• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Buprenorphine horrible brand.

I actually quite liked the Sun Pharms "970" imprint bupe... I'd take those over those rotten strips any fuckin' day. That being said, you are not the first person I've heard say this. Is it placebo? Is it just the composition of the pill itself? Is it a legitimate discrepancy in dosage? Who knows. We all know generics are supposed to be within an 80% to 125% Cmax absorbtion rate, but I know I've had generics I thought were absolute dogshit. ("Stinky pinky" and other strength Core Pharmaceuticals Adderall IR, I'm looking at you.) Keep it under your tongue longer and don't spit, or if you HAVE to, intranasal, though for recovery and maintenance sake, that should be avoided at all costs just like injecting.
 
Last edited:
^ I would also take them over the strips.

Pill composition mixed with placebo is where my money is. The fact they weigh like twice as much as the hexagons is a bad sign already. Rule of thumb --- less binders : active ingredient the better.

Im not against nasal usage either -- may be safer overall when you consider the tooth damage actually. Of course if this kinda thing triggers you to relapse dont do it...
 
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the strips are definitely NOT the only ones that'll rot your teeth. Much to my dismay and unpleasant surprise, the tablets are just as harmful as the strips, if not more so. According to a few vague Internet sources, a sub dissolved in saliva has roughly the same pH as stomach acid. I was skeptical until I tested a sample from my own mouth with a pH test strip. It seemed to be about halfway between neutral and as acidic as stomach acid judging by the color chart, and there's also the fact that since starting subs (officially and with actual therapeutic dosages) in late 2020 my upper teeth were mostly gone by 2024. I have 1 still clinging on lol and I wish it'd just go so that I don't look like a crackhead.

The pharma companies knew about the issue, I believe it's the orange-ish flavoring they add. Note that (unverified but makes sense) Subutex (buprenorphine with no naloxone and traditionally no added flavoring) is supposed to be pH neutral. I've raised the issue with my doc, he promised to read up on it and have a conversation about possibly switching to subutex. Contrary to popular opinion, there's no law or regulation saying only pregnant women can receive that particular medication, just a heightened risk of abuse and diversion.
 
Top