• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Big and Dandy Loperamide Adddiction Thread

^^^Thanks Mc83. That's exactly what I have been doing. I'm on day 65 today. I own a small organic farm. and have been working hard there. I guess I am still just having lingering PAWS. It really hits me in the mornings. But Man has it been hard getting to this point. I am taking tons of supplements, and vitamins. Things are getting better. Much love. Roaddoggy....
glad to hear you are felling better, I still have bouts of having a hard time sleeping from time to time, (not more than one or twice a week) had my wife call in an rx for 100mg trazodone and 1/4 of one knocks me out for a good 4 hours at least, if you having insomnia with paws you might ask your dr about it, it's not scheduled, not a narcotic, actually an old antidepressant that knocks you out at lower doses.

Taking too many vitamins (literally coined from Vital-Minerals) if there is no deficiency can make you feel worse, and lead to an early death. look up scholarly articles on subject, get tested for deficiency, supplement which ones you are deficient in, and that you need ONLY. Don't believe whole foods vitamin isle hype. Fish oil and omega fatty acids (don't quote me on this for sure, research, they may contain some?) aren't vitamins and therefore are helpful in the right doses, also I read that baby aspirin and regular aspirin lowers your risk of pancreatic cancer by like 60-90% for two 60% for the former (baby) and 90% (regular dose) for the latter, they also are great for heart health, look that up too!

Well today is day 66, and although I don't feel great, this morning was not too hellish. Wow 66 days, I still have my bad times, but things are starting to get better. Its just so slow. I really had no idea, what I was in for when I started taking loperamide. But I have learned a very important lesson. One that even heroin did not teach me. Much love. Roaddoggy....

Day 73 clean off loperamide. Still having rough days. Yesterday and today were a little rough. Its like I have this constant buzzing feeling. I mean I don't feel too terrible, but I'm still not well. I also still struggle with depression. The feeling that this will never end is always on me. I mean 73 days, is a long time. I cant see how I can still be feeling rough.

I have tried so hard to do anything I can, to make myself feel better. From working out, to taking vitamins, and supplements. But I still get boughts of yawning, and stretches, buzzing feeling, and depression, and lack of motivation.

Its just so depressing, that I am struggling with this. I just so wish this would end, so I can carry on with my life. Much love. Roaddoggy....

It will keep getting better. 73 days is a damn good time clean. Honestly since it's so easy to get I don't know how I'd do it. Do your eyes tear up?

Day 73 clean off loperamide. Still having rough days. Yesterday and today were a little rough. Its like I have this constant buzzing feeling. I mean I don't feel too terrible, but I'm still not well. I also still struggle with depression. The feeling that this will never end is always on me. I mean 73 days, is a long time. I cant see how I can still be feeling rough.

I have tried so hard to do anything I can, to make myself feel better. From working out, to taking vitamins, and supplements. But I still get boughts of yawning, and stretches, buzzing feeling, and depression, and lack of motivation.

Its just so depressing, that I am struggling with this. I just so wish this would end, so I can carry on with my life. Much love. Roaddoggy....
Great job!! It gets easier I promise!! I'm coming up on 4 months clean, it's possible

Damn you guys are doing great :) Makes me happy. My loperamide taper isn't so much a taper then when graphed a bunch of crazy highs and lows from 30-70mg.

MC83, how are you feeling 4 months clean?

LOLZ I feel great in comparison to how bad cold turkey wd was. The thing in deal with most of all now is energy. It's not the profound lethargy I experienced during wd but I still feel lazy. I have to make myself get going, once I'm up and going I'm fine and can do what needs to be done. Sleep is way better, I only have trouble sleeping 1-2 nights a week ( which could just be normal for me). I don't crave loperamide at all. I find chaos and loud environments effect me differently now , where I use to be able to tune it out and it didn't bother me now I can't and get supper anxious/agitated. I don't know if that will ever get better. Life is good! How are you doing, you disappeared for. Bit from the boards. Thanks for all your support in the early days of my wd you helped me immensely having someone to talk back and forth with.

Hi all,
bit of a back story

It's been a long and sore fully overdue time on here. Some bridges I feel I have neglected so for just much too long (a certain moderator [I hope he is by now!} who helped with cutting a horrid addiction at the time who I owe a long overdue coffee at the rue due parc second cup - msg me Bri if you see this, I'll be back in mntrl come september] - though it seems you all are, expecially roaddoggy, mc83 and lolwutzdrugs in this specific context... I want you all to know how much your stories have affected me, sometimes for the better, others as means of caution of expectation but also optimist and endurance)

I struggled with poppy pods, switched to cwe extraction of cdn 8/350(?) codeine OTC pills (which I later discovered the obscene amounts of caffeine mixed in wrecked my life more than the codeine) then finally was stabilized on a poppy seed habit. Problem was the store I got them from were very potent, as well as the glares I got from the cashiers (every see someone buy a 20lb of seeds every 2-3 days. even while switching stores? Destroyed any self esteem I ever had. And I'm am honors philosophy student at a major english speaking university in quebec.

I decided enough was enough - maintenance was the way to go becuase withdrawls would be too debilitating and visible at the time. After careful research, I found as close to the holy grail as possible - loperamide.

too the point
I reached an amount of 150-200 pills a day (using more, though not the nodding feeling, gave me social energy and somehow the ability to drink anyone under the table without a hangover. I did this for 2 years,. and kept the most up and coming life I could imagine - parties, extremely good grades, strong relationships. As long as the mail with my 600-x6 boxes kept coming. I took a year off to make some momey and get some practical experience back in toronto, which was a blast. Worked for a bay street firm, rubbed necks with some elite guys. All at age 19-23

Kicking
One night, I had to stay over a function at the last minute. Turned out to be 2 days. And pharmacies in canada dont sells more than 40x boxes, and i was being shadowed. I thought instead of sneaking around, Id tough it out. Thats when some massive withdrawal effects kicked in. It was obvious (flaing limbs, teary eyes, CRAZY restless legs and HORRIBLE insomnia with bouts of wimpering when sharing a roomate from work, irritable to the point of being unable to perform duties, wanted to curl up and stay in hotel, etc..). short story - it really didnt look a bit like the flu... No one looked at me the same after that...

So, with a month before school I have taken off work, and Ive decided to kick. My regime was (from 150-200 pills/day) 80-50-10-0 in the morning.

I was freaked! This wasn't going to be easy. And its not. But, through some good luck an I was saved. I;ll tell you, today was the 10 pill day ( took 5 instead) and Ive slept every night because of three things:
-ibuprofen (for the leg pains following the excersize)
-excersize (sprints for 30 mins at 1:1.5 (run to walk) first thing in the morning. Push that minute sprint to the toughest possible setting
-etizolam (after your sprints and taper dose)
-GBL right before bed

This has been manageable when it should have been excruciating its helps that I can sleep

After all this is done and PAWS coming around the etizolam and gbl will be axed, so I worry about that. But this has been a breeze compare to poppy pod wtihdrawal so Im optimistic... Is there anytthing unforeseen at this point that im in for?

Bobert - I hope I'm wrong but with a fast taper over 4 days it's likely you haven't started the really bad part of loperamide wd. It stays in your system a really really long time. For me I think it didn't get really bad until day 5-6 I dunno I'm far enough out the memory is getting fuzzy. I hope you are just going to have a short w/d however I don't want to set u up for failure if that's not the case. You can do this! Don't get discouraged if it draws out for a couple months but it will pass and it won't kill you! Stay strong!

"My regime was (from 150-200 pills/day) 80-50-10-0 in the morning."

It is very unclear what you mean as the latter numbers only add up to 140. You took that many pills throughout the day?

And if you've switched from loperamide with tapering to etizolam and gbl you may be entering quite the dangerous territory.

GABA dependency, from what I've read, will fuck you up as much if not more than any opioid dependency. I believe your problem was taking VASTLY too much loperamide. Even with 20 pounds of poppy seeds over three days - unless that really contains like 3g of morphine or something - then 400 mg of loperamide is INSANE.

MC83, have you considered taking small doses (50mg or less) of DXM (Dextromethorphan). NMDA antagonism seems to provide a very good instant anti-depressant/motivating effect. Low doses of it may be useful, especially related to depression/lack of energy due to opioid abuse.

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here but I've had difficulty finding any information on my question. I've been using lope again to stave off w/d and have been tapering since Saturday evening. Yesterday I used 20mg and today will plan on 14mg with another and final dose tomorrow at 10mg. Will I be OK in terms of not having w/d from loperamide? How long would you estimate one could use loperamide before having complications? I don't get anything aside from withdrawal relief but still, I want to be sure I'm tapering correctly.

I'd appreciate any responses.

I can take 200 pills of loperamide in 2 swallows. They are tiny and the wax coated ones go down easy. Brand name Imodium and any generic that has the cotton in the bottle (pills not coated in wax) dissolve as soon as water touches them and they taste horrible. Those, I can only do about 15 at a time. I stuck with the waxy ones.

The generic ones are horrible. I always buy name brand due to being able to swallow a whole handful. Otherwise I taste loperamide long after taking the pills, especially since I'd take at least 50 at once.

My tolerance is high - quit H (1g/day insufflated of very strong stuff) or equivalent in old OC 80s and old Opana yellow stop sign 40mgs amount 1 year ago after a 3-4 year habit (not sure when it went from recreational to addiction) using ONLY loperamide and never felt WDs. I basically just stuck with 200-300mg of lope per day for a long, long time. Probably 6 months. These past six months I've gotten it down a bit, but as any other members have said, I sometimes feel like I'm in constant WD. I now stay somewhere between 100 and 150mg per day. It is hard to tell, as counting them takes a bit of time and the long half-life kind of evens it out.

I really want to stop, but every time I lower the dose, I get WD symptoms bad enough to mess with my work and home life. It has been a while since I felt major WDs, and all today at work (where I am sitting at my computer) I've felt like complete shit. I decided to take less than my normal dose (around 50mg) yesterday and today.. and have all the horrible symptoms.

Of course I was going to be the exception to the rule. I was never going to get addicted..... Just wish I could go back 4 years ago and kick my ass for ever fucking with opiates.

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here but I've had difficulty finding any information on my question. I've been using lope again to stave off w/d and have been tapering since Saturday evening. Yesterday I used 20mg and today will plan on 14mg with another and final dose tomorrow at 10mg. Will I be OK in terms of not having w/d from loperamide? How long would you estimate one could use loperamide before having complications? I don't get anything aside from withdrawal relief but still, I want to be sure I'm tapering correctly.

I'd appreciate any responses.

That's what the thread is for my friend, though there's a loperamide thread (the megathread), and this is the 'loperamide addiction' thread, which you're not really dependant on loperamide - that's a good thing! I'll answer your question here :) You're perfect, in fact if you feel shitty after the 10 mg, you might want to go to 6mg and then 4 mg, 2 mg, 1 mg, 0mg. You should be fine if you taper like that and don't stay on loperamide any longer than that. If you feel withdrawals it will be pretty minor, and will be from the opioids you were using before the loperamide. If you're feeling alright with 20 mg your withdrawals should be minimal, just don't stretch out the loperamide for long, long time periods, that's where stuff can go bad even at lower doses.

The generic ones are horrible. I always buy name brand due to being able to swallow a whole handful. Otherwise I taste loperamide long after taking the pills, especially since I'd take at least 50 at once.

My tolerance is high - quit H (1g/day insufflated of very strong stuff) or equivalent in old OC 80s and old Opana yellow stop sign 40mgs amount 1 year ago after a 3-4 year habit (not sure when it went from recreational to addiction) using ONLY loperamide and never felt WDs. I basically just stuck with 200-300mg of lope per day for a long, long time. Probably 6 months. These past six months I've gotten it down a bit, but as any other members have said, I sometimes feel like I'm in constant WD. I now stay somewhere between 100 and 150mg per day. It is hard to tell, as counting them takes a bit of time and the long half-life kind of evens it out.

I really want to stop, but every time I lower the dose, I get WD symptoms bad enough to mess with my work and home life. It has been a while since I felt major WDs, and all today at work (where I am sitting at my computer) I've felt like complete shit. I decided to take less than my normal dose (around 50mg) yesterday and today.. and have all the horrible symptoms.

Of course I was going to be the exception to the rule. I was never going to get addicted..... Just wish I could go back 4 years ago and kick my ass for ever fucking with opiates.

You went from recreational to addiction when you got above 30 mg of oxycodone, or you were using straight for more than say 10 days. Actually, you became addicted as soon as you didn't/couldn't stop. When you became addicted is a pretty subjective sort of thing, but that's in the past.

The worse part is when you started with loperamide you started probably super fucking up there in dosage. At the very beginning did you need 300 (150 pills) to feel normal? That seems way too high, even with a tolerance like that. Even if I was doing 400 mg of oxycodone a day 300 mg of loperamide would be excessive - for me anyways.

Of course if you drop your dose by half to a third you're going to feel fucking awful. You really have two (maybe three, I know there's more, but three decent ones) options, cold turkey it, create a detailed chart and taper it slowly (since you've been on it this long, staying on it for a slow taper's not going to get you any more dependant), taper it very rapidly. Other options would be finding a supply of methadone and tapering with that or something, but this is a loperamide thread so I'll leave those other choices out.

Good luck!

Your names Project Will, consider this a project of will. :)

Lolz I tried a low dxm dose but dxm only leaves me tense. I get this strong/ involuntary urge to clench my jaw and bite hard or clench and stuck my bottom jaw out as far as I can. This happens at 45mg of the liquigels and still at 60mg I stopped after it happened twice in a row.

im trying to help some of my friends but im afraid to suggest lope. it really helped me but also scared me. and ever since it did ive been doing alot of research and its scared me more. mostly the addiction side of it. im wonfering how long it would take to get dependant on lope in someone who is already opiate tolerant and dependant.

im trying to help some of my friends but im afraid to suggest lope. it really helped me but also scared me. and ever since it did ive been doing alot of research and its scared me more. mostly the addiction side of it. im wonfering how long it would take to get dependant on lope in someone who is already opiate tolerant and dependant.

If you're dependant on opioids your cross tolerant dependant on loperamide. It stops withdrawals due to this cross tolerance, there isn't really a separate dependency. If you start at the lowest amount you can stand and taper you'll be alright, it's certainly no more dependant forming than say methadone and the fact that it lacks a high helps remove any compulsion to do it and redose for some feeling (it also has a shorter half life than methadone which I think probably translates into a slightly shorter withdrawal period, 2-3 weeks vs 1 month plus or something like that).

Personally I have successfully been tapering (keep a log with pills/time taken by day) and reduced my dosage from 80+ milligrams to around 20-30 mg and my tolerance followed being cut in a quarter or so. This was over a month or more and I did feel shitty on occasion but it really never got past eyes watering and my energy drained (never to the sore body aches and complete misery).

I haven't gotten past that dosage so I don't know whether there's a level (like people describe for bupe) you get to where all of the sudden you start feeling worse. Good lucky, some people have successfully used lope to get off opioids and resume their drug free life, and others seem to climb their dosage until they're doing 100 pills a day and stay there for a year, this latter scenario is what you should be wary of.

If you're dependant on opioids your cross tolerant dependant on loperamide. It stops withdrawals due to this cross tolerance, there isn't really a separate dependency. If you start at the lowest amount you can stand and taper you'll be alright, it's certainly no more dependant forming than say methadone and the fact that it lacks a high helps remove any compulsion to do it and redose for some feeling (it also has a shorter half life than methadone which I think probably translates into a slightly shorter withdrawal period, 2-3 weeks vs 1 month plus or something like that).

Personally I have successfully been tapering (keep a log with pills/time taken by day) and reduced my dosage from 80+ milligrams to around 20-30 mg and my tolerance followed being cut in a quarter or so. This was over a month or more and I did feel shitty on occasion but it really never got past eyes watering and my energy drained (never to the sore body aches and complete misery).

I haven't gotten past that dosage so I don't know whether there's a level (like people describe for bupe) you get to where all of the sudden you start feeling worse. Good lucky, some people have successfully used lope to get off opioids and resume their drug free life, and others seem to climb their dosage until they're doing 100 pills a day and stay there for a year, this latter scenario is what you should be wary of.

LOL oh universe how funny you are...

I just posted a long post over in the Loperamide Mega Thread about my daily habit of cimetidine (1gram) + Lope (40-60mg) + heroin (.5IV) and IDK what would be a wise way to taper... since I use heroin on top of the lope, should I take more lope to compensate for me not using heroin??? I, too, successfully tapered down from 40mg (this was months back) to 22mgs by dropping a pill a day and felt about 75-85% the whole time, just like you said: watery eyes, yawns, lethargy, insomnia, anxiety but nothing like withdrawal withdrawals! I was sold on lope... so I guess yeah my plan is to start at 80mg and either drop down daily by 10mg a day and just try and rough it out (maybe just coma myself with trazodone and mirtazapine and sleep thru it) or go nice and slow and just drop a pill a day...which seems so friggen bad for me liver and kidneys and stomach lining... like I'm so use to the loperamide and heroin, I have regular bowel movements when I have taken 60mg of Loperamide and just shot .2 grams of heroin 3 hours ago... I know I'm addicted to the lope cause I start feeling crummy 6 hours after a shot if I didn't take loperamide that day... and when I take the lope with my dope said the green grope the feeling is NOPE (dr suess (sp?) is rolling in his grave) its a dirty feeling with my heroin and I dont like it! and I don't get rushes anymore either... its a waste of fucking time doing both at such high levels... so I want to quit and if someone could help me I would be sooooo thankful \m/%)

I would agree, as someone on day 10/12 clean of a many-year suboxone use by using a combo of imodium and kratom. I only used it for the first week. If you really think you are hooked on the OTC imodium, if would stay the heck away from suboxone.
Imodiums OTC, so you have the advantage of controlling your taper!!! Be strong and realize you could be addicted to any number of things you can't legally buy. Take advantage of that and make a taper schedule.