• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Biking Nerds Unite

^i love chicago at night. it's so well lit. doesn't compare to somewhere like seoul, but yes, it does feel futuristic.

also i love that the streets are mine late enough. after 12am on a weeknight, you can ride about anywhere your bike will go. you can't tell because my camera is mounted to my handlebar not my helmet, but the reason i enter the garage so slow is because i'm looking around for security guards. obviously there were none.

^i love chicago at night. it's so well lit. doesn't compare to somewhere like seoul, but yes, it does feel futuristic.

also i love that the streets are mine late enough. after 12am on a weeknight, you can ride about anywhere your bike will go.
sounds like blade runner streets 😎

it is a bit like Blade Runner. because although chicago is very clean, it still has that grand, gothic feel to it. in part because companies get huge tax breaks for renovating buildings instead of tearing down and starting anew. so we still have lots of art deco.

you been riding much as of late?

bike still dragging, @nuttynutskin?

Chicago at night is quite a gas !

I bought a new battery for my camera ($100.00+( wtf)) and can take quality photos again. This is a strange time indeed. If you pedal far North let me know, I live just North of doggie beach.
two nights ago i saw a photographer shooting. i covered my headlight with my hand as i rode by to not ruin his lighting. made me think of you out there with your camera. i've been riding with my camera sometimes too. a little 35mm that will fit in my jacket pocket. i put it in a ziplock baggie if it's raining. i posted that video for you. because you said to post.

what about @checktest, @schizopath, @DopeM, @Mafioso? still riding? anyone i'm leaving out who's getting out there?

about to hop on my bike and run some errands now. picking up some developed film included!

Last edited:
29 miles today. trying upload video to youtube in 4k which isn't gonna happen.

someone please post about biking. anything. what do you like about your bike? where did you ride yesterday? where are you going going to ride tomorrow?

Last edited:
that's good. i just learned there's a "stay-at-home" order in chicago that's an arrestable offense. that makes no sense to me. i don't have a tv so i've been riding around randomly everyday. i want the corona virus to be done with. i'm not staying home.

lakefront trail has been closed since thursday. people have just been climbing over the cement dividers. i didn't know know why they were there.

that's good. i just learned there's a "stay-at-home" order in chicago that's an arrestable offense. that makes no sense to me. i don't have a tv so i've been riding around randomly everyday. i want the corona virus to be done with. i'm not staying home.

lakefront trail has been closed since thursday. people have just been climbing over the cement dividers. i didn't know know why they were there.

Oh shit, that's crazy. They'll have to gun me down to stop me from riding. I'm doing what I can to be safe, but not letting people go outside is taking things too far as far as I'm concerned. It's not like I'm putting myself or anyone else at risk by riding around where there aren't even really any people. What are people supposed to do just wither away inside for an indefinite amount of time? FUCK THAT

i rode around cops all day today. 29 miles of random riding they didn't stop me. i don't get it. but it definitely has me scared. i'm riding again tomorrow. i'll have a reason why if asked, but how are they going to ask everyone why they are outside.

23 miles tonight. i now know for sure cpd doesn't give a fuck, because after 12am on a weeknight it's me and them out there. they don't bother me. chicago has a fuckload of cops.

gotta oil my chain. sounded like sandpaper out there .

you ride today, @nuttynutskin? i like your new avatar.

word. riding should be something you love to do do. don't be out there doing it if you're gonna gate it.

gonna buy my dad a helmet with MIPS or Wavcel. he's so old, got so much money, and his brain just isn't that hard. everyone should have one. gonna make sure my dad does.

Pushbikes are non motorized bikes. (non motorcycles)

Clapped out means broken down.

He wants to see pictures of your bicycles to see if they are in good order or broken, hydro ;)

My plantar fasciitis flared up suddenly the other day after a work out (or maybe it was something else but either way the bottom of my foot is in pain)
So Ive been stretching it out and cutting back on running.

But fiending for cardio I bugged buddy to get his bike out. Hes got two nice bikes and I figured Id ride his hybrid (?) while he took out his road bike. Welp his tubeless tires are leaking a bit so he didnt wanna f*** the rims on em. So I had to ride my mountain bike lmao ....

Hes way outta shape and practice but between the suspension and the tires I never stood a chance lol
We did just over 6 k (with a couple rolling hills) and I was gassed..... running is so much easier for me
... this is going to take some practice and a different bike