• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

bottled water is bullshit

Whats next bottled air? Oh wait we already have those trendy hip oxygen bars... Its fucking water bottled, glacial, spring, treated, or re-treated it does the same thing. I'd like to see Masaru Emoto do a study on the vibrance of the water crystals of bottled water, just sit in a relaxed pose and use the power of your brain to restructure the build of the water that lays before you. I will this water to be fresh as the mountain waterfall it came from.

Crystal elixers [i.e. water with crystals or stones dropped into them] can be surprisingly tasty. The mind is a wonderful world to travel just be careful of trap doors, chutes, and latters... :)

Peace

i live in the third world and we cant drink tap water where i live cuz there are all kinda bacteria and shit in tap water. bottled water is safer and healthy, i think theres nothing wrong with this.

bagochina said:
Whats next bottled air?

perriair.jpg

bagochina said:
Whats next bottled air? Oh wait we already have those trendy hip oxygen bars... Its fucking water bottled, glacial, spring, treated, or re-treated it does the same thing. I'd like to see Masaru Emoto do a study on the vibrance of the water crystals of bottled water, just sit in a relaxed pose and use the power of your brain to restructure the build of the water that lays before you. I will this water to be fresh as the mountain waterfall it came from.

Crystal elixers [i.e. water with crystals or stones dropped into them] can be surprisingly tasty. The mind is a wonderful world to travel just be careful of trap doors, chutes, and latters... :)

Peace

lol @ that and Finder's retarded reference

I get Crystal Geyser sparkling water in the blue bottles (http://www.crystalgeyser.com/smw/cgw_smw.html)

They have lime, lemon, and tangerine flavored varieties with NO aspartame. I hate all those sparkling waters that are sweetened with artificial sweeteners.

Do I LOOK like I want a bottle of extremely sweet water? No. Jesus christ, I don't need every ounce of liquid I ingest to be VERY sweet, thank you very much.

That's why I get the crystal geyser - no sweetener, just sparkling water with "a hint of flavor."

If you care about your health you would not drink tap water, unless maybe you live in Switzerland, even then.....

Drinking water should not contain chlorine or fluoride, these are poisonous chemicals that cause disease. (fluoride is ONLY good for your teeth, very bad for the rest of your body)

This goes for showering as well, someone suggested installing a shower filter and this is one of the best things you can do for your body.

Also surprisingly, Sydney tap water is some of the most impure in the world.

^ Considering most my showers use up over 20 gal (2 gallons per minute), a filter works for up to 100 gal, and a replacement filter is $25.00... I don't find your plan economically feasible. When you come up with a way for us to shower without having to change a filter every week let me know.

fuiji water is def something to purchase but other than that its wack how people are making so much money on bottled water

not really on topic, but its interesting how fine a line it is between being to careful and not careful enough.

you seal yourself off from bacteria and your body doesn't learn how to deal with it, when some gets through, which it will, your body can't handle it.

however surrounding yourself in filth will definitely take a tole on the body.

on topic, i live on well water. its hard water, and gives my dandruff if i don't use the right shampoo and conditioner. obviously its doing something to my body. but i drink it from the tap. there's no chlorine taste to it, but i never noticed a chlorine taste when i was on city water either here in florida. could be that i was used to it though.

doesn't make sense to buy all of your drinking water though when you can get a water purification system for your house. you can either spend 100 bucks on a good water filter, or you can buy water for the rest of your life. i can tell you that the water plants that put out any of the brands you buy aren't as clean as you think they are. they're in it to make money, and that doesn't mean throwing away a batch of water because its not "pure" for whatever reason.

AmorRoark said:
Chicago city water FTW! Seriously. It's way better than any other tap water system I've tasted and to think it comes from Lake Michigan.

Amen.

3 things...

1: don't buy the cheap water, it is gross, on occasion, it will have a plastic taste...it leaves this awful coating in your mouth

2: i have a fridge with a filter in the water dispenser, so it is always cold, don't have to bother with the brita thing anymore, so it is fabulous

3: evian is naive backwards

:D

anything is better than miami/dade county water. something about water that has been used for human waste and then 'treated' [i work just a few blocks from the dade county water treatment plant] and 'clean ed' doesn't sit right with me.

I definately buy bottled water. mostly publix brand, or zerpherhills when it's on sale. usually the cheapest.

jeah said:
except for fiji. 2nd opinions?

Grrr. This brand pisses me off, their advertising slogan is 'what eco system does you water come from'. They are trying to use environmentalism to hock their product but would never mention the HUGE problem caused by bottled water, in terms of waste and the obscene ammounts of energy used to manufacture their plastic. If you have the slightest concern for the environment you wouldn't drink bottled bloody water :X

I live in Christchurch, New Zealand and the tap water here is just as good as bottled. They don't even need to put chlorine in it.