• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Big and Dandy 5-MeO-DALT scraps

just curious, but has any of the 5-meo tryptamines been deadly so far? I haven't heard of any actual fatal incidence, even though there are loads of bad trips and even train wreck reports about all of them.

I don't know if 5-MeO-AMT has killed anyone yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

I'm pretty sure that there have been deaths from at least one of the 5-MeO's, 5-MeO-DiPT. I know there have been a few occurences of total loss of sanity ala PCP, but nobody can say for certain what deaths have or haven't occured.

True, the death part is speculation, but the danger isn't. 5-MeO-T's are WAY too potent for the public to be fucking with. Period.

it is highly likely that if someone does die from any "drug" it is on the news pretty soon. Only in a case where someone had taken the drug by himself, without any other persons around, this could go unnoticed. Admittedly, 5-meo tryptamines seem to be strong ones, so they are not ideal public recreational drugs.

Winding Vines said:
^^^^^^^^^^

I'd agree, except when it comes to 5-MeO-DMT. That's best psychedelic there is. Although I realize not everyone feels that way.

May I ask, why do you think it's the best psychedelic? I've been contemplating trying this substance for a while now and, it seems, the people that enjoy it are the same people that rank it #1.

-perceptionist

In my case it is that this psychedelic is the only one that has given me a true plus 4.. There's nothing else that can produce that feeling of "one-ness", at least for me.

Superb. I plan on purchasing it now. I'm not sure how to make the lightbulb vaporizer, though... any one that makes me one I'll send $10. :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Woops. I accidently posted under Winding Vines name. I actually made that post. Without getting too off topic...

5-MeO-DMT is the only psychedelic that has a 100% success rate for inducing a +4. Indeed, all of my smoked 5-MeO-DMT trips (three to date) were powerful +4s that tought me lessons I still learn from today. It is (to me) the "true" psychedelic, and a sacrement to me. Something I save only for the right time.

But back to 5-MeO-DALT.

StuckMojo said:
Excelent...Did you get this from shulgin himself from his new book? Do you happen to have any other chemicals with effects listed anywhere?

No, I got it at another forum, and it was posted by someone who is in direct contact with shulgin.

Anomie I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to give me the URL for this other forum you got the post from, please.

I looked this new chemical up on Bluelight because google has nothing and I was just [Edit: no source discussion] I immediately became interested, needless to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Moderators clue: posting any information about a source is posting information about a source. Read rule #2 of the PD guidelines. If have any questions PM a mod. Don't post about it here. Case closed.]

slightly off topic, but i really wish people would stop bad mouthing 5-Meo tryptamines as if the methoxy group was somehow a causative factor in them being "dangerous" or even "deadly". Sure, some people think that 5-meo-dipt is a lousy drug, and 5-meo-dmt is surely one of the most powerful things out there, but there's no reason to think that the 5meo group is somehow "bad".

Just look at 5-methoxy-N-acetyltryptamine, more commonly known as melatonin, which is found naturally in the human body without any "dangerous" or "deadly" effects...

I only know of one person who badmouths 5-MeO-T's, and he changes his mind about everything every two minutes. one second it's 5-meo-amt is bad!!!

the next it's, "i'm thinking about doing 5-Meo-amt again"

slightly off topic, but i really wish people would stop bad mouthing 5-Meo tryptamines as if the methoxy group was somehow a causative factor in them being "dangerous" or even "deadly". Sure, some people think that 5-meo-dipt is a lousy drug, and 5-meo-dmt is surely one of the most powerful things out there, but there's no reason to think that the 5meo group is somehow "bad".

Great point. I don't believe the 5-MeO's are any more dangerous than any other research chems, but they can obviously be used/abused in ways which make them more dangerous. I personally feel that 5-MeO-AMT got a bad rap because of the confusion between it and AMT and the resultant overdoses, but whose fault is that? Is it the drug's, or is it the misinformed people selling and using it? I'd say it's the latter.

General Anesthetic said:
I don't believe the 5-MeO's are any more dangerous than any other research chems, but they can obviously be used/abused in ways which make them more dangerous.

That goes for nearly any chemical.

According to Dennis McKenna 5-methoxylated tryptamines generally bind with equal potencies to 5-HT2a vs 5-HT1a receptors, while 4-substituted tryptamines bind to 5-HT2a receptors, the type that is thought to primarily produce hallucinogenic effects, with much greater preference.

This implies that 5-MeO-tryptamines have distinctly different pharmacology from 4-XX-tryptamines, and is reasonable to suggest that 5-MeO tryptamines have more side-effects, and potentially greater toxicity than non-5-substituted tryptamines.

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=16837

[edit: post removed, please contact me for explanation]