• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bluelight weekly photography contest Round 13: Architectural

BA

Bluelight Crew
RULES
1. Any photograph or variation of a photograph which have been previously submitted in the forums or gallery for viewing and discussion cannot be used in the contest.

2. Photographs must be your original work and that has never been copyrighted or, if copyrighted, that you are the sole copyright owner of.
2a. No submitting pictures for other people, for friends, etc. Your OWN work, very simple.

3. Only one photograph may be entered per contest.

4. All photographs must be free of watermarks, signatures and borders

5. Photographs must be no wider than 700 and no higher than 700.

6. Deadline for entries is 12am eastern on the posted deadline date.

7. Voting ends at 12am eastern on the posted end date.

8. Post your images in the appropriate thread in the form of an image, not a link to click on.

9. Don't be a dummy and vote for your own photo, try and make it fun.

Be reminded that this is a photo contest and so images which have been heavily manipulated through an image editing software will not be accepted.

Images which are not relevant to the week's theme will be automatically removed.

Note: chrissie will be helping me keep this on track. I will pick the next theme and post it the night a contest ends for the next round so people have a full 8 days of time to take pictures and submit them. Voting will take place from midnight to midnight over 2 days (i.e 12am Friday - 12am midnight sunday). After all the entries have been posted, a poll will be added the last night so people can vote.

Just like last round, submit your photos in this thread and a mod will re-post them when voting starts in a separate voting thread.

Submissions: January 11 - 18
Voting: Jan 19 - 20

Apologies for the lousy, botched last round. I was having problems contacting the mod to make a poll, low number of participants, and some of those who were added to the final poll should have been disqualified for breaking the rules. :\

it's ok, BA. The photography contests are still my favorite threads!

Photo forthcoming!

:D

Architectural_-_Johnny1.jpg

BA said:
Apologies for the lousy, botched last round. I was having problems contacting the mod to make a poll, low number of participants, and some of those who were added to the final poll should have been disqualified for breaking the rules. :\
Dude. We could sense your torment through the internet, don't sweat it.

This one will more than make up for the last one, I've got a really good feeling about it. The stakes will be high and competition will be fierce! :X

Bring on the daylight! :D

I am determined to get at least one friggin vote this time.

Me too mate, me too. And I'm not talking about from my alter-egos and family, I'm talking REAL votes.

Kittens
A rainbow
Bright colours
Funny angle

oh... and something to do with archti-whatever. %)

[i'll vote you for you mazzers... ok? ;)]

sounds good mate...........I will vote for you then and we will both be happy........lol

Nah I have this archy tech thing sorted, just gotta find the right thing to photograph...........i will be continuing on with my theme of "not what you would have expected".........lol.

I tried to go with what was expected in the holidays theme.........I mean how much more holidays do u want than a row of tents and a zillion caravans and water............but nothing so its back to the weird crap.......

I win!

(If you don't want this to be the case by default, quit yakkin & post yer photos!) ;)

can you create a poll thread in testing grounds and have it moved here if no one is available to start it?

FTW!

I was going to wait to see what other people posted, but whateva, I do what i want!

p10200124dy7.jpg

edit: The above photo was taken near Duane Park in Tribeca, NYC.

Last edited:
The building which served as a railway station for Rookwood Cemetery between 1867 and 1948 was moved to Canberra in 1957 and became the All Saints Church, Canberra.
All_Saints_Ainslie.jpg

We so good... We import our churches!

It is too!!!

Was taken a few years ago, i cant remember though, it if was during sunset, or after.... but honest to god, it was this colour!

Yeah, yeah, and my cat is actually blue, honestly!

It's going to be a pretty tought competition this round, so many fancy buildings. :)

rookwood cemetary is just up the road from my parents place and where i grew up. the biggest cemetary of it's kind in the word, and the biggest of all in the southern hemisphere.

i took five photos specifically for this contest
after racking my brain over which pic to chose, i opted with this

image694fj7.jpg

solely for the reason that i expected predominantly old subjects, so i submit some new architecture. the world tower in sydney. I love the look of this building.

This was being built just outside my front door.

The architects and builders are still hard at work as you can see.

Im not sure that they had approval to erect this monstrosity, however after much consideration by both parties it was determined that if they did not attack the photographer that they would be allowed to keep there structure and the photographer would not burn it to the ground.

No photographers were harmed during the photo session.

100_0598Small.jpg

These are paper wasps and yes they have a very nasty bite.

To solve the problem of old vs new subjects...

IMG_1229b.jpg

This is the ancient Roman Temple of Hercules, within the walls of the medieval Ummayad Citadel, in the modern city of Amman, Jordan (Photo taken summer 2006).

MazDan said:
This was being built just outside my front door.

The architects and builders are still hard at work as you can see.

Im not sure that they had approval to erect this monstrosity, however after much consideration by both parties it was determined that if they did not attack the photographer that they would be allowed to keep there structure and the photographer would not burn it to the ground.

No photographers were harmed during the photo session.

100_0598Small.jpg

These are paper wasps and yes they have a very nasty bite.

wow excellent idea

allthough you cant really take a pic of it (without some extreme work lol) but a giant african ant colony is some of the most ingenious architechture found in the animal world. heating/cooling systems, air flow/vent, refridgeration, hierarchial formations of rooms and hallways, etc. humans have only been able to create architechture that is stronger/more advanced in the last couple thousand years what ants may have been potentially doing far, far longer.