• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids BROKEN NEEDLE IN SKIN

Anybody ever look at the post- mortem pictures of Howard Hughes? After he lost his aeronautical empire he went downhill pretty fast and started shooting all kinds of stuff. He had either 17 or 19 needles in his body when they x-rayed him after he died. The pathologist said some of them had been in there for years.
Yes I have! He broke so many rigs off in his arm! Some were there for 20-30 years that’s why I actually never went to the hospital… it was Howard Hughes dead body x ray that kept me at ease all these years… interesting thread keep us posted on what happens

Of course, he died, so... maybe don't use him as a role model!

Anybody ever look at the post- mortem pictures of Howard Hughes? After he lost his aeronautical empire he went downhill pretty fast and started shooting all kinds of stuff. He had either 17 or 19 needles in his body when they x-rayed him after he died. The pathologist said some of them had been in there for years.
money sometimes is a curse and this is a clear case of that

This is a good reminder everyone should remember, if in the US.. Urgent care over ER! You’ll get better treatment at a fraction of the cost.

-GC

Has this been your experience typically with urgent care over emergency rooms? I've had the exact opposite coincidentally. I go to urgent care hoping for faster service and cheaper costs and it typically backfires on me. They always refer to me to the ER saying they can't handle whatever my need is...and then the worst is when they try to force me to take an ambulance at $1,000+ a pop or sign AMA paperwork and then would watch me to make sure I had someone pick me up and didn't drive away myself. I avoid urgent cares at all costs unless I need something simple like antibiotics for the flu or something benign.

I had one break off in my wrist yrs ago and after that I was sure I was gonna die. Turns out I went to rehab after about 7months and finally wanted to address it. I got an ok to go to ER and I explained what happened. They said it wasn’t a big deal. It wouldn’t move far. They took an e ray and it had already slide about a foot or so to my elbow. They said since my elbow is a bend it woulent keep moving. They said to remove it now would require a major surgery bc now that vein was in the middle of my arm. I haven’t really thought about it in yrs. that was 2017 I’d say. I’ve since had a heart attack and heart transplant

This is a good reminder everyone should remember, if in the US.. Urgent care over ER! You’ll get better treatment at a fraction of the cost.

-GC
Most urgent care will NOT PERFORM invasive surgery. They will refer you to the ER.

Sure they close minor lacs, but no Urgent care I've ever been to will open you up to dig a needle out of a vein.

Wow. This thread frightens me to read . About 6 years ago I was living kinda rough in New Orleans and I ran out of works when I had one last shot. There was no way I was wasting in as at the time I didn’t much care if I lived or died. So I took the best looking pin and somehow found a vein in my wrist and it broke off and disappeared. Then I found another only slightly used one to finish the job. Lol.
A few ppl told me to go to the ER but I was afraid of what they’d do. Cut my arm open. So I ignored it convinced I’d be dead soon anyway. But days went by and I didn’t die , but I did lose all sources of income , and I sure wasn’t trying to do anything illegal in that backwater city. So luckily I got a bed lined up at a rehab , borrowed money for airfare , then borrowed money for a Uber to the airport and walked from Philadelphia airport about 20 miles to a relatives house. After about 2 more weeks of constant anxiety I finally told the doctors at the rehab I needed to get to hospital to check arm. Not surprisingly another guy was in exact same situation. So it’s surgical steel so it’s not magnetic. It’ll never rust. The said it probably won’t move much.
Surprisingly it had already moved about 9 inches up my vein to my elbow. Doctors assured me it wouldn’t move any higher bc my elbow was always bending. Pretty sure they just wanted to get my junky ass out of there , but they said if I wanted to schedule a surgery I could , but I wanted to finish rehab first. Then I kinda forgot about it. Since then I had a heart attack, then a heart transplant. Really wondering if anything related to needles, but I didn’t want to keep going on about my needle days. As I almost was refused a transplant to begin with and my newly married wife was the only thing that got me through the screening process . So that’s my story. I wouldn’t worry to much if you’re still shooting dope, bc nowadays it’s fent, zenes, tranq, and god nows. If you have insurance and are clean, maybe get it looked at? I doubt it’ll kill you tho.