• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Biden admin moves to regulate nicotine content in tobacco

Lowering the amount of nicotine.. well We all smoke them for that amount. So this is an attempt with good intentions.. but this shit won’t work.. great balls of fire.

Lowering the amount of nicotine.. well We all smoke them for that amount. So this is an attempt with good intentions.. but this shit won’t work.. great balls of fire.
I smoke it for the drug, though. Always did. Maybe also for the maois.

I'm not that worried... I vape 5.5% salt nic and if anything I think it's too strong... I would do just fine with 2.5%...

5.5% is just more cost effective ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought I loved tobacco for the nicotine... meh, it was really the other alkaloids. Vaping is not nearly as euphoric as tobacco products.
It can be more physically euphoric, almost crack like, a strong vape, and is way more addictive. But yeah I've wondered why no one has marketed a full spectrum tobacco e juice

I feel where they are coming from, I just don't think now is a good time to cut the nicotine from smokes here in the US.
As crazy as it sounds, I think it will do much worse them make things any better.

As others have said, sounds to me like just another good way to increase tobacco profits.

Banning menthols is SOOO stupid. I simply don't believe any kid is entices to smoke cause someone put fucking menthol in it. And even if they did, adults shouldn't be punished for it.

Besides. They shouldn't need to ban menthols. They should disappear simply for the reason that menthols SUCK!

Sorry menthol smokers.. But your choice of cigarette is terrible. :D

citing both the decades of data that show that the cooling flavor in cigarettes makes it easier to start smoking combined with the current cultural momentum toward improving the lives of Black Americans.

First off, specifically banning menthols because they're popular amount blacks is racist.

Second off..makes it easier to start? What?

It's not like cigarette smoke is painfully hot... I didn't start with menthols, lol. If all cigarettes were menthol I wonder if I'd have kept smoking at all. :D

Meanwhile and in other news they're handing out free joints in NYC and DC (to anybody that can prove they've had, at least, their first vaccine jab)!

"Joints for Jabs" is/was the initiative (Union Square, Manhattan).

You couldn't make this shit up! 🤣

In yet other news (and which I'm surprised hasn't hit the headlines around these parts): New Zealand wants to be cigarette free by 2025!

I could see substituting marijuana joints for tobacco cigarettes. But not to ban them. Some people still like a loosey every now again. Biden is a shithead.

i dont think this proposal will get any serious legislation behind it. seems more like a woke talking point for POTUS than something that is a main policy goal.
at least i hope...