• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Blue Lotus experiences

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
This plant caught my attention from one report here on BL. Now I am thinking about acquiring some (leaves or 50:1 extract available) and wonder what your experiences are with this plant. It's supposed to be relaxing, a bit narcotic like. Also, how does it compare to kratom? Can I make tea or does it need to be smoked? Wikipedia mentions that it contains aporphine, a dopamine agonist which gets metabolized to apomorphine, a similar compound. This is interesting in its own but the plant must contain additional alkaloids with other properties I assume.

220px-Nymphaea_caerulea_%28Nymphaeaceae%29.jpg
220px-Aporphine.svg.png

Last edited:
i believe soaking the flowers in red wine is a traditional way to prepare them

never used em msyelf tho, so can't speak to the experience

Definitely report back I’ve been curious on water lilies of various sorts for a long time. Seems many contain aporphine.

-GC

My experience over the weekend with it was complicated.

The first day I used it, I did notice a bit of a euphoric state come upon me. Nothing extreme like heroin or meth or anything like that though.
I used an extract tincture that can be put under the tongue or soaked through the skin.

I did notice some sedation. although nothing strong. I actually felt a bit dysphoric at times.

Was really hard to gauge any effects since I was on a myriad of other medicines.

I would rank it around chamomile, lavender, valerian root, indian warrior bud, type of effects, rather than narcotic-like.

I never did puke either. And the bottle said to take as much as needed, so I did.

Strangely I had some actual leaves many years ago & smoked them & do remember a bit of a psychedelic headspace taking place as well.
But the effects are so subtle & introverted that it's hard to really know.

My roommate seemed to enjoy it & took it any time I offered it up to him. He seemed less psychotic while taking it & said it helped him sleep a bit better.

I wouldn't expect anything too recreational or mind blowing, at least IME.
I think it could be something nice to unwind with at night or for potentiating other things.

Nuciferine is also another alkaloid that is said to be psychoactive in this plant. So that's worth looking into as well.

I ended up deleting my post the other day cause I ended up mixing the kanna & blue lotus anyway with no ill effects whatsoever.
Although I have been having what I "think" are heart palpitations the past 2 days. Feels like my heart flips over every once in awhile for a second or two. It's a very strange feeling, I can't really describe it. Kinda like my heart stops beating for a second or something as well. Some one on here said it was heart palpitations but I've had those before & they usually happen when your heart rate is up & you can kinda feel your heart skipping a beat (or is that just tachycardia?). These feels more than just "skipping a beat" & my heart rate feels normal when it happens. I would also describe it as feeling like the very top of my stomach has just flipped over or something. It's not painful, just strange. It only lasts a few seconds, but can some times happen multiples times a day. Which can then kinda give me anxiety since I dunno what the feeling exactly is. Dunno if it's related to the kanna or lotus or something else, as I've had this strange sensation take place off & on for over a year now, even though my heart is apparently fine (according to x-rays & ekg).

Last edited:
I've never tried Blue Lotus. So, sorry for the useless post but I'm bored.
I always figured that it was like Damiana as to usefulness from all the reports. Damiana is a nice high and is definitely not placebo. However, it is mild and it seems you can't get past a certain level.
So, it's pleasant but frustrating. Something to try and move on.