• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine + Nutella = Oral buprenorphine unlocked? (a different way to take bupe???)

ryax

Bluelighter
I dont know how or why i stumbled upon this study ,
where they give Nutella and Buprenorphine to rats. And it works. for the rats lol

They even sell the individual medical nutella paste .

Any medical pharmacological people wanna explain whats going on in these studies?
Is it just to mask the flavor?

Last edited:
Hmm..

Well it does say it's an anti-bittering agent, since the mice refuse to self medicate with bitter tasting drugs (really, I mean, something that prolly spends it's life chewing wood doesn't want that extra hit of a crack unless that shit tastes good?)

Anyway, from my understanding, I thought buprenorphine didn't even work orally. So maybe some one with better expertise will chime in.

Several studies have shown that buprenorphine administered in a sticky nut paste (Nutella®), voluntarily ingested by laboratory rats and mice, is an effective analgesic strategy, with reduced stress and lower corticosterone levels in blood and faeces48, and higher and prolonged buprenorphine concentrations in serum, when compared with traditional parenteral administration regimens

Buprenorphine works just fine orally, it's just more effective sublingually (as most drugs are). They make bupe pills which are designed to be taken orally, and can also be dissolved and held in the mouth. They work either way, there is just somewhat higher bioavailability when taken sublingually.

Buprenorphine works just fine orally, it's just more effective sublingually (as most drugs are). They make bupe pills which are designed to be taken orally, and can also be dissolved and held in the mouth. They work either way, there is just somewhat higher bioavailability when taken sublingually.

Wouldn't taking it orally also cause higher norbuprenorphine concentrations?

I swear I read in another post on here (an old one) where folks were discussing how to 'feel' norbuprenorphine and one person pointed out that bupe taken orally would result in more, but of course I don't know many people who get totally ripped off eating their buprenorphine.

I would think intranasal, rectal and IV would be the best ways to take bupe.

I still see conflicting literature as to whether norbuprenorphine is even active at all. They say bupe has no respiratory depression whatsoever, but I have been high on buprenorphine and definitely felt decreased respiration. The literature says norbuprenorphine causes the respiratory depression, yet also says it's not active.

Still can't understand what ingredient in nutella would cause "higher and prolonged buprenorphine concentrations in serum" as ryax metioned.

I am going to have to experiment now. lol

It IS better to take bupe sublingually, but my point was only that it absolutely does work orally even without making special accommodations for absorption or anything.

I also have no idea how nutella would cause greater concentrations of buprenorphine. If it does, perhaps it's something in hazelnuts.

It IS better to take bupe sublingually, but my point was only that it absolutely does work orally even without making special accommodations for absorption or anything.

I also have no idea how nutella would cause greater concentrations of buprenorphine. If it does, perhaps it's something in hazelnuts.
Ah okay. Gotchya.

Yeah I mean, I knew bupe was active orally, just had shitty bioavailability and wouldn't be worth it.
Strange that nutella would do anything, but maybe you're onto something with the hazelnuts.

If I get my hands on some nutella, I will eat some bupe laced & see what happens, for 'science'.

Well I have no idea if nutella would work, seems odd, but if it does have some effect, then I would guess it's something in hazelnuts.

Very odd!!

Interesting though nonetheless. Buprenorphine is a very interesting medicine with very complex pharmacology.

approximately how long would you say after dosing oral bupreorphine will the effects be felt? 45 min?

i want to try it someday.

A little longer than sublingual. Oral isn't that much different than sublingual except it takes a little longer to kick in and is less potent, generally. That also depends on the substance.

I must be living in a cave, designed to be taken orally? I hope you didn't mean like to swallow, but then again you did?
I don't mean to disrespect but they are designed oral like dissolve sublingual or buccal, cause swallowing would ruin your diggestive track not to mention liver failure.
Never heard or saw online and I was a med-teh so I know what's in pharmacies and which meds get approved in EU but again that's public data.

I saw or heard that with nutella arround or any gelly-sticky type and from some opinions can remember one that come to mind like: cause of slower passing metabolism, like the evidence is only nutella will cause constipation without bupe and it would shield bupe's water solubility pill, like coater in some other pills, then more of the bupe would pass first pass metablism hence the better absorbtion, if that makes sense?

I have never heard of bupe ruining your digestive tract or causing liver damage. I mean they make pills that are designed for oral use. They also make sublingual pills, and of course the strips. Even when I've had oral pills, I've still let them dissolve in my mouth and taken them sublingually, because it just works better. oral bioavailability is pretty low but if you have any evidence/studies of it causing liver or digestive damage when taken orally (as opposed to sublingual/etc), it's news to me, and please pass it along, as I would like to be informed. Everything I can find just says that it's only really prescribed for sublingual or buccal now simply because first-pass metabolism renders it very poorly bioavailable taken orally.

Which pills are made to be swallowed?
I will send you some evidence not now cause don't have time but if you have just use web browser and I never heard of nor saw buprenorphine for swallowing
Think what would be the point of how many years back to not make people suffer putting it sublingual or....

Maybe none of them were ever meant to be taken orally... however I also don't see anything suggesting it will do anything worse than waste it.

by the way if anyone wanted to know the ratio of nutella to bupe that they use
(and after triple checking, yes, its definitely oral ingestion, not ust allowing the nutella and bupe to sit on gums. )
is
0.2 buprenorphine to every 0.4 mg of nutella
i assume that using more nutella will not hurt
but using less would diminish the capabilities of it to enhance bioavailability

Which pills are made to be swallowed?
I will send you some evidence not now cause don't have time but if you have just use web browser and I never heard of nor saw buprenorphine for swallowing
Think what would be the point of how many years back to not make people suffer putting it sublingual or....
none of the pills are made to be swallowed, you can only combine them with nutella to actually make them work. sorta like how edible weed doesn't work without binding it to a fat or oil

oral ingestion of pills buprenorphine bioavailability is very low (however, bupe is a very strong drug... so always be safe in your experiments if you are going to try this)

lastly, some people have had success with buprenorphine oral ingestion alone with no nutella! (if you do deep research youll eventually find that some people do have success with oral bupe)

with nutella, however, showed efficacy closer to sublingual .

lastly, theres more articles on this now, so its definitely real. they even sell the hazelnut paste called medi-paste or something

Last edited:
excerpt
When preparing the buprenorphine–Nutella® mixture, preparing a batch that can be used for several animals is recommended, since mixing small amounts of the mixture may be difficult. The possible degradation of buprenorphine in the nut paste has not been investigated, but in our experience, the batch can be kept in a refrigerator at 4°C for up to a week. Buprenorphine in tablet form should be used (sublingual tablets 0.2 or 0.4 mg). A tablet is crushed to a fine powder, and thoroughly mixed in the nut paste to a suitable concentration of buprenorphine–Nutella® mix, depending on the dose of buprenorphine to be administered. The somewhat bitter taste of buprenorphine did not affect the willingness to ingest the mixture of neither rats nor mice, when offered in concentrations of 0.2–0.4 mg/g.46,8,9,11

For example, in treating a 250 g rat with 0.4 mg/kg BW buprenorphine (in 0.2 mg/g nut paste), the rat should be provided with 0.4 × 0.25/0.2 = 0.5 g of the buprenorphine–Nutella® mixture.

A recent study of mice indicates that approximately 1.0 mg/kg BW buprenorphine is suitable8. Thus, treating a 25 g mouse with 1.0 mg/kg BW calls for 1.0 × 0.025/0.2 = 125 mg of the buprenorphine–nut paste mixture.