Boo:6 - Randall's Island - New York, NY - October 6, 2001

Randall's Island is a small Island off of Manhattan which connects the Triboro Bridge to Queens and the Bronx. On Randall's Island is Downing Stadium, which is an old, colesseum(sp?) style stadium with concrete steps for seating and a track around the perimeter.... There are many concerts that are held on the field and its adjacent area. The Stadium is U shaped. I've been to one rave there (Circus back in 1995) and several concerts including 2 of the Lollapaloozas and the Tibetan Freedom Concert... For concerts the main stage is set up at the opening of the U... Not sure how this will be set up, but Circus did not have tents, the DJ booth was located up the steps on one side in the middle...The only problem with the venue is that it's a bitch to get to... It is best to drive, but with big events there is always traffic on the FDR getting to the Bridge... I believe that there is also a foot bridge that you can get on and walk from 125 street (I could be wrong, I never walked)... All in all, I think it is a good venue for this type of event, unless it rains and the field will be all muddy...

hey im comin up from the dc area, its my first ny party
any cute girlies wanan meet up?
smile.gif
jk
http://profiles.yahoo.com/jvance69 http://mountainmafia2000.homestead.com
aim-dcjungalo

RICHIE HAWTIN GOES FOR NEW WORLD RECORD IN THE TECHNO HALL OF FAME
DETROIT, Michigan (AP - 9/4/01 - 2:20 a.m.) --
World reknown spinmaster Richie Hawtin is attempting to go where no DJ has gone before.. Techno Immortality.
At press time, Hawtin, who hails from the Windsor / Detroit area, was STILL spinning his remarkable set at City Club, known to locals who usually frequent it as a "goth club". Dropping his first record a little after midnight Sunday night, he and fellow spinster Magda wooed the over-capacity crowd with high intensity beats for more than 10 hours before attendance started to decimate into the morning sunlight of Labor Day. While Magda was only able to keep up for about three hours, Hawtin apparently became robotized and has continued on, despite the 100+ degree heat and lack of an audience.
Manager of City Club, Eugene Goldstein, who insisted this reporter refer to him as "Marvin Manson", said "I left about 6 p.m. today (Monday), and he was still going. I couldn't take it anymore. He even outlasted the Energizers in my fluorescent shoulder Crucifix!" Asked if any patrons were still in the club, Goldstein/Manson said that he had locked the doors about noon after he used a push broom to assist a few stragglers out of the club. "I was ready to listen to some NIN, so I asked (Hawtin) how much longer he planned to play, and he just grunted and continued to push buttons on some funny looking box with a bunch of blinking lights."
A groggy Magda was reached for comment around 1 p.m. today and when told of Hawtin's exploit, Magda said "That muthaf---ahs still going? Damn! I don't know what to tell you. Around 7 a.m., I asked him if he was ready to leave, and he just looked at me and said something like 'All your base are belong to Richie'. And it came out in some kinda weird electronic type of voice, and when I stared hard at him, I could swear I saw those green Matrix characters scrolling by in his eyes." Magda continued to say that when he tried to pull Hawtin away from the booth, his skin felt like some kind of "Plastik", all cold and clammy, and Magda knew then that there was no stopping Hawtin this time.
Around 3:30 p.m. today, 14 year old partygoer Christina Wakefield of Bloomfield was found banging on the doors of City Club trying to get in. Hearing the faint pounding of bass, she asked, "Is that Richie still playing? Man! I can't believe I'm missing this. Why won't they let me in? I just came back to try and find my ring of pacifiers, and I can't believe it's still going on!" Before turning to leave, Wakefield stated, "Please don't print my name 'cause I told my mom and dad I was going out for an all night candle-lit Labor Day vigil sponsored by the Brotherhood of Electrical Iron Workers."
There is no telling how long Hawtin plans to continue his onslaught into DJ immortality. More than a few patrons of the Ramada Inn, which houses City Club, have asked the hotel to accommodate them in another hotel until "that bangity bang bang racket has ceased". Hawtin could not be reached for comment as it is apparent that the minutes on his Pick-Up-And-Go have been exhausted with people leaving voicemail messages. -- Associated Press, all rights reserved.

and I was there...
ahhhh
sweet bliss
I can't wait for him to do it again in two months...(and NOT at Boo6, at his own party)
:)

So let's pretend a Floridian just happened to be in the neighborhood....
Looks like I am going to be in NYC for that weekend...would love to attend this party.
(Falls two days after my b day)
biggrin.gif

Brownie

i still can't wait for this party to happen.... i wish oct. 6th would come faster...
smile.gif
micro and spacegirl are going to be hot... plus everyone else that is going to be there... it is just an awesome line-up, hope to see some familiar faces there, like icey and freddie-d ( who i am most likely going with) and trix... well see all of u there

the brownman up in the northeast again?!
see ya there dude
------------------
The music was new,
black, polished chrome
and came over the summer
like liquid night.
aim: ColdShot25

Now there are two comfy couches in Jess's building....because SHAFIE MOVED IN....
smile.gif

i think i'm going to go to this....
we will see....
peace-

*biz-ump*
------------------
Wake your mind up. Clear your eyes up. Move and rise up before your times up. Clock is ticking. You're caught slippin'. Stop to realize. Look and listen.

...it (money) can eliminate alot of ppl that don't belong...
Bleuless, what exactly do are you implying- that people with less money (in lower economic classes) "don't belong" at this type of party?
Well, that would include me, and many other people that enRICH the rave scene not just with our hard earned ticket money, but with vibe, kindness, and energy, etc. I myself will find it a challenge to save up the money to go to this one- even tho i really would like to see M.Barbara, Derrick May and Richie Hawtin- daaayum.
Remember that being rich does'nt make you a better person. Classism is a disease in this country.
Forgive me, bleuless if i've misunderstood your post.
peace

jasmine—
I beleive you *did* misinterpret his post; correct me if I'm wrong, bleuless.
I think the idea is that people aren't willing to show up for an expensive party if they don't truly care about the music. If it means that much you will save the dough to afford it (like you), you will be willing to shell out mad money, you will go irregardless.
If you didn't really care about anything going on and it was cheap, you might do it because it's "something to do." A cheap party also means more money to be allocated towards drugs...everything the scene is trying to avoid in order to save itself.
I was aprehensive about paying such a large amount but this party means more to me than just money. It *is* about the vibe, it *is* about the people, it *is* about the music, it *is* about the performers/DJs.
Hope that clarifies things.
~Erik
------------------
Wake your mind up. Clear your eyes up. Move and rise up before your times up. Clock is ticking. You're caught slippin'. Stop to realize. Look and listen.

sorry jasmine,
i am in no way trying to say what was interpreted. i do not consider myself rich, i currently am unemployed for god knows how long... (more than 3 years?) and i am in few thousdand dollars of debt. (amazing i can still get by eh? well i did it) i came from a poor familiy, i wasn't trying to say that the ppl that can't afford shouldn't go. but that alot of people that just go "hang out" at those big events from what's i've seen in the past in NYC. and they ARE welcomed, too, IF they are positive and friendly. however, alot of them that i've saw and met were not. and i really wish this would change. so what i meant was, maybe since the price is so expensive, ppl that are going, knows EXACTLY what they are getting into, and what kind of crowd, and how to be respectful to others. and that would be a better crowd, wouldn't you agree?
hope this clear things up.
------------------
"u fucks are closet atb/alice deejay whores...the first step in solving your whore-ish problems is admitting that u have problems...get out the fuckin closet..." - sinfony77

Bleuless- Thanks for the clarification. I obviously jumped to conclusions. I guess ive been in a "holier than thou/society-sucks/social justice/lets make assumptions" type of mood lately. I apoligize for assuming that you were passing judgement on poor people. Would'nt it be great if there was a sliding scale for raves- You pay based on your income?
anyhoo, i'll prolly scrounge up the $$ to go to this one- i can't justify missing it.

two consecutive summers that i lived in north carolina, I went to three phish shows, two were $50 and the other one I recieved for free, so I can't tell you how much it cost
I'm sure it varies, but I am correct when the average phish show is around 40-50$

^c'mon, man. that was three pages ago. can't we all just get along?
~Erik
------------------

i just for the first time saw the line-up
i just about shat in my pants.
i'm SO there
Mella

ok...
yay mella!!!
and YAY SHAFFFFIIIIEEEE.. i miss u!!!!
frown.gif

LOL @ pat's comment to jay!
jay.. come!!!!!!!!!
and yes i still wanna go!
------------------
~*Princess Jen
Head of the Right Coast BLT Crew and Official Leg Humper of the SBS.
~DAYUM!!! -Spencer
Friends dont let friends get MULLETS!-Got it Jay? =oP
<sprout> but bkr...
<sprout> our love is true and will be everlasting!
<sprout> sprout *heart* bkr 4-ever!
*Don't frown, 'cause you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile*