⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Boardwalk Empire

Srsly.

Fuck all of these flashbacks and fuck all this Nuck/Margaret storyline. We ony have 8 episodes and we've done 4 of them mostly on shite FFS, I want the good shit - Chicago, New York, Lucky, Al, Dr Zoidberg or whatever the fuck his name is :!

Nucky has always been the central character, though. But I'm still trying to figure out where they're going with these flashbacks and how they will relate to the end of the series.

I like that the show touches on characters like Al and Lucky, but aren't direct docudramas of their lives. There has to be a million of those already.

Flashbacks are getting super annoying
Thought they would be done last ep

This show is making me extremely butt hurt
Only redeeming factor of the last ep was the Van Alden and Eli scenes

I didn't mind the young deputy Nucky, better than the child Nucky - but, yeah, they shit me too. I get that Nucky is the central character but I still want to see him on the gangster tip and I never liked that cow Margaret anyway, she's a shit and annoying character.

I like Margaret. I have a feeling it's just her accent that I find charming though.

Fuck, only three episodes left.

Predictions:

NSFW:
Eli and Van Alden nail Capone on his tax evasion charges (kind of a no brainer)
The flashbacks and the show end with Nucky meeting Jimmy and the beginning of the first season.

Man, I wish they had kept Jimmy in the series. He was probably my favorite character. Along with Richard

Margaret was really only likable to me after getting drunk and taking care of Carolyn lol, only took 5 seasons but hey

And I agree bard, Jimmy and Richard were the best
After everyone else that died or went to jail or whatever, I thought maybe just maybe they'd give Richard a happy ending

I don't think anyone on this show will get one by the time it's over tbh
Maybe Luciano and Lansky...

I like Margaret. I have a feeling it's just her accent that I find charming though.

Fuck, only three episodes left.

Predictions:

NSFW:

The flashbacks and the show end with Nucky meeting Jimmy and the beginning of the first season.

Close. Can't say I saw it coming though.

NSFW:
And Chalky - WTF? That shouldn't have played out like it did.

Monday nights recently have been this and Manhattan. Manhattan is enjoyable enough but the conflict drama is totally overcooked. Manhattan hit my finished folder first tonight so i watched it while BE finished. Must say, the contrast is stark. All the way through BE I was on the edge of my seat in enthrelled rapture thinking 'now, this - THIS is what i call drama'. Such goo stuff.

And the flashbacks, as annoying as they've been, I've enjoyed seeing the young-man Eli and Nucky, the way they play those characters is almost flawless.

I haven't seen the new episode yet, and badly want to click the spoiler.

Must.... resist...

Breddy gud ep
Prolly best of the season so far

NSFW:
I didn't really like how they handled the Van Alden death, wish he would have got a little bit more redemption instead of just the brief moment in Capone's face before he got btfo

Chalky's death was sad but at least maybe daughter and daughter will get to be free

I absolutely loved her 20's voice

I've just started onto season 5. Have not read any posts for spoilers but this show fukn dope. Missed it.

Haha, I know, right?

Even then, though, (NSFW for spoilers)
NSFW:
I felt like the last time I saw the kid onscreen he was an infant, man. I never made the connection until he said he had heard all about Nucky from his Grandma. In my eyes the kid managed about 15 years of growth in 5, lol. This is one of the extremely rare shows whose finale I enjoyed. Now, though? I want a Sopranos-esqu show following the rise of the modern American Mafia. I like that fucker Luciano, even if I feel like I hate his character at times.

Luciano was an amazing character, I loved the way he hardened over time. The actor was fabulous, did the voice just how you'd imagine it. And the way they even gave him the signature lazy eye was just spot on

NSFW:
The kid was at school in Season 4 - and then you have to remember that the show jumped forward like 8 years or so to 1931 so the maths do add up as far as I can tell

NSFW:
Duuuuuude, I forgot all about the time he spent with Harrow. For some reason I was remembering him as a literal infant that just disappeared from the storyline, lol. I guess his role was pretty unimportant in my mind until this last episode.

NSFW:
Yeah totes - he was such an insignificant figure. In season 4 I was struggling to figure out WTF was going on with the custody battle between Harrow's lover and Jillian

NSFW:
I knew the finale would involve jimmy somehow, I just wasn't sure how they'd spin it. I really didn't see Nucky getting killed though. They drifted so far from the real life story there that it was a complete surprise.

Could have been a lot better imo, but maybe I still have some atlantic city sand in my mangina
I knew that
Tommy was going to eventually kill Nucky since he Mickey hired him

They basically said in the trailers no one makes it out
Yeah we didn't actually know it was really him but it wasn't hard to figure out when they just introduce this new kid character out of no where

I thought there would have been a little more Capone scenes but I was very pleased to see them have him revisit with his son
The one scene a few seasons go where he's trying to teach him to fight since he was bullied was one of the best of the series

Last edited by a moderator: