Round 16: Sunsets and Sunrises
Winners: purplefirefly
poll | thread

Round 17: Shadows
Winners: Johnny1
poll | thread

Next theme will be Night

Last edited:
I didnt enter this time because I just couldnt think of anything even half decent.

The funniest thing is that the pic Im voting for I could have taken myself...........I have windows almost identical to that and in just as bad condition........and i love em.......lol

But before I say who I went for.........let me tell you who I didnt..........anyone with dogs or cats or anything else in there pic that was obviously designed to suck up and stop me from remembering what the theme was.........well I didnt so stiff poo poo..............

Pics i liked included Alisdairs old and new. wesmdow for the effect, pennywise, abieda, L2R and acid.........actually I probably rated L2Rs as my next best.......

But in the end it went to.........Funky Munkey Alien.......... Love those windows.

pennywise ftw

great illusion which destroys the building behing the front wall.

I love alasdairm's old meets new, FunkyMunkeyAlien's rustic look, and the look of wesmdow's, but it was pennywise that took it for me.

That picture is amazing, it looks like just a building facade - great shot.:)

L2R said:
pennywise ftw

great illusion which destroys the building behing the front wall.
^ +1

I automatically disqualify cat pictures in my head. I refuse to be manipulated by CUTENESS!!! :D

I am fucking GUTTED I forgot about this, I had a couple of good ones.

MODS: did we ever reach a conclusion on the subject of getting some regularity going?

felixdahousekat said:
MODS: did we ever reach a conclusion on the subject of getting some regularity going?
I am not speaking for everyone here. To my knowledge, things were left as is, as no agreement was reached on the total running time of each round. Some said they would prefer that each round last a week. What they failed to realise, IMHO, was that this would cut the submission time in half (current submission time is eight days, whereas the new submission time would have to be four or five). Extending the contest running time to two weeks would extend the submission time by three days, leaving four days for voting or three days for voting and a one day break (my preferred option).

Unfortunately, people (including MazDan, who started the debate) possibly looked at two weeks as two full weeks of submissions, not realising that it really is not much different from what we have now (10 days), but with a definite regularity in place. A one week limit does not fit the rhythm of this forum/site.

So, I guess we'll keep it as is, unless someone wants to rehash the debate, as MazDan deleted the original thread.

The funny thing about it is that a few have posted since claiming they think the submission time is to long but when I had the thread up i was left like a shag on a rock with no support.

I would fight if it was suggested it go longer than it currently is but other than that Im over it.

^ WHAT? I totally supported you dude, how could you say such a thing? :( :p :D

Ah well. I'll survive. Possibly with some use of these new-fangled 'Post-It Notes' or something. ;)

P.S. Thanks SA.

I supported you too Mazdan :) I think its way too long.

I didnt even really see that Banquo and me had a similiar shot :)

First let me say my cat picture wasn't meant to " obviously designed to suck up and stop me from remembering what the theme was..." and " to to be manipulated by CUTENESS " the photo I used I thought had a certian grittiness to it and was one thats been on my computer for well over a year that happen to have three of my cats in it. Sorry if some took it wrong but this contest I thought was just for fun..... So anyway no offense to anybody .....My vote went to AlphaCharlieID this round..
;)

aww I have a vote. Who voted for me...I feel special :D

Mazey said:
First let me say my cat picture wasn't meant to " obviously designed to suck up and stop me from remembering what the theme was..." and " to to be manipulated by CUTENESS " the photo I used I thought had a certian grittiness to it and was one thats been on my computer for well over a year that happen to have three of my cats in it. Sorry if some took it wrong but this contest I thought was just for fun..... So anyway no offense to anybody .....My vote went to AlphaCharlieID this round..
;)
I was only KIDDING!!! :D

can "cat" be entered into as a theme for a future contest?

No pics of cats next to a window - OH RLY?

Try telling this big fucker, he looks kinda pissed =D

60781qz9.jpg

Mazey said:
;)

bahahahahjaha.........lol, Oh Mazey, thanks for the laugh........ you knows as well as I do that I was juz takin the piss.......lol.........nah I find it hard if two snaps are the same to choose one over the other........so all cat pics go together and are out in my book.........plus I hate cats......lol.

CletusVanDow said:
No pics of cats next to a window - OH RLY?

Try telling this big fucker, he looks kinda pissed =D

60781qz9.jpg

I dont think that cat is pissed at all........just mimicking the dude thats looking at it.