• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Bugs under my skin after a shot of meth. Bad batch?

Xa>:|

Greenlighter
Hi.

Two days ago I did a small shot of meth. The quality seemed good. I only took that one shot, and I hadn't done any before it. After about two hours after the shot, I started noticing the regular prickling sensation of meth in the skin on my face, but as I looked in the mirror I saw tiny black bugs crawling on a few places on my face, namely behind the ears and under my chin!

I was ofcourse scared as hell and creeped out, and were in the thoughts of passing it of as meth psychosis. But... They appeared after only two hours, and I hadn't been sleep deprived or anything.

Well I figured it was just a very strong batch, that was able to induce psychosis after just two hours but... I immediately popped two Xanax bars to end the meth high, waited a few hours. As i waited i started seeing them all over my body, and they were itching like hell! Wasn't able to calm down, so i popped thee Seroquels, and fell asleep after a while.

But to the scary part... I still now, two days after not taking any meth and sleeping normally, see them all over me! They are barely even a milimeter in size, and they itch like hell. They don't seem to bite though.

So I'm thinking this batch of meth had these parasites living in it, and now I'm infested with them. As I injected it, they settled in my body. I don't have any health insurance, so I won't go to the doctor just yet. Was first going to ask what kind of bugs they can be? Scabies aren't visible, as I'm told. What other parasites are there, and how are they treatable?

Thanks in advance. Would really appreciate some answers, as these bugs living on and under my skin is a fucking disgusting thought,

Your still in psychosis, there was no infestation of bugs on your meth and these are classic symptoms of psychosis. Think about it, how can bugs tiny enough to be drawn into your syringe grow to full size in two hours? Psychosis can last up to days... even months in some cases. Lay off the drugs, maintain a proper sleep schedule, and follow a good diet. These "bugs" will go away, see a doctor if things continue to get worse.

Your still in psychosis, there was no infestation of bugs on your meth and these are classic symptoms of psychosis. Think about it, how can bugs tiny enough to be drawn into your syringe grow to full size in two hours? Psychosis can last up to days... even months in some cases. Lay off the drugs, maintain a proper sleep schedule, and follow a good diet. These "bugs" will go away, see a doctor if things continue to get worse.

If I'd been awake two-three days I'd agree with you... When I take meth, on about the third day I get psychotic. Not after just one shot. And I've never seen these bugs before. I have taken Seroquel throughout the day aswell. So it can't be a psychosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_louse This seems like a possibility.

Could be lice, or fleas. Although fleas are extremely rare on people.

But since you didn't notice til on meth, I doubt they were there before you took meth. Therefore I suggest you lay off the meth dude.

But assuming they're not real, that's fucking terrifying.
I've had the feeling of bugs literally being under my skin crawling around eating me alive during heroin withdrawal, but never actually saw them.

Of course on diphenhydramine I've been covered on very visible spiders and other bugs-- so yeah I know how fucking horrifying that is.

I remember the first time I smoked meth I was fine until I popped a handful of ativan and I genuinely believed my toes and dick were falling off. I actually saw my flesh all cut up and tangling off my bone and went to a walk in clinic and a saw a doctor, and as soon as I did, my toes appeared normal!

I assume something similar is happening to you.

I was only 14 BTW.

When I took meth, I was convinced that I had lost the ability to sleep. That I would never sleep again. Seriously, this drug fucks you up. The bugs are just a result of psycosis.

Yeah this honestly sounds like psychosis to me.. like CK said, how is it possible that parasites so little that you didn't even see them at first and that could pass through the needle grew to full grown insects under your skin in a few hours?
Can you post a pic? If you're really concerned I'd see a doctor because if this is true it's definitely some serious shit man.

Last edited:
YOU HAVE PSYCHOSIS. Accept this because it's the truth. You can get it after just one shot if a)your genetically inclined to it and b)if your a regular user, doesn't have to be daily.

i had a similar experience after a 4 day mephedrone binge and tiny nematode worms creeping in my periphery.

you need less drugs and more sleep.

Last edited:
From experience with fam members who have been past addicted and then stopped, it makes people crazy. I only did that shit once and luckily I hated it got too sick on the comedown and will never do it again. But my mom used to do it daily then stopped, she won't admit it, but my little bro told me and a doctor report I've seen of hers that talked about meth in her system. I know she doesn't do any now and is too bat shit crazy plus she is on social security and her parents which I live with handle her money cause she's too crazy too (and they're so straight laced they don't even allow 1 beer in their house). It's been years and she still is convinced people put glue in her hair and poison in her food, when I call her up she tells me how children ride down the streets with deamon faces and only she can see her true form and she tries to take pictures of it to show people but it doesn't show up in pictures and how deacons hold her down with chains to the bed sometimes and she can't move. It's sad, that shit took a great mom that took me to France, is college educated and used to be a therapist of all things and made her into someone I can't even recognize. Even if you're not on it you still can go crazy temporarily or permanently. Maybe try to take a pic of the bugs and post it here and well see if we can see it, and if we can't you'll realize you just need to sleep more and clean up for a while. Sounds bias but I really hate that drug mostly cause what I've seen it do first hand, and if you're showing signs of going crazy I'd stop for good, or you could end up like my mom all perma fried and crazy. Just be careful.

Space_Kitten, that's so sad. I'm so sorry about your mom.

To the OP: try asking someone who's not on meth if they can see the bugs. I'm sure it's meth psychosis.

You don't need to be sleep deprived to experience psychosis from meth.

OP, if I were you I would avoid methamphetamine in future. Things can get far crazier if you let them.

Some think they have the bugs, some don’t.
I don’t that it’s psychosis tho as I’ve seen people force themselves to stop doing it because it looks unsligjtly.

It itch on opiates and have to make myself stop or I’ll stretch my arms raw.