where was i?,
oh yea, what [serotone] said
smile.gif

ya,i like to play,yes?
deep progressive tribal house,with a breakbeat chaser..............yum
smile.gif

------------------
i used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure

i am into BANGING HARD TECHNO and thats it.
what i would just like to say is, the people who think that a dj is nothing coz all they play is other peoples music, then fuck those people are dumb
being a DJ is:
1. controling and moving the crowd, make their night worthwhile
2. expressing yourself and your taste in music
3. skills making songs known to the people and showing music (TECHNO's) magic
and wat is the use of producing music if that music wont be played
anywayz there is more to that but i cant be fucked
long live techno

Anyone who doubts the skill in DJing has never tried it.
Trust me. It isn't just chucking on two records and crossfading between the two of them - if only it was that simple.

After seeing some of the ways in which crappy DJ's torture innocent vinyl, and then seeing truly skilled DJ's like Van Diemen and Decimal Dan, I know how much talent goes into DJing properly, if only the people out there going to see the DJ's knew...
...eek, crappy DJ bagging session coming on, time to leave the thread...
*flees*

mainly a private party, bedroom, DJ / part time techno producer.
me and my friends play Progression, started at a party a little while back, basically trying to educate people into the beauty and diversity of techno.
so our sets would "progress" like this with each dj playing one part.
Prog-trance -> tech-trance -> techno -> Acid Techno (liberator style)
Prog-house -> Tech-house -> funky techno -> hard techno
We have completely hooked in a number of people who were only into trance or psy before. and then when they all saw liberator they became addicted like we are.

I am a DJ.
Therefore I am an untalented buffoon that plays everyone else's tunes to make myself look better
wink.gif

All in agreeance say AI!!
AI!!
------------------
Carola's humblest servant
VaN d

AI!!
smile.gif

Bwahahaha, j/k
smile.gif

dj's are kool
smile.gif
smile.gif

crap d/j's are shit.
Basically i judge dj's by the music they play and how they mix it.
Ive seen sum real shit dj's before who play real shit music and get paid lots of money for mixing the sam as any bedroom dj could.
same goes with producing. I'd say my trax arent anything special, but at least im not ripping off old tunes puting a beat on it, filtering sum bits and getting paid shitloads for doing a day or two's work. Whats with that???
------------------
Its my duty to please you're booty

DJ Bagging....always a good topic
wink.gif

What are some of the weirdest reactions you guys have had from people you have played to??
One time at a house party, I was playing a jungle set (as I do..) and this woman (age circa. 30+) came over to the decks and asked my mate aksen "What's this crap he is playing?" in reference to me.
"Drum and Bass" he replied
"This is shit, play some house music"
I look at her shrug my shoulders, laugh and keep playing
She then asked Aksen, "How do you dance to this?"
"FAST" he replied.
I didn't really care too much about her opinion as the host said he was enjoying what I was playing along and I had gotten some "bigups" from mates and other people at the party.
Nonetheless it sure was funny! What stories do other people have from playing out???
peace
raw
------------------
"That was Scrumptious!"

I play your standard euro-sounding tech/progressive trance...
Plan to start spending $$ on some drum'n'bass/jungle soon though...and I give props to anyone who's skilled enough to mix D'n'B/Jungle properly...that shit's hard to do.
Another question that seems to be missed: what DJ gear do you have? I'm betting most here will be sporting 1200s/1210s...but there -are- other brands out there. Show of hands?
raw: haven't played "out" yet...only owned my turntables for two months or so, so I don't think I'm confident enough to play in front of a crowd (yet). Playing for 2 or 3 hours at a mate's birthday party next weekend though...here's hoping I don't fuck up!
smile.gif

I have a DJM 500 between two lovely brand spankin' new SL 1200 MK2's.
The most stoopid moment that I've had while DJing was when I was playing some nice hard, headfuck psy at a small rave and someone came up and asked for some Sonic Animation.
I told him that I didn't have any, and that it didn't suit what I was playing anyway. Five minutes later the guy comes back with a Sonic Animation CD from out of his car.
I said no and he cracked the shits and asked me what kind of a DJ I was. I told him to fuck off, cause I'm that kind of guy.
Fucking Sonic Animation into psy. No thanks.

well let me tel you mine,
i've been slapping them in the bedroom for about 4 years, My favorite producer is Roland the Bastard(the acid techno king ), and a damn close second comes chris liberator (anybody catch his set at virus the other week , mmmmmm). So as you can propbly tell i like the hard Acid Techno style.
So far i have played Filter, Virus, Bazerk, and too many private parties too mention.
Thanks for your time.
Spanky
------------------
"If Jimmi Hendrix was still alive, he'd be making Acid Techno" DDR

Break.....
Break Beat Scratching is my flavour. Started only a few weeks ago and have progressed at my own pace since then.
Love Battle breaks, deep beats, hip hop beats and as many samples of ANYTHING on vinyl that I can find.
Yup Yup, My two cents
------------------
I say..I...I..I...I...I
I want the knife.

haha i used to do mobile parties...once at this pub i played at..i started off with 'retro' crap that everoyne was askign for..they weren't dancing to it..i played it for 3 hours..they were all to interested in playing pool..so i said fuck it and i dropped in 'inner city junkies'...hahahahaha basically a typical london acid track. THAT was funny.
=)
i like it when girls with low cut tops have to lean vERY far over the console to request a cheesy track...
u know why