View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bizarre tripping experience

YimYam

Greenlighter
I took 3.5g of some PESA strain amazonian shrooms.

It took 2 hours for it to kick in....When it did, bizarrely when I closed my eyes I was tripping as I was experiencing mad visuals but when I opened my eyes I felt pretty sober as there was no real visuals, It was like I would go back out of my tripping state, can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Thanks,
YY

Yeah, those are known as 'closed eye visuals'.
I find some psychedelics need a pretty immersive dose to experience 'open eye visuals' (with the exception of some drugs which are really hallucinatory at easily manageable doses).

If you felt reasonably sober with your eyes open, it mustn't have been a very overwhelming dose, so it makes sense in the general scheme of mushroom tripping.
For me the mental aspect of mushrooms is where much of the "trippiness" lies (that and the sensory amplification and synaesthesia) so i'd say it was just a mild trip if only the CEVs stood out to you.

Have you tripped before? If so, how recently?

Also, I have a friend who takes hours to 'come up' on mushrooms and 4-aco-dmt. Oddly it tends to kick in when he gives up, has a snack and goes to bed. I'm not sure if the food helps his stomach digest the tryptamines or what...but the long come-up isnt unheard of.

visuals does NOT equal tripping. You can trip hard without having visuals.

And conversely you can have visions without feeling warped mentally... although I personally believe that (and this is IME typical for psilocin / 4-AcO-DMT / shrooms) you can sometimes feel reasonably sober with eyes open, but tripping deeply without realising it! I really think that can be caused by trance-like states.

But yeah sometimes part of the effects are really exaggerated without other typical tripping effects, it's certainly not unheard of!

Usually OEVs are a lot more hardcore with - say mushroom - trips that kick in very fast and overwhelm the tripper. If for some reason the trip progresses more gradually, it can feel more subtle and less menacing while still producing psychedelia. I guess a little more peripherally : p