• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Breathing feels slowed on kratom

Mch1

Bluelighter
On kratom right now. When i close my eyes and start to doze, my breathing feels considerably slowed. Like I don't breath until I feel like I absolutely have to. Is this something I need to be concerned about, or can I go to sleep? Thanks

Kratom does not cause any respiratory depression however it's unknown/questionable if it potentiates other drugs which do.

Are you on any other drugs/meds right now? If not I wouldn't worry about it, probably just overthinking.

Kratom does not cause any respiratory depression however it's unknown/questionable if it potentiates other drugs which might.

Are you on any other drugs/meds right now?
I don't think so, the only things I've taken recently was an edible yesterday and phenibut the day before that.

You're fine bro. How much kratom did you take?

Kratom can make you nod but it's also stimulating and you might have trouble getting to sleep.

You're fine bro. How much kratom did you take?

Kratom can make you nod but it's also stimulating and you might have trouble getting to sleep.
Somewhere between 3.9 and 4Gs. I have a slight sore throat from acid reflux, so I'm think what might be happening is I'm subconsciously trying to breathe less to avoid the discomfort and effort of irritating my throat.

Somewhere between 3.9 and 4Gs. I have a slight sore throat from acid reflux, so I'm think what might be happening is I'm subconsciously trying to breathe less to avoid the discomfort and effort of irritating my throat.
ah, heartburn sucks man

You're totally fine, though. I used to eat 20g+ for breakfast.

If you are using it and Phenibut at the same time... You could be experiencing some resp. slowing. Think about how both substances act on your brain. Combined? There is the potential. On it's own, of the MANY Kratom users I know, 3 have said they experience resp. depression on high doses. You might be one of those people.