• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Book] DMT the Spirit Molecule

popping is right, the pineal is an eye when we are in a fetus and than moves up into our brain when we are being developed.

popping is right, the pineal is an eye when we are in a fetus and than moves up into our brain when we are being developed.

Holy shit, that's fucked up.

That would mean that we first see the womb with our third eye. However, it seems a little ridiculous, this idea that a retina at the center of the brain would still be active in an adult. Don't retinas translate photo sensory input into "electrical signal" or "nerve current" ?

What kind of photo sensory input could be gathered inside the brain, squeezed in between hemispheres? Not much light there.

I dont believe for a second that DMT is anywhere in the body or that is has anything at all to do with why we have consciousness, why we dream, why we have a "soul", and it has nothing to do at all with anything regarding what happens to us when we die.

I'm pretty certain that it's been established empirically that the human body produces DMT in small amounts. The purpose and origin however are still uncertain.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"Dimethyltryptamine or N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a naturally-occurring tryptamine and psychedelic drug, found not only in many plants, but also in trace amounts in the human body where its natural function is undetermined."

DMT is not life and all source of our being. In fact very little is understood about its natural function. We have other "natural drugs" in our brains that appear in much larger amounts and with which we are "constantly tripping". Notably Dopamine and Serotonin.

You cannot claim something written on Wikipedia as a scientific fact, sorry.

True. Wikipedia is in constant change, it's kind of like a democratic community of common knowledge. It can be wrong of course, but then again so can any encyclopedia or study as human history has demonstrated.

In any case, we can never be certain of what is true and real. Facts get disproven all the time.
But certain theories reinforced empirically contain truths in them without being the exact proof. Sometimes you have to trust your intuition and what makes sense to you.

I for myself feel that the studies conducted concerning DMT's presence in the human body were honest.

Sure Strassman was biased in his methods and conclusions, but he did record data nonetheless and conduct somewhat honest experiments.

There is all kinds of nonsense written about DMT on the Wikipedia entry.

Possible, and with time it will be corrected.

Have you not noticed how many people go around stating this stuff like its a solid scientific fact all over the net?

I know. It's terribly irritating and somewhat shocking to see how many people can just "accept" truths that are handed to them and then go on preaching those truths like some sheep. Not enough respect for themselves to actually research these so-called "truths".

I know where you're coming from French. I've seen my share of incoherent hippy acid-casualties that believe they are enlightened but don't make any sense at all and have really only achieved social anxiety disorder.

It gets irritating, awkward and uncomfortable to hear these dumbfucks preach their "Sacred Knowledge" as though it should apply to everyone.

It's not wild speculation. There is DMT in the human brain. Find an empirical source claiming otherwise if you're still convinced. The fact that wikipedia isn't 100% accurate about everything doesn't make it rational to completely discount any information it contains, but it's far from the only online source that discusses this phenomenon. Look for papers about DMT's role as an endogenous sigma-1 agonist; we don't know much about it but we know it's there.

Maybe the studies are fraudulent but this claim CERTAINLY doesn't originate from wikipedia, lol :\

The point? It should be obvious.

I'm mocking people who take this stuff seriously.

Wild speculation from a book & something written on Wikipedia doesnt prove a damn thing.

Let me re-state what I said earlier, perhaps you missed it...

I find it ridiculous that so many people go on & on about this stuff all over the internet. One guy writes a book containing wild speculation and suddenly everyone is so sure that "DMT is life, man!"

Have you not noticed how many people go around stating this stuff like its a solid scientific fact all over the net?

no, i got it the first time you posted it, maybe try posting a few more times though :p

ive noticed it with people i talk to as well as on the net, but it doesnt piss me off as much as it seems to you

one does not need to believe anything, in fact if you really think about it, we don't really understand what goes on in the human brain when we think, therefore what the fuck do any of us really know. Even the most knowledgeable scholar is merely speaking metaphorically when they are describing anything. In a Copenhagen interpretation of quantum physics perspective, life is basically reading off a menu, without ever really tasting the real meal. This is one of the most insane concepts but it's entirely true. Our brains naturally like to stay away from such concepts because our brains basically receive signals, naturally blocking out ones that don't match our already imprinted symbols so that reality can remain thinkable and comparable to space and time. If the majority of the worlds population could understand this we would be taking part in a consciousness revolution. I feel it will happen eventually I just pray I will be around when it does.

So when we talk about something being a so called "truth" we mean that it the most widely accepted idea with the most data behind it to support it, again it's still just an item on the menu of reality, a metaphorical description of something before ever really tasting it or seeing the "true food"

DMT has been found to be naturally occurring in the human body. Its origin, purpose, and the psychoactive effects of endogenous DMT are still very speculative.

I agree with many above posters, declaring something as truth because you read it in a book is very ignorant. ALWAYS go through multiple sources, and ALWAYS look up the other side of the argument. I have read the book, and thoroughly enjoyed it. But to take it as the absolute truth is rubbish. As much as I'd love for it to be true [[A big slap to drug-hating religions and cultures]] it is far from being proven.

the only absolute truth is that it is always NOW and your never NOT YOU, so your existence is the only absolute truth

would you care to enlighten me on your take on the absolute truth, as far as all the knowledge we have aquired over the thousands of years what else can be agreed upon by every single individual without argument. Think about it. what else can other than the fact it is always right now, and your always you....can be described as this "absolute truth" that you seem to be describing metaphorically.

would you care to enlighten me on your take on the absolute truth, as far as all the knowledge we have aquired over the thousands of years what else can be agreed upon by every single individual without argument. Think about it. what else can other than the fact it is always right now, and your always you....can be described as this "absolute truth" that you seem to be describing metaphorically.

In my eyes absolute truth does not exist. There is speculative truth, some more plausible than others. What evidence is there that this is true existence?

I see where your coming from, I do. I'm just having a philosophical day. ;)

I don't believe that is the only parts to an absolute truth, I'm just suggesting that out of all the knowledge we have so far, the most logical thing to call an absolute truth at this moment in time is that we can believe in our existence. But of course logic has loopholes, so I'm not saying the truth ends there whatsoever. But from the belief that all we can truly believe in is our existence, our reality therefore seems to be whatever we ourselves make it, we don't need to accept any single scientific models, theories or what not, reality is then simply a dream, a vision, so therefore this is why i feel dreams are so very important. They are teaching us the power of imagination and visualization.