• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BL Guide to Itchy Feet: Travel!

oops..... ;)

maybe both threads can be merged or something?

Still waiting for that dream holiday to Dubrovnik (sp?)..........

bisKi- Bora Bora doesn't seem too bad in terms of prices considering how god damn beautiful it is. You can get like Deluxe (honeymoon type) class from $242USD a night But how nice it that! But you can camp for next to nothing aswell and anything in between. Depends how luxurious you want to go.

And Smileyfish you said Turkey is working its way up your list, maybe you should go there when the total solar eclipse is there aswell, in 2006 (we're thinking about it!). Its hard to plan that far ahead but its not as far away as it sounds. It would be a fab place to go and my Nan is a big fan.

I cant really travel yet because i have a son that still needs me here but when hes older i plan on taking off and doofing all over the world...cant fucking wait =D =D

***BUMP***

My girlfriend and i have just purchased an around the world ticket each. We leave 25th March.

Hawaii for a few days,
Canada for a few weeks,
Europe for a few months (Spain, portugal, Italy, France, Netherlands, switzerland, Austria, Germany and Belgium via a 3 month unlimited Eurail pass),
UK for a few months (hopefully working),
Thailand for a month.

The airfare cost us just over $1600 each (plus $300 taxes). Which is fucking cheap thanks to the travel agent printing out the wrong contract for us to sign =D.
Eurail pass was $1800 and travel insurance for 10 months was $800.

I would love to hear about people's experience with travelling to these destinations. Also any tips on working in the UK, Eurail or hints on travel in general.

funny this thread popped up again.

my gf and I are going to europe again in june. We're spending a week in the UK visiting her sister who's just moved over, then flying to the South of France (Provance) to driving around there for 2 weeks. Then we're driving to switzerland, austria and then Bavaria - spending another 2 weeks in those regions.

Can't wait.

**Where I have been**
England, Ireland, Holland, Germany (Nov 2000-Jan 2001)
Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand (Nov 2003-Jan 2004)

Loved both trips but preferred the S.E.Asia one simply because it was not so constraining... I could eat out at restaurants and live with a certain measure of comfort, as opposed to the first trip where everything was budgeted and food was always from supermarkets.

Most jaw-dropping culture shock
- Hanoi in Vietnam

Most Jaw Dropping scenery
- Halong Bay Nth Vietnam

Best ride
- either up the Mekong in a little boat waving to village people crossing from Vietnam to Cambodia, or white water rafting on a lashed-up bamboo raft in Thailand.

Most memorable place
- Either the Killing Fields/Genocide Museum motorbike tour I took with a Cambodian who no longer has a family thanks to Pol Pot

- Riding around the temples of Angkor Wat near Siem Reap in Cambodia by a rickety little old bicycle for about 9 hours.

Best party
- NYE on Ko Phan Ngan island Thailand... it was as if aliens took me away to another planet which was designed for the ultimate party. Magnificent.

I am stuck aty home for the next 3 or so years until I get my UNI Degree but future travel plans involve:

- Either East Coast Australia mid year for some snowboarding, or Bali

- Back to Thailand for the Christmas/New Years week

- Canada, after my degree.

I love travel.

I've been pretty lucky with travel.

Just came back about 2 weeks ago from 2 months in India and Nepal. Very intense, India is not for the weary. It wouldn't be a good place to start travelling. Perhaps thailand and cambodia or something would be a good training ground.

I've been to Fiji, Bali, Indonesia, Thailand, New Zealand, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, France, Belgium (where a lot of my family is), Holland, Germany, UK, India, Nepal, Malaysia and a couple of others I forget.

Each country has beautiful part, with equal part not so beautiful. India is probably the most memorable, but also the hardest by far.

Next stop is South America then Cambodia and Laos. Then perhaps South Africa.

I have no desire at all to travel to North America. We have enough of their culture down here.

Agreed with Shnouzerpuff, the Ko Phan Ngan parties are crazy, but id prefer a Goa party. They're incredible, but I took way too many drugs while in Goa :p

Im in Mendoza Argentina at the moment. Spent the last four months in Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Chile. Flying soon to New Zealand. Gonna see north and south island then Australia, Bali, Singapore and Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, China and (hopefully) some of Nepal.

Best place so far: Iquitos, Peru (jungle, loads of mad for it women, cheap drugs...3 dollars a gramme of coke)

the only overseas travelling i've done was to america for a couple of weeks. oh and mexico for the day cos we were near the border. in america we had a very cool apartment in the middle of the action and it was great. then we went to LA and drove around there...
i really want to go travelling at some point, but i'm so caught up in being busy it just doesn't seem like something that could happen. plus i have no money... so i'm sort of pushing the idea back for a bit but i will start saving and thinking about it.
sometimes i just feel so stupid being stuck in this boring every day routine, when there is so much more going on in the world. so much that i haven't seen! sort of exciting too... ah, i wanna be rich...

It's not that hard to save.

I somehow managed to save last year while studying full time. I love my parents.

27 days till my big trip!!!!

shorza said:
***BUMP***

My girlfriend and i have just purchased an around the world ticket each. We leave 25th March.

Hawaii for a few days,
Canada for a few weeks,
Europe for a few months (Spain, portugal, Italy, France, Netherlands, switzerland, Austria, Germany and Belgium via a 3 month unlimited Eurail pass),
UK for a few months (hopefully working),
Thailand for a month.

The airfare cost us just over $1600 each (plus $300 taxes). Which is fucking cheap thanks to the travel agent printing out the wrong contract for us to sign =D.
Eurail pass was $1800 and travel insurance for 10 months was $800.

I would love to hear about people's experience with travelling to these destinations. Also any tips on working in the UK, Eurail or hints on travel in general.

One week to go!!!!
So exciting.

Does anyone know of a way to reduce the effect of Bluelight withdrawals?

I know, but it's just not going to be the same.

The worst thing is, I am going to miss BL so much, and not one person is going to think,
"Hmmm, gee i wonder where that Shorza fellow went to, he hasn't posted for a while"

bah, think i'll eat some worms.

belisimo said:
And Smileyfish you said Turkey is working its way up your list, maybe you should go there when the total solar eclipse is there aswell, in 2006 (we're thinking about it!). Its hard to plan that far ahead but its not as far away as it sounds. It would be a fab place to go and my Nan is a big fan.

2006 doesn't seem like a bad idea actually. I'm saving for a car right now, so by 06 I should actually be able to afford a decent holiday. GOing domestic this year though - around september. Definatelly heading back down to Hobart, but tossing up between a Melbourne trip and the BL trip to the snow. I think snow is winning....

=D Smiley

smileyfish said:

...but tossing up between a Melbourne trip and the BL trip to the snow. I think snow is winning....

=D Smiley

w00t!! =D

I was trying to get enough money to travel to Europe this year, but it doesn't even like possible for next year, so i'm think 2006 could be THE year for travel.

DJC*

Donny Don't said:
Originally posted by Oopsz:

Where are you heading? Whistler or banff/jasper?

The plan was always to head for Whistler, but i think that's a little *too* popular, plus it's full of Aussies from what i've heard. So at this stage i'm looking at Lake Louise/Banff.
You should check out Big White. Much cheaper than Whistler and you will have the mountain to yourself. Big White is mad!

well im'a travelling to melbourne for a month in may- yay for $29 virgin air fares. it'll be my first time in the fair state and i'm getting all excited, mostly about the trams!

other than that i'm saving for a trip to bali with my two bestest friends at the end of the uni year.

grandad said:
Im in Mendoza Argentina at the moment. Spent the last four months in Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Chile. Flying soon to New Zealand. Gonna see north and south island then Australia, Bali, Singapore and Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, China and (hopefully) some of Nepal.

Best place so far: Iquitos, Peru (jungle, loads of mad for it women, cheap drugs...3 dollars a gramme of coke)

ahahahaha
I was born there :)
Whereabouts did you/are you staying?