• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Book] DMT the Spirit Molecule

What kind of photo sensory input could be gathered inside the brain, squeezed in between hemispheres? Not much light there.

The pineal is connected to the visual centre of the brain; whatever lght goes in our eyes also enters the pineal. Thats how it- the gland- can release melatonin in darker sitatuations. Tibetan Darkness Meditation focuses on that; be warned though, if you look that up you will find a lot of nonsense.

pretty sure its been proven there is dmt in the human body in trace amounts, but no proof of its purpose or origen.

The only source for that is the same one that seems to get used everywhere. I've read a few theories:

*DMT is a minor degradation product of either melatonin or serotonin. After all, acetone is also found in the human body.

*DMT has been found, but only because the extraction techniques used in the discovering micro-particles in humans inadvertendtly causes it to exist

*It doesn't exist in the body.

*It is the chemical responsibe for exerything.

One thing I do find odd is that non-one gets this excited about the supposed prescence of 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT in the brain/body. Bufotenine (5-Ho-DMT) is the closest chemical relative to serotonin (5-Ho-T) yet never gets discussed.

Anyhow- French Machine, sceptism is good, but too much is annoying.

PEACE!! :):)

^is this source your refering to "the spirit molecule?" i though (repeat thought :)) that his research was kinda sanctioned because dmt had been discovered in the body previously (whether a degredation product or not). what did you mean by "The only source for that is the same one that seems to get used everywhere"?

I don't believe that is an absolute truth.
Brain in a Vat scenario?

You're still you even if your a brain in a vat. Saying "I do not exist" is a contradiction because you have to exist to have thoughts at all.

We may not know the true nature of our existence but we certainly exist in some way shape or form.

Last edited:
yes the illusion would be so grand we couldn't comprehend it without outside knowledge it seems. Either way our brains are cubicles that we truly will never be able to break, all thoughts just keep leading to lingering insanity, we would never figure it out. That's why for our terms it makes most sense to view our existence as a vision. Life is our movie and we should become the writer, the actor, and the audience all at once, therefore making reality tangible. Our minds naturally keep us away from such an existence because of it's own process of building models for understanding. Holding onto anything but our existence however, contradicts our being. It seems to really grip these concepts you have to lose your so called mind as it operates now, so this is why these concepts are not easily absorbed.

i think we should live our life and stop worrying about what our reason for existence is. we truly will NEVER know so why waste time thinking about it? the reason we will never know is evolution. right now we are just idiots and in a million years if we dont blow ourselves up we will be looking back at us like we were once cavemen.

^that mentality really should carry over into almost all aspects of our lives that bring about anxiety, worry, fear, our brains get a slight cocaine-like rush out of fear and worry, and some of us hardly even notice because we are constantly bombarded with all sorts of news, and opinions and are in an ever constant paranoid-like state. It's really bad in my mom, and she doesn't do any sort of drugs. I'm so tired of seeing people I care about throw their lives away with constant worry, and a defeatist attitude that allow negative things to control their lives so easily. I see soo much fear and worry all over this website, and all around me in the environment we live in, and it's really hard to see because I too was so much like them that I can't help but empathize with them. We just all need to understand how much control we truly have over our lives, our emotions, and our life, and no one else but yourself can truly do as much for you as yourself. That's basically the message I am meaning to get across to people. Because the more people that I can get through to, the closer our world gets to becoming a better place. I apologize to those that feel I am ruining this post, or just don't understand why I can't stay on topic. I just feel i have a lot more important information to share than an opinion about some dmt book. I firmly believe we can free ourselves, and live out the rest of our lives in peace, it doesn't have to be so hard, you don't have to read a 1,000 books, or understand challenging quantum mechanic theories. I hope i am not coming off as too pushy with my ideas, maybe i should join another forum because i know that unless someone wants to hear this stuff, it's a waste of time. I suppose I'm doing this because in my journey with drugs, and all the time I spent reading different articles about chemicals and such ...I just know that all i was truly searching for was a little peace, a little more connection to my world that was more spiritual, and I guess maybe if there's some dude or dudette out their thats searching around this site, and might be looking for the same things, that maybe I can help em out a little.
Peace

^that mentality really should carry over into almost all aspects of our lives that bring about anxiety, worry, fear, our brains get a slight cocaine-like rush out of fear and worry, and some of us hardly even notice because we are constantly bombarded with all sorts of news, and opinions and are in an ever constant paranoid-like state. It's really bad in my mom, and she doesn't do any sort of drugs. I'm so tired of seeing people I care about throw their lives away with constant worry, and a defeatist attitude that allow negative things to control their lives so easily. I see soo much fear and worry all over this website, and all around me in the environment we live in, and it's really hard to see because I too was so much like them that I can't help but empathize with them. We just all need to understand how much control we truly have over our lives, our emotions, and our life, and no one else but yourself can truly do as much for you as yourself. That's basically the message I am meaning to get across to people. Because the more people that I can get through to, the closer our world gets to becoming a better place. I apologize to those that feel I am ruining this post, or just don't understand why I can't stay on topic. I just feel i have a lot more important information to share than an opinion about some dmt book. I firmly believe we can free ourselves, and live out the rest of our lives in peace, it doesn't have to be so hard, you don't have to read a 1,000 books, or understand challenging quantum mechanic theories. I hope i am not coming off as too pushy with my ideas, maybe i should join another forum because i know that unless someone wants to hear this stuff, it's a waste of time. I suppose I'm doing this because in my journey with drugs, and all the time I spent reading different articles about chemicals and such ...I just know that all i was truly searching for was a little peace, a little more connection to my world that was more spiritual, and I guess maybe if there's some dude or dudette out their thats searching around this site, and might be looking for the same things, that maybe I can help em out a little.
Peace

yay for poppin!
I have been reading the posts since like page 2 and I really like your posts. They aren't negative like many other people's.... and I feel like you do think more into things and just have your opinions and good things to say. And I too feel that my obsession with drugs and such is trying to find something more spiritual. I always found that type of stuff very interesting.

And to others who put down everything others say, why can't you guys just let others have their own opinions without putting them down? It's terrible, that's one of the things I hate about this site is all the hate on people cuz you are sooo much smarter... Get over yourselves and just let others speak.

I get it if you don't agree, but you don't have to tell others they're stupid...

idk thanks again poppin.

Great book. I read it when I was just learning about DMT. I liked the research aspect of the book. But I'm skeptical about a lot of what was said.

Last edited:
^ It's good to be sceptical. Strassmann himself wrote in the introduction that his book isn't supposed to be seen as "truth" but as a collection of theories and experiences. It's just that a lots of people in the psychedelic community seem to overlook this fact completely. ;)

^thats a very good point. I've listened to a lot of graham Hancock recently. He is a philosopher and author. He has a lot of videos on YouTube that got me thinking a lot. He is a very interesting individual if you get a chance to check him out.

I trust Strassman less and less these days. I think most of the "Aliens probing me" bollocks was simply down to being in a hospital room with doctors standing around you. I've taken oral DMT countless times and never encountered aliens. Strassmans latest book sounds like a right load of bollocks - trying to say DMT is like the hebrew religion. I don't trust people who take vague statements like "I heard a noise like a fart" and then find a line in the hebrew bible saying "I heard a nose like a fart" and say that means Moses was tripping on DMT.

Last edited:
I actually really dislike the book, in retrospect. It great that Strassman was able to open up psychedelic research again, but with the conclusions and ridiculous hypotheses he came up with, we'd be better without it.

The whole pineal gland thing is silly; he has no evidence (now or then) that DMT is a subsstance from the pineal, or that it even has a purpose in humans.

He also forgot about set and setting. I still cannot understand why he didn't see that the recurrent trip-themes of abduction and experimentation were likely a result of the fact the subjects were in a fucking experiement. Most of the trip-reports mention a benevolent being and some "impartial" observers. Wow Rick- that was you and the nurses, dude!! :D

Friends of mine who read this book said they also did not like it either.