• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Op-Ed Biden's drug overdose strategy pushes treatment for some, prison for others

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Biden's drug overdose strategy pushes treatment for some, prison for others​

Dr. Kimberly Sue
The Hill
8 Dec 2021

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the War on Drugs, and as a doctor who cares for people who use drugs, I am grateful for the tremendous advances in addiction medication and treatment that have helped so many people attain healthy and fulfilling lives. But while the public health field has come a long way, our federal government, sadly, has not.

At a time when we’re losing 96,000 people a year to drug overdose, it’s imperative that we embrace a public health-centered approach to substance use, free of bias and stigma, that encourages people to get compassionate and effective medical attention. Treatment, not criminalization, is the only method proven to save lives and strengthen communities.

Read the full story here.

Great more of the stupidest shit.. NEXT for president and the US Federal Government should be restricted from attempting to deal with anything as they are utterly incompetent and shady as fuck.

Last edited:
Fuck Biden I knew his 80 yr old ass was going to institute 50 year old drug policy. Complete incompetence on basically every issue. And the other choice was a rabidly psychotic racist. Fuck America this country is trash with the majority of ppl being trash.

I want to leave ibjust don't know where to go

Stop electing 90 your Olds before the earth crumbles under their greed and fuck yall I'm out approach to life.

Trash president gonna trash.

The article is spot on. They can’t even make a dent in the drug market. The cartels are not going to change their business practices. Looks like Biden only cares about the non white vote and not the people who gave him that.

It’s unbelievable, disturbing and sad how this situation has been addressed.

Almost every step they have taken has directly caused death. Cutting people off, severely reduced doses, rapidly reducing doses, severely limiting access, harassing doctors and pharmacists. All of these funnel people right to the fentanyl street dope that’s killing everyone. How fucking stupid can you idiots be???????????

Now the country with the highest incarceration rate in the world is going to lock even more people up????

Torture, mass incarceration, murder from drones… wake up your the new bad guys.

Last edited: