• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids (Buprenorphine) IN method to minimize nasal congestion

Lechium

Bluelighter
Hey, so I recently got back on bupe and down to about 1-1.5mg...unfortunately my nose gets fucking wrecked from anything over .5mg a day. I really cant handle it anymore taking it IN, but have a limited supply so I dont want to waste taking it SL and PR just never worked well...plus i like the little pseudohigh i get from IN admin. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone knew any methods to of taking it IN without causing so much congestion. I think I may have come up with one, but wanted to see if anyone has tried this:
Basically crush and dissolve the bupe in a mL of distilled water or saline and prep an IV shot with a syringe through a cotton (not buying micro filters otherwise id just slam it) and then just squirt the shot out into a little clean spoon or whatever and snort the water...theory being that id filter out some of the fillers drawing it up through the cotton...thoughts?
Trying to taper down so this wont be an issue but it will take a few weeks for sure. Miss the days i could IN .5, .375, or even .25 and be high as a kite all day heh...thanks black and my dumbass for doing it and taking that away from myself. Sucks i actually like the high from bupe so much more than dope...

Also wondering what you guys think of dissolving the strips to snort IN- seems like bioavailability is mot as high as snorting the pills. For those that are curious I have a few subutex left, couple suboxones, and a good number of strips I just got that I will use SL if my nose get totally ahut down...its pretty bad though- constant mouth breathing and sinus congestion caused me to have sensitive teeth now- I can barely brush them.

Basically crush and dissolve the bupe in a mL of distilled water or saline and prep an IV shot with a syringe through a cotton (not buying micro filters otherwise id just slam it) and then just squirt the shot out into a little clean spoon or whatever and snort the water...theory being that id filter out some of the fillers drawing it up through the cotton...thoughts?

I did a bupe taper once, and this is basically what i did, but with the suboxone strips.
I dissolved it in water and squirted it up my nostril with a 1mL syringe (luer lock without a needle on it).
It worked pretty well, from memory.

I think i also added a tiny tiny amount of alcohol (vodka iirc) to the solution to prevent bacterial growth and possibly enhanced the BA, as alcohol supposedly does for bupe (?).

It can't hurt to try that way - just keep the volumes of water used as minimal as possible, and be careful about how you administer it into your nose; do it gently so it kinda lodges there rather than running down your throat.

Oxymetazoline should help with the congestion beforehand. A little salt will also help a bit, like 0.95%NaCl that's in saline nasal spray, not very much. Pure water seems to contribute to congestion whereas mild saline has some tonicity and will be better at achieving an isotonic balance.

Tx u for the suggestions...i have plenty of needless syringes but feel like squirting it up using that would shoot it too hard and just cause it to drip down mostly...it worked well for you? I heard a bit of alch will cause bupe to be absored better SL but not sure if its good for IN since it seems like it would sting and cause dryness which may make things worse.

I also have a navage i rigged and do nasal irrigation daily with a distilled water+saline mix...nose still hates me and its caused such bad teeth sensitivity im worried my enamel is getting wrecked from such prolonged congestion (read a research study that showed mouth breathing while sleeping lowers PH to about 3.5ish from nornal 7.7 or so which is well below the ph that enamel starts to be destroyed (5.5ish i think it was)). Anyway, obviously, the most logical thing to do would be to take it SL and let nose heal but funny thing is that snorting it (after it kicks in) actually clears the nose pretty well for most of the day till it starts wearing off at night or i take substances (weed, booze, benzos, etc) that vasodialate...i use afrin in case of emergencies but that shit will get you into serious nasal problems quick with prolonged use as it causes such bad rebound congestion.

I tired dissolving the strips and INing them but noticed the effects seemed highly diminished vs crushed pill. I still havent tried the dissolve and filter method i mentioned in original post (im afraid it wont work as well or i may lose some bupe along with the fillers) but if it gets rid of most the fillers with only partial bupe loss than im all for it.

So i guess now the question is whether the fillers are also water soluable or are they not and will get filtered out through the little cotton ball...i was just thinking since its a pill meant for SL admin then the fillers are prob water soluable too so it may just be all for naught...unless just having it in an aqueous solution vs dry crushed powder will make a difference in how fast or easily it is absorbed or cleaned out of the membranes. Im guessing there probably arent many people that know enough about the pharmocodynamics/kinetics of bupe to be able to really answer this question, but maybe someone out there has tried dissolving the pills in water and then snorting the solution and can chime in on if it works as well or causes any less congestion. Tx!

You could try to extract the pills with isopropanol or acetone and evaporate the combined extracts on a plate. This will leave you with a fine powder, which is much better for nasal administration.
It's possible to use a solution with water, e.g. in a nasal spray, but if the concentration isn't high enough, or it just runs down your throat.