• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Beta blockers & suboxone? Beta blockers & opiate withdrawal?

Trapp

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I'm tapering down off of subs and getting to the point where I'm about to cut it completely and end the dependency once and for all. I have beta blockers available(Propanolol in specific) and have been trying to find information about interactions between BBs & suboxone and using BBs for withdrawal, but it's been difficult to find much of anything. I believe I've only found two threads here at BL that contain both "beta blocker" and "suboxone/opiate/opioid/etc.", but they didn't contain much of anything useful(one was about hot flashes for example). A google search produces some medical studies but little more than that.

Needless to say, I'm trying to find some first hand experience with such interactions in specific, but I'll take any info that anyone may have for that matter - would certainly be nice to know whether they may help or hurt the cause before just "taking and praying"(even in spite of trying every substance under the sun, I still like to know what I'm getting into first, lol)