• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

blowing smoke

tantric

Bluelighter
the guy who taught me to smoke meth, who has a torch and a waterpipe and everything, when he does it, he cooks up this huge hit sucks it in then blows out a cloud of smoke. he judges how good a hit it was based on the cloud. i think this is BS and he's wasting dope. i suck it in and hold it and blow out very little smoke. thoughts?

The reason you are blowing out little smoke is because you are holding it in. Holding in meth is VERY BAD. It's vapor not smoke. The reason you are supposed to blow it straight out is because once it cools it recrystalizes. The reason you blow out such little smoke is because it cooled in your lungs and 're solidified. This is VERY bad for you . you can start having really bad upperespiratory issues from this. We call it Crystal lung.

The reason you are blowing out little smoke is because you are holding it in. Holding in meth is VERY BAD. It's vapor not smoke. The reason you are supposed to blow it straight out is because once it cools it recrystalizes. The reason you blow out such little smoke is because it cooled in your lungs and 're solidified. This is VERY bad for you . you can start having really bad upperespiratory issues from this. We call it Crystal lung.

okay, meth boils at 175C/350F. what do you think would happen if you inhaled a gas at those temps into your lungs? right. the smoke you see is NOT vaporized meth any more than steam is vaporized water. it's a cloud of aerosolized droplets which has already cooled to room temperature. otherwise it would burn the piss out of you. your lungs are very wet - that's how they work. meth dissolves in water. under no circumstances can you crystallize meth when water is present. i don't blow out meth steam because my lungs ABSORB IT. there are no crystals in anybody's lungs, that's goony goo-goo nonsense. not to say that it doesn't damage your lungs, a bit, it does, but nothing like cig or pot smoke as there is not particulate matter.

urban myth. your lungs are wet and gooey - crystals will not form in your lungs.

you are wasting 90% of your dope. i get hugely fucked up on almost nothing compared to smoke blowers.

I cant say for sure if holding the smoke in is beneficial but I can say that smoke is suspended solids and not the vapor that you seek to absorb for the most part. The other part of it is that the lungs are extremely efficient in removing oxygen and substances from the air, this is why you dont need to hold your breath or inhale quickly to oxygenate your blood.

To be quite honest knowing those two facts leads me to believe that holding your hit in for more then 5-7 seconds is not needed. What may help is to inhale small amounts of air after your done with your hit as you could argue that the center of the lungs where the contents may not come in contact with the actual lungs will help you absorb more.

Thats just my opinion though. And it should also be noted that although I understand the above it never stopped me from holding my crack in for as long as it took for it to come on, part of it is a mental game.

5 seconds is plenty. i'm talking about people who immediately exhale. you can't inhale meth vapor because meth vaporizes at 350F. meth smoke, likely, is tiny crystals suspended in an aerosol, right? it can't be anything else because the liquid would burn the hell out of you. your lungs absorb this smoke very efficiently. you are right about following it with a small amount of air, i would think.

seriously, all y'all who blow smoke. just try holding it in for 5 seconds. with an 'eek' (calvin and hobbes for the extra air you suck in after hitting a joint). do you get more out of it?