• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol C.E. Being a Dumb C*nt with Hand Santiser Again v Hold Ma Vomit

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Soooo. Think time I've mixed like a half ounce (maybe up to AN ounce, I didn't measure it) with 8 or 9 ounces of Coke Zero. It still tastes like I'm sucking an alcohol wipe but at least it's not having a violent emetic effect like when I tried to drink it straight* so yah.
It DOES say "70% ethanol" so I know that a) it's 140 proof and b) it contains ethyl alcohol so am I right in thinking it's relatively safe and won't cause blindness or renal damage? Because I drank 20oz of hand santiser made from isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol )while in hospital once and I had to have dialysis.
The label is extremely vague, so I'm wondering what impurities are in it? Must be something to make it so gag-inducingly THICK, right? Also, can I be sure it's not denatured? That fact that I'm mildly inebriated means it isn't denatured, right?

*should have known that was a bad idea, since when do I do ANYTHING straight ;)

Last edited:
U won’t die but probably best to nip down to the shops instead of damaging your insides.

Chronic alcoholics used to nick it from the hospital here and mix it with fizzy orange. I’m sure 1 or 2 of them might be still alive today

I'm stuck at my parents house during covid so no alcohol allowed
Pretty sure the UK is allowing folks out of their houses to buy essential items (e.g. Vodka). Also pretty sure that the public park wardens are a little too busy to care about a dude sitting on a park bench with a bottle of Coke Zero (mixed at 1 part Coke to 10 parts Vodka).

Problem solved. You get your Alc and you ain't drinking it at your folk's place thus so staying within the "no alcohol allowed".

If his parents are old or in the at risk group they've been told to stay inside for 4 months, which will mean he has to aswell

Think I saw somewhere that the at-risk group are allowed out now

Soooo. Think time I've mixed like a half ounce (maybe up to AN ounce, I didn't measure it) with 8 or 9 ounces of Coke Zero. It still tastes like I'm sucking an alcohol wipe but at least it's not having a violent emetic effect like when I tried to drink it straight* so yah.
It DOES say "70% ethanol" so I know that a) it's 140 proof and b) it contains ethyl alcohol so am I right in thinking it's relatively safe and won't cause blindness or renal damage? Because I drank 20oz of hand santiser made from isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol )while in hospital once and I had to have dialysis.
The label is extremely vague, so I'm wondering what impurities are in it? Must be something to make it so gag-inducingly THICK, right? Also, can I be sure it's not denatured? That fact that I'm mildly inebriated means it isn't denatured, right?

*should have known that was a bad idea, since when do I do ANYTHING straight ;)

Although it's not a good idea to be consuming hand sanitiser, the fact it contains ethanol rather than methanol or isopropanol has got to be good. The other ingredients are likely to be gelling agents, moisturisers such as aloe vera and possibly denatonium benzoate (bitrex). Although not inherently toxic, they may cause some stomach upset and/or nausea.

Can't you just sneak out to the late shop when your folks are in bed and get some good ol' wholesome vodka..?

It's Corona-times!😎
And I got some 75% ethanol Hand Sanitizer with Glycerin, 0% perfume/color, tried putting some in my coffee as a kind of "Jack Ass challenge" with this dude I met, and I have to tell you: it works, very similar to like moonshine in the flavour.
Not the best or the tastiest but it's not impossible to drink, but to be honest, if you live in a country with cheap alcohol available go for that instead!

Also watch out for anything thats not "ethanol", isopropyl, or methanol or other shady versions of alcohol are toxic and and they can kill you! Also most ethanol based ones are "denatured" so they will taste like shit and make you puke!

Stay safe!
❤️

If you're stuck there a long time you can make crappy wine with fruit juice, sugar, and yeast. Takes a couple weeks and will taste like crap, but nowhere as bad as hand sanitizer.
It won't taste like crap if you know what your doing! The most important thing is hygiene and making sure you prevent https://www.thefreedictionary.com/oxidation . (otherwise you get vinegar not wine).

Last edited:
Your allowednto exercise with one person from your bubble and allowed to go to shops. Fuck thesanitiser off and do what everyone else said.