They were great days, and I miss them sometimes but life goes on, people move on, things change.
So yeah, like Lep said, thank you for the memories, I will always look back at those mad times and smile.
pLuR.

Yes Goose. You are getting old.
biggrin.gif

all good memories (except the ones of shadow, shes just nasty... and that spoon argh!), going out a bit more again lately but only because its the summer. Check occasionally at work lately when im bored.
hello to all i know.

Damn, has it been that long? I'm still around, never really left BL. There were some incredible parties back in the day, though I don't go to them as much anymore. My priorities have of coarse changed over the years, and luckily the people around here are as cool as eva. Cheers.

^^^ must be a hard life on holidays... that probably should read 'Administrator - Bali' or 'Administrator - Heaven' or something by now ;)

bah, screw you jake-o i'm back. no more jetting around the world for me! well, until next time. i was just breif coz i'm back at work in the thick of it, but yeah now i got time... hello to everyone above, i got some time, but not enuf to say hello to you all individually. take care all!

Hi there..haven't posted on here for ...about 18 months at least, in fact haven't visited here since then...then come back and find this post...hehe. and recognise some old names...hey smurf, milkybar...hope you guys are well & happy.
My priority in life has always been to enjoy my life - life's too short to not be happy and doing what you want to do - provided you make good decisions and don't kill yourself in the process. Pills are great, but there comes a point in time when you need to have a few reality checks and realise there's a whole world of enjoyment out there that you could possibly be missing out on by sleeping your weekends away. There are also people that you can tend to alienate from your life because they don't fit your 'social mold' and likewise, create superficial relationships with people who do. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and assess what's really going on in your life and what you want from it.
Right now, I'm just enjoying jumping in puddles...

bloody eck......i havent seen you around fer a while rockee... round here anyway.
ps it still trips me how i met you at astrofunk
*smiles*

im still around, moreso now than last year. hi to all those ive met through bluelight - a really great bunch of people.

ROCKEEEEEEEEEEEE - my horsey pal!!! how is the riding going? :)
and now for the original questions:
1) You guys still around at all?
- i mainly lurk these days - full time work & some o/s travel has meant i'm usually too busy (or tired) to jump on the 'puter much
2) Still into the scene? Still attempting to alter reality on a regular basis? =)
- not so much, i'm looking for different things these days. my "reality altering" has decreased by a substantial amount
3) Do you go look up all your old posts and wonder "was this really me? what the F*** was i on when i typed this shit?"
- i only usually ever read my old posts if someone has bumped an old thread - i have no problems with what i wrote back when i was a starry-eyed, plur-believin' raver ;)
4) Have your priorities changed at all in the last 3 yrs?
- hell yeah, i would be VERY disappointed and worried if they hadn't.... it's called growing as a person. i have got a bit more direction in my life - where i want to go seems a little bit clearer. i know who my friends are and i love them VERY much
and that's about it,
bk (aka bluegirl pre-october '00) :)

Hrm... I guess I'm a generation after most of the people in this thread, I was lurking around the edges late '00 early '01 after being introduced by Tarsy.
I remember my first meetup at 2T 2001... well, I remember meeting Bass Junky and hugging the grass next to the giant penguin...
I'm still here, lurking a bit, I don't read the forums much these days, most of it's all been said before. It's good to see some people grow up and move on eventually, hopefully, I never will :)

I registered in '00, never really been a big meetup person. I kind of think that the meetups are dieing aswell. And infact may become a thing of the past. Which is sad cause the few i have been to have been fun.
YES
2) Still into the scene? Still attempting to alter reality on a regular basis?
Yes,Yes
3) Do you go look up all your old posts and wonder "was this really me? what the F*** was i on when i typed this shit?
No
No

Hey all :) I registered in Nov 99 but was here a few months before that when you didn't need to be registered to post.
Umm don't really post much anymore...although was never really a huge poster compared to others. When i do come here i usually just enjoy reading posts by people who are in a similar place to where i was when i was right into BL. It's nice to see people who are still so passionate about the 'scene'.
2) Still into the scene? Still attempting to alter reality on a regular basis? =)
No where near as much as i was. My music tastes have changed and i'd prefer to go see a band these days. Don't go out very often anymore (maybe once every few months)and am staying clear of chems. Had a nice 10 month break last year and when i went back to chems/parties it just wasn't the same.
3) Do you go look up all your old posts and wonder "was this really me? what the F*** was i on when i typed this shit?"
No way cause i only posted about stuff that i felt was important to me. It's funny reading old posts cause i get to see how much i've changed.
Hell yes!!! When i first came to BL my life revolved around parties/drugs and continued to for a few years. Around end of 2001 i decided it was time to get my life in order and i've found this great new drug called reality. Best highs (and worst lows) i've come across :) I've got a great boy, beautiful friends and actually have some idea about where i want my life to go. I'm happy :)

Hey there Blue Kitten!!! Yeah, horsey riding is cool. We competed at a one day event at the olympic centre a couple of weeks ago - was a very cool experience! My horse was awesome, but I was a doofus and eliminated us by missing the exit marker on the water jump.. Oops. :p
Madmick..must be 21-22 by now??? That was funny meeting you at Astrofunk...completely bizarre, and god only knows why I thought to ask if it was you.. hehe... a cool night! How is your Canberra crew?