• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

better than plugging and any other method of administration

I missed this thread the first go round, but I definatly needa try this next time I roll. Hopefully it will be in the next month or so cuz it's been a whileeeeeee.

ok so 2tbsp of MoM 30 minutes before a pill - will try it and report back

Ah great stuff, have to try this out. Can I just go to my local drug store and ask for something to calm my stomach? Then I would get something that fixes the ph level right?

Kyo said:
Ah great stuff, have to try this out. Can I just go to my local drug store and ask for something to calm my stomach? Then I would get something that fixes the ph level right?

i'd assume just look for any anti acid product.

I'm going to be trying this tonight with Tums

I'm going to try to take the Tums 1 hour before the pill.

My wife for the longest time couldnt stomach a pill w/o throwing up sometime that night - taking a Tums 1hr before your take your pill will greatly help.

However - you dont want to take the Tums 1/2 or less before you take your pill because that will have ill-effects on your roll. Not sure exactly why, but thats what i remember reading on here before.

Enjoy tonight.

Well I tried this last night

I took one spearmint rolaids about one houe before dosing. I didn't notice any difference at all.

I tried this a couple weeks back. I took two tablespoons of liquid Tums every two hours for six hours. Taking the last two with my first two pills of the evening. I came up harder than I have in a about three years. I had done these exact pills a month earlier and noticed that the come up was a lot stronger and the experience lasted a good deal longer.

No laxative effects or any other side effects. I opted to take a lot of Tums because I didn't think that a regular does would lead to significant raising of systemic ph. There weren't any contraindications listed on the bottle, so I just went for it. I'm glad I did.

Last edited:
so the theory is raise ur ph and flush out your digestive tract and youll absorb more mdma?

so aside from MoM, what else would work well. people use tums? is this something to preload on for a few days or do you simply dose up once an hour or so before you drop.

im very interested in trying this and would like to make sure i do it right. molly has recently became available and id like to roll like iv never rolled before.

so whats the consenus on 2 tablespoons of MoM or liquid tums..

Any one else try this out? any new reports?

jayville904 said:
potato

where could i get sodium bicarbonate?

Here in australia they sell it in supermarkets - it's what makes your cakes rise :D .

In america baking soda is more common, which may be just sodium bicarbonate but from memory is sodium bicarbonate and something else.

Anyway both will work, wont taste very nice but is not overly unpleasant. 1-2 teaspoons in a glass of water is enough.

There's an old thread with info on methods of administration, absorption rates and urinary alkalizers here

I have had great experiences with using antacids or bicarb before taking pills - definitely increased duration, not sure about increased intensity.

The only bad thing is that on 2 occasions I have felt kind of strange (tingly, lightheaded) about 1/2 an hour after drinking the bicarb + water. I put this down to the fact that it's a systemic alkalizer (ie it increases blood pH) and fucking with your blood plasma pH is REALLY not that great for you. oh well, i' use less bicarb now and dont get any probs. When this happened i was drinking 1-2 TABLEspoons which was definitely too much, I was prolly lucky not to get metabloic alkalosis or something nasty.

mollyx: I highly recommend it, it seems to work - a change in duration was clearly noticeable, too distinct to be placebo imo.

dropstop: You needn't be so concerned with systemic alkalinity - although this makes some difference it's the pH of your urine that's most important as this directly affects how much MDMA/Meth ends up being absorbed out of the filtrate and excreted in urine. There's a thread here with specific info on just how much of a difference pH makes with meth excretion rates.

questionmark: I haven' heard anything about it being necessary to empty your digestive tract and doubt this would make a significant difference.

Last edited:
All this sounds really interesting. So anything that fights acidic stomatch will do the trick?

Great thread, longer rolls is what I`m after and who isnt? :)

I was planning on doing two rolls for my first time ever on the last day of school...After reading this though I might just want to buy one and and the MoM. What I'd just like to know is I weigh 125...Should I still take two teaspoons...And to the people that have done this before and got the shits, was it during the roll, a little after, or a day after? I think a day after would be fine but during the roll....would it even be worth it!??!

I have done quite a research here on bluelight on the subject of antiacids. It seems most common idea is eating baking soda, around two tea spoons/ one table spoon / no more than 10grams about 30 - 45 minutes before roll, but any less time between MAY interfere with absorbtion of pill.

But still some thing are not clear to me, anyone experienced with taking care of acidic stomatch/urine... how about heart-burn medicines, rennie, ranigast, will it work as good as baking soda, and what about timing and dosages? Any experiences, would be appreaciated to get the answer within next 24 hours, I`m rolling rolling rolling... :)

EDIT: another important question: since making stomach less acidic will only mainly help absorbtion to be faster, we need to make our bladder more alcaline.......... and will baking soda, or hart-burn medicines do the trick, or specific urine infection medicines will only do it? Come on, I know some people here know a thing or two ;) come on, share it!

Last edited:
Actually it is not the acidity of the stomach that you are so concerned about but the acidity of your urine as you mention. Increased pH of urine can (maybe) potentially increase the duration of effects because MDMA is excreted at a lower rate as pH increases.

Increasing the pH of your stomach may increase the speed at which the pill comes on (and maybe overall effects as well), because as pH increases more of the MDMA will be in freebase form which is more readily absorbed. (This part may be wrong but was what I eventually deciphered from this thread ).

Heartburn medicines, rennie, alka-seltzer etc all definitely increase the pH of your stomach. Some of them may also increase the pH of your urine, but I don't know which for sure. The only compounds I do know definitely increase the pH of your urine are:
potassium acetate
acetazolamide
sodium citrate
sodium acetate
potassium bicarbonate
sodium bicarbonate.

The only one of these compounds that I know of that is also used as an antacid is Sodium Bicarbonate - that's why I suggested it, because it kills the above two birds with one stone.

Finally anecdotal reports have stated that taking the antacid too close to taking the pill (less than 45 mins) can kill the roll. There is some speculation that this is because the Magnesium ions in the antacid chelate with the MDMA. This basically means that they form compounds in your stomach that aren't what you're looking for if you want that happy feeling.

The best way to stop this from happening is to make sure your antacid is not magnesium based (or aluminium based if you want to be really paranoid) and to take the antacid well before the roll. An hour or so should be fine.

Damn it this must be best compiled knowledge on the subject I have seen here, and to the point! Thanks for that, Potato. I will be sure to try it and report back.

I have only one more concern: If I`ll take sodium b. an hour before roll, how long sodium will be working and keeping that urine alkaloid? If incresing rols length might be the effect, mayby its in order to redose sodium one/few hours after dropping, how abot that?