• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bluelight Motorcycle Club

Have you ever crashed/dropped your bike?

• Total voters
PLURmonster said:
I want in, but I'd have to jump through hoops with work to make it happen.

I've got a 1982 GPz550 (mine in original spec, but it's a little different now. moving back to factory spec is my plan):
gpz550h1_web.jpg

Nice ride PM! You should definitely get that bad boy on the road....especially since summer is fast approaching! Even if your bike isn't on the road, it at least looks like it's in really good shape.

I've never owned a Kowasaki, but I can safely say that my old Honda was extremely reliable. Those old bikes just go and go. The Japanese really know what they are doing.

AfterGlow said:
Yes, the 7 NE states. Sounds like fun!

That would be awesome! :) I'll send details once I get everything planned. Where abouts are you from? (You can PM me if you don't want to say publicly)

yay for awesome thread!

i don't have a pic of my bike, but i'll take one in the near future. it's an '86 Honda Rebel. it's only a 250, but it gets me where i wanna go and i love it. i need to take better care of her, though. i'm a neglectful owner :(

^ Me too, I'm not very diligent about maintaining my vehicles. I don't know why.

600jb5.jpg

'96 Honda CBR 600 F3

250er9.jpg

'04 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX

Was anyone able to get out and ride this weekend?

I feel like a terrible biker because I had other commitments that I needed to handle and was not able to get out (even though the weather couldn't have been more PERFECT!)

I think I am going to try to ride to work as often as possible this week, especially since the price of gas is continuing to go through the fucking roof!

So let's hear your stories from the road, or even better, post some pics of your adventures on two wheels!

well, i had a great little run today. :)

went for a ride up a disused railway line:

dsc095022bm8.jpg

nothing beats standing up on the pegs leaving a massive trail of dust behind you for miles, bwahaha!

then out in the country i found a disused quarry that is used as a firing range - it was a beautiful, totally enclosed little suntrap with not a soul in sight.

dsc095132hx7.jpg

all the modern hillbilly toilet facilities too:

dsc095282bp5.jpg

dsc095292nu4.jpg

=D

Last edited:
It looks like you had a lovely day Felix!

The scenery looks quite excellent as well!

*PFF is so jealous*

Although, it would be quite awkward for me to pee in a urinal ;)

Awesome vids Felix! Thanks for the link!

I have always wanted to ride the Kangamangus Highway in Northern New Hampshire (located in the White Mountains). One of the most beautiful and scenic roads I have ever been on.

HWY2_2004.248202905_std.jpg

1873922-sm.jpg

b42540496.jpg

That does look like a great ride! Pretty nutty, I have never seen roads like that before.

Hwy. 74 AKA Ortega Highway in Southern California is a popular riding spot. VIDEO

Last edited:
^ yep, it's great over there on the west coast. everyone seems to love bikers! especially if there are a few of you, they'll usually sit and wait for you all to come past, or pull into the side to let you overtake. single track roads rock!

Damien8787 said:
That does look like a great ride! Pretty nutty, I have never seen roads like that before.

Hwy. 74 AKA Ortega Highway in Southern California is a popular riding spot. VIDEO
woah... that looks pretty dangerous!

i take it you guys will know all about the 'tail of the dragon' at deals gap? i'd love to do that some day! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl7ZxWivtmQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deals_Gap

318 bends in 11 miles. :D

I've added a poll to this to keep it kind of fresh. Every so often we will reset the poll with a new question so none of your answers will be permanent. First Poll:

If laws were not a factor, would you choose to wear a helmet when riding?
Yes
No
Maybe so.

I would try to most of the time but I know there are times when I would give into temptation and take quick trips to the store and what not without a helmet. Of course that is when all the accidents happen though right?

apparently about 90% of accidents happen within a mile of your home. :|

i voted yes, but i'll go without the helmet for short stretches of offroading, and that's it. it seems unthinkable to go without it for anything more serious, but i know some of the american contingent view it as their constitutional right to kill themselves. ;)

i've spent the equivalent of $1000+ on my helmet & visors, so you know i'm using it. :D

img4437xf0.jpg

I live in a state where there isn't an existing helmet law and I will still always wear one.

I like my brain kept safe and squishy inside of my skull thank you very much.

I think that it should be kept a personal choice though, I don't agree that there should be laws that require riders to wear helmets if they don't want to. I feel the same way about seat belts for adults as well, it should also be a choice.