• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bluelight weekly photography contest Round 13: Architectural

Pennsylvania State Capitol Building, Harrisburg PA. Renowned by architects worldwide for its lavish decor, impressive domes, romantic/colonial/victorian style artwork-chandaliers-furnishings-etc, greco-roman style arcades - piers - columns - and collonaides. I believe it has a history similiar to the US Capitol building, in that is has been destroyed and rebuilt (more than once). Its one of the most impressive buildings in the country, you could seriously spend hours just checking out the state house and senate rooms, state supreme court, or even just walking around looking at the offices and such. wish i could post more pics in this thread, but i think the interior is mostly in my journal. if you are into architecture (which i am not personally, i just know this from living here) its one of those mecca-style buildings, people travel worldwide to check it out.

hburgcapitol1.jpg

Time Warner Center, NYC

lots of glass.

P1010568-4.jpg

Last edited:
Although not quite as unique as Mazdan's, I'm going to steer away from my collection of skyscrapers, European churches and monuments. I thought this was a pretty sweet mansion, it's situated right next Norwegian glaciers. Mmmm, nice clean freezing cold water. :)

architecture.jpg

i mope this is not to late to submit. this is a photoa of my grandfaters train model. he bulids every little datail my hand. even every little piece of wood in that train bridge was glued to gethor one by one.
i hope i captured this in a (realistic looking way) while also making the arcitecture very evident. but his is not real train bridge its a model.
(my granpa get real into this stuff, he has a whole room didcated)
i hope you like it.
bridgelx1.jpg

^^
You can delete it by yourself. Just click the "Edit" button on your post and then click the "Delete" button ...

^That's a great photo! :)

This is going to be another difficult round to decide on.

Well I have no illusions about being a photographer nor participating in any sort of contest, but here's a random pic I snapped @ my Uni with my 5-year-old camera.
Had to change the size a bit so it looks odd, but I always loved the look of the long hallway .. I'm a sucker for symmetry.

Attachments

• library2.jpg
    library2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 80
^^
Are you entering the contest or not? You need to take a look over the rules if you are.

here you go:

museum.jpg

this is the lobby of the royal museum of scotland in edinburgh. i took this pic last time i was there.

alasdair