• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bluelight Cook Book - contributors

FoxxyLady

Bluelighter
A few of us have got together to make a cookbook based off of the Recipes thread in Second Opinion.
(we need more vegetarian /vegan recipies our resident vegitarians and vegans will only be able to use that section so we need alot for that section!)
If you would like to add your recipes please do so there.
Please make it in the following format
Title: name of the recipe and category it should be listed under
Ingredients
Directions

Categories:
Beef
Veal
Poultry
Lamb
Pork
Seafood/fish
Pasta
Soup/Chili/Stew
Side dishes/vegetables/salads
Vegetarian/Vegan
Desserts
Breads/Baked goods
Appetizers/Snacks
Sauces/Dressings/Toppings
Crock Pot

The price for the finished product is TBD
Note: we are not trying to make money but we will need to cover the cost of printing/binding/shipping

Cover Design

We have decided to hold a competiton for the cover design, so all you graphically oriented types sharpen your cursors and get on it.

The cover format is A5, front and back, title will be The Bluelight Cookbook and the rest is up to your creative instinct to work out.

FoxxyLady said:
A few of us have got together to make a cookbook based off of the Recipes thread in Second Opinion.

What a cool idea! :D

7zark7 said:
What a cool idea! :D

the cool idea was mariposa420's, so give her the credit for the great idea! we are just running with it, hoping to make it happen :)

i'll get on it, but for the life of me, google docs will not work. it just freezes up my computer :(

i already have it fixed in google doc's no need to go there :) i am almost done with the editing :)

I'll pay you $1 for the publishing rights. Have your people call my people.

this is an adorable idea. we can contribute half of the earnings to the DEA. just for fun and attention of course....

i have no creative talents, but will assist in filling up the book with recipes, and if you need financial help after all is said and done, i will see what i can do. good luck!

DarthMom said:
this is an adorable idea. we can contribute half of the earnings to the DEA. just for fun and attention of course....

i have no creative talents, but will assist in filling up the book with recipes, and if you need financial help after all is said and done, i will see what i can do. good luck!

Thanks, any recipies would be very appreciated! I am hoping it dosen't cost too much for printing/ binding I am hoping to keep the finished product under 10 dollars, depending on binding costs. I am almost done with the editing of the current recipies.

Myself and mariposa have had a little banter about the rights issue and my feeling is that it should all be licensed under the Creative Commons license.
How do all the various contributors feel about this?

I can't really contribute, but I'd buy the finished product.

well, my boyfriend does graphic design for a local print shop. if this actually (sorry, blers are usually just a bunch of talkers, not do-ers as history has shown) gets serious, i'm positive they would print it up.

shoot me a pm if necessary.

if this does get far, i have an idea for a cover, how about a great artisitic rendition of all the avatars of the people participating in the book, with some bluelight avatar thingie crap in the middle.

or not.

whatever.

Maybe like little_smoke's famous Bluelight Album Cover?

LOL

And I can't take anything even approaching full credit for the idea, it's very much Nowonmai's brainchild as well, probably others have thought of it too. :)

I would like to see some kind of intellectual property protection on the finished product; Creative Commons seems the most feasible.

Of course involvement isn't limited to just design; keep contributing those recipes in the Recipe Thread!

What a brilliant idea.............. From memory I added a few in the early stages years ago and your free to use any of them............might add a few more for you and Im certain my bf will cos he is an amazing cook.

What if it was designed to be printed on normal paper and people could just print out their own recipe books? Not as nice and professional looking but it's free!

I'm just thinking that BL'ers can be flakes and won't buy one when they said they would. Unless you had it printed via Cafepress or another site where they print per order.

That's what I have in mind... I'm working on a html to tex script at the moment, so when we're finished editing it, I can just view in html, save, convert to pdf and we're done.
Heh... I make it sound so easy :)