• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Bizarre Mecke/Marquis Results...rainbow, speckles - bad. Expert Opinions?

SirSpaggy

Greenlighter
MODS - if there are too many pictures, or you'd like me to change the images to links to images - I'll do that - I just figured it'd be easiest if it was in order, as the reactions went down.

I'm stoked to have experts I can turn to. I had some reallllllllly weird reactions on my first test (pictured, explained), so I did a 2nd and 3rd test to see if I got similar reactions (random sampling of caps/powder, so not all from one cap). The first test was totally inconclusive, other than bad. The second is clear with Methylone being a definite possibility, but the Mecke still makes no sense and doesn't match any of the Erowid changes I looked up. The last test from this person was textbook (and was my first, so that made it easy) - straight to black on both, so this "new" batch worries me.

Test 1

Poured 3 small piles out of 2 randomly selected caps on to cermaic plate, with the intention of "running it twice" if it came up funky. The Mecke test at first did nothing (which for a capsule was bad news), then sort of separated in to greenish liquid, red chunks, and had one small purple/black layer forming in a corner after maybe 20-30 seconds. I saw clear green, and also noticed that some of it didn't react at all. After 1min, it turned rust/blood red (picture here):

EfAR3.png

These are both Mecke tests - the one on the right is more of solid color, but the lighting is weird - it's light blood red. Given that I now realized I was in bunktown, I got out the Marquis test and ran it twice. Both initially had minor yellow coloring appear, but then sort of just faded in to nothing. However, after about 1 minute, it turned in to what's pictured below, which was dark colored sludge with both Mecke and Marquis (without any cross-contamination):

aDrM2.jpg

Obviously my result was - bad news, return at customer service counter. But, because I had used cold reagents fresh from the fridge, I did a second round of testing. The results were more consistent, but still were very....odd. So, in order, the second test:

Test Prep/Setup (2 caps, 2 piles from each - larger amount than normal, as I wanted to see consistent reactions):

g5NKM.jpg

Mecke Test - about 5s in

EOKNl.jpg

Mecke Test - about 20-30s in (close to end result)

IY4rE.png

Maquis Test - about 10s in, both stayed this color but slowly darkened over the course of 1-2 minutes

LVHZZ.jpg

Final End Product, after about 120 seconds (Mecke=dark, Marquis - lighter) :

BMcdj.jpg

So....given how this seems like it could be anything from 5-Meo to 2-C(x) to Methylone (definitely has some of that) and possibly LOW amounts of MDMA...anybody seen this type of reaction before? I want to warn people about these, but I'd like to be about to tell them what I'm warning them about. I tried to show the weird green/brown/rust/black mix on the Mecke as best as possible, along with the chunks separating, but it didn't come out as clearly as I'd like.

Any input is very appreciated - these look dangerous in all kinds of ways.

that yellow looks a lot more like the the kind of reaction to mephedrone than methylone that I used to get. certainly for me methylone was a lot stonger colour change much nearer orangey yellow than that pale yellow.

I also had something that did a similar weird mix of green, black and red colours though I can't remember what it was sold as and it was a long while back so I think I've probably since got rid of it anyway.

that yellow looks a lot more like the the kind of reaction to mephedrone than methylone that I used to get. certainly for me methylone was a lot stonger colour change much nearer orangey yellow than that pale yellow.

I also had something that did a similar weird mix of green, black and red colours though I can't remember what it was sold as and it was a long while back so I think I've probably since got rid of it anyway.

Yeah, I should have noted this - the yellow reactions were not bright or instant - any yellow from the Marquis was VERY dull and faded. It weirded me out that it turned dark the weird test, bbut the second one matches 5-Meo-DiPT for Mecke (sort of), and maybe Methylone/Mephedrone on Marquis.

It's obviously not both...I actually did a literally lick that was 1/20th of a cap (these were SMALL - maybe able to hold 150mgs total, smallest I've seen), and it tasted like nothing like anything I had.

However, given that I know my friends might be buying these same exact caps, a picture of science! doesn't matter to most of them. I actually think these are dangerous, hence my putting it here.

Why, o why, can't it be black and blue in like 2 seconds? Same guy, same cost, complete fucking waste of time (luckily not money...the "what the fuck is this" factor usually handles that).

Anyone also with ideas, do share.