• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (BUTALBITAL) Can I get this stupid caffeine out of these?

droptable69

Greenlighter
So SWIM likey opiates and opioids, and swim likely barbiturates and benzos, not as much as the opiates but definitely suitable :).(I know benzos are barbituates but a little different than most I think?) So SWIM fucking HATES caffeine, it makes SWIM feel groggy, and sleepy maybe because SWIM has adhd? I just want pure barbiturates, I'm even okay with the Tylenol, I just want the caffeine out. The exact pill is linked below.
West-ward 787

Also if someone could explain the difference between traditional barbiturates and benzos?

NOTE TO ALL WHO READ THE TITLE ONLY!!
SWIM does not want to get the caffeine out of the pill for the caffeine, SWIM wants it out so he can have the barb without the caffeine because SWIM hates caffeine.

Thanks to all responders :)

Last edited:
We don't SWIM here friend.

And the answer is no, seperation is not possible with kitchen equipment.

Benzodiazepines aren't barbiturates either. They are two totally different classes of drugs with similar, but not identical, effects. Barbiturates are less potent by weight but they have a lot smaller therapeutic index (*e.g. a deadly overdose is way easier on barbiturates)

They are fine if you take two or three, but if you try to get fucked up on them, the caffeine will cause overwhelmingly negative effects.

We don't SWIM here friend.

And the answer is no, seperation is not possible with kitchen equipment.

Benzodiazepines aren't barbiturates either. They are two totally different classes of drugs with similar, but not identical, effects. Barbiturates are less potent by weight but they have a lot smaller therapeutic index (*e.g. a deadly overdose is way easier on barbiturates)
Are you sure of that? and thanks mate I'm new lol. And cmon there has to be something caffeine's soluble.

They are fine if you take two or three, but if you try to get fucked up on them, the caffeine will cause overwhelmingly negative effects.
Well the desired effect is getting fucked up :x. Do you know any extraction methods?

I agree, I simply don't understood the point of making a sedative tablet/pill w/ stims added. It just seems to defeat the point.

Last edited:
Extraction would require dry solvents you very, very likely can't get your hands on nor would you be able to take simple retail solvents and properly dry and purify them before use. Then you need hundreds of dollars of lab equipment and a proper evap hood, a kitchen oven good does not suffice. Doing this at home with all that equipment even with the knowledge, I wouldn't try, not for a barb now if it were a Kg Desoxyn, Midazolam, or morphine, in bulk but cut with less than 25% caffeine... Then I'd reconsider....

Just trade it away, better yet - fush them and find some real downers. They are everywhere, just search.

Extraction would require dry solvents you very, very likely can't get your hands on nor would you be able to take simple retail solvents and properly dry and purify them before use. Then you need hundreds of dollars of lab equipment and a proper evap hood, a kitchen oven good does not suffice. Doing this at home with all that equipment even with the knowledge, I wouldn't try, not for a barb now if it were a Kg Desoxyn, Midazolam, or morphine, in bulk but cut with less than 25% caffeine... Then I'd reconsider....

Just trade it away, better yet - fush them and find some real downers. They are everywhere, just search.
Since my "friend" is dope sick on H he's trying to get some relief...

By the way, I think you're wrong? There's aprox 6x the amount of butalbital in this pill than caffeine and the solubility rate for butalbital is way lower and you barely lose any. Am I wrong?

Butalbial's water solubility rate - 1700 mg/L

Last edited:
Well the desired effect is getting fucked up :x. Do you know any extraction methods?

Well, save them for a time when only a nice, mellow buzz is the effect you are looking for. This question has been asked multitudes of times here and the answer is that what would be needed to remove the caffeine would be tools and skills that are likely well out of your grasp at this time.

The caffeine is in there as a vasoconstrictor to help in the treatment of headaches which is what the Fiorecet/Fiorinal tablets are meant for. It also (supposedly) helps potentiate the effects of the acetaminophen in the mixture.

Unfortunately, as a headache sufferer, all the bloody things do for me is knock me out for a couple of hours, after which I wake up woozy, and with headache still there in full force. Blah!

Not only that, the butalbital is apparently so addictive, and so abused, that you can't get more than 3 of the tablets RXed per week by most health care professionals.

I used to abuse fiorcet and I tell you it is NOT, I repeat, NOT, a road you want to go down. I was prescribed them by the handful for my migraines and I would take them four at a time to achieve a nice buzz and I would get a raging rebound headache shortly after comedown. DO NOT RECOMMEND! I knew how to remove the Tylenol from them but not the caffeine. Sorry...

I am prescriped Fiorcet for migraines but also have SERIOUS insominia, so I try to avoid caffeine. My doctor prescribes the butalibtal/acept. and a codeine pill separate. This way I can have the effects of Fiorcet less the caffeine.....

even if you get the caffeine out, butalbital is a fucking shitty barbiturate, ain't no changin that.

I agree, I simply don't understood the point of making a sedative tablet/pill w/ stims added. It just seems to defeat the point.

It's often prescribed for migraines, which caffeine can help with. Its also probably in there to limit abuse potential.