• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bluelight Cook Book - contributors

hmmm i know how to make a really stellar chili. i kick it up a notch just to make it more special than all those other chilis out there

doooooomzs5.jpg

:p

nowonmai said:
That's what I have in mind... I'm working on a html to tex script at the moment, so when we're finished editing it, I can just view in html, save, convert to pdf and we're done.

Mac OS X will save as PDF straight from the browser. No conversion requred! ;)

yeah, good call chrissie.

printing it out ourselves = much better idea. =)

not backing out, though =)

mmm...doom cupcakes

well if anyone does want a printed copy i found a relatively inexpensive binder where i can do as few or as many as i want. I can do say 5 at a time and once those are gone do 5 more. the finished product would be between 5-10 dollars plus shipping. It would be 200 pages front and back. If we do size A5 we could do approx. 400 recipes if we do traditional size we can do up to 800 recipes.
I am sure nowanmai can get it to where everyone who wants to do it themselves can just print it up. Thats up to him;) I am completely dumb when it comes to stuff like that lol

here is a pic of the samples i got today
cookbook2do9.jpg

Edit: all of the editing of the current recipies is done :)

Last edited:
7zark7 said:
Mac OS X will save as PDF straight from the browser. No conversion requred! ;)

I know... and OpenOffice does too, but having a tex script means that I can resize and format for the general case and it'll apply that to each page automagically.

To anyone who's wondering what happened... I'm still working on this... it had to take a back seat for a bit as life stepped in, but I'll hopefully be back on it in the next few days/week.

cover idea...

cook.jpg

but if yur really cereal about this, i've got some yummy vegan recipes i could submit... :\

submit them into the recipe thread and they can probably be added to the cookbook but even if hes done with it at least they will be in the thread. :)

Edit: I was also thinking about adding a mixed drink book with the cookbook if i get time after the holidays for those who get the cookbook.

>>our resident vegitarians and vegans will only be able to use that section>>

You mean you guys put meat in EVERYTHING? ;)
I'll dig up a few of mine to contribute.

ebola

LOL @ the cover! The text would look better centered, though.

I received a cookbook that is basically what we will be putting together - it is by terminal cancer patients. :( We will need to credit them as anonymous, though - I doubt they'd want their full names associated with this!

About to post them in the recipe thread; all are holiday related :)