• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Blurred Vision

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
So I took Codeine, Morphine, Dihydrocodeine, Promethazine, Diazepam, Propranolol and Prochlorperazine together (mixed with my daily Fluoxetine).

For the first time ever I've experienced really blurred vision. I have used all these drugs before and in this combination, so I can't understand why, out of nowhere, this blurred vision has appeared. I wear glasses and I clean them everyday. I have regular eye tests.

I know you're going to say it's likely to be the cocktails of drugs, but I've not had it before when taking the exact same tablets.

Does it only stop when the drugs finally get out of your system?

thats a huge cocktail
a SSRI like prozac inhibits cyp2d6 which reduces the effectiveness of opiates ....if my memory recalls
so i ask why even take anything opiate/opioid related? IMO....personally think you are just wasting them
let alone mixing opiates and a benzo isnt a good idea either...dangerous almost if you have no tolerance, since both are CNS depressants

actually surprised you only had/have blurred vision

Last edited:
I see you are on propranolol. Besides the possibility it is an adverse effect from mixing (even if you've taken the same combo before you may still react differently each time), if your blood pressure is too high/too low it can cause blurred vision. If you are able, check your BP. You may need to have the propranolol adjusted.

When I used to W/D from Opana regularly, by day 2 or 3 I used to get kinda cross-eyed. And since I watch a lot of TV it's a real pain in the ass. I used to have to cover one of my eyes to be able to actually see anything. Does that happen to anyone else?

I used to get funny vision whilst on opiates, I also take propranolol so could most definitely be your blood pressure, please be careful, body is giving u signs to calm down a little, listen to them :)