• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best way to take fentanyl?

bustedschema

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

So, SWIM recently found an opioid plug for something I guess you could call heroin? From my testing, it seems to be fentanyl mixed with various cutting agents. Originally he would snort it, but he seems to be under the understanding that his nasal receptors have been burnt out or something. Sometimes the dope will hit him like it used to and give him the nice itchies and a fairly decent nod (the euphoria is here and there, but doesn't seem quite as noticeable as it used to be.

My question is, is it possible that his nasal cavities are no longer getting the drug into his system? Without using IV (SWIM is vehemently opposed to crossing the line into shooting up, as he promised himself a long time ago that is one line he will NEVER cross), what would be the best way for my acquaintance to administer this fentanyl across his blood/brain barrier and get the high he was used to? He has acquired a no-needle syringe and has heavily considered plugging, but he doesn't want to waste any of his drug by accidentally dissolving it in saline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you guys for all the harm reduction you guys are responsible for.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think your "nasal receptors" have become burnt out; you've become tolerant. I've snorted an inordinate amount of drugs and my "nasal receptors" work fine.

Plugging it may be more efficient but not massively so. Your issue is tolerance.

Perhaps some mixture of snorting/plugging might give your nose a rest, but as far as street fentanyl is concerned, this is probably the best route for an opioid abuser in your situation. Orally and even sublingually probably won't have an economically viable bioavailability.

My question is, is it possible that his nasal cavities are no longer getting the drug into his system

No, not possible in the slightest. There is an insane amount of surface area of nasal and oral mucosa for the molecules to pass through; it covers the entire nasal cavity (everything except the septum), sinuses, pharynx and larynx (throat area).

Fentanyl has very little euphoria or "good" high, especially when used intranasal. A lot of people smoke fentanyl to get a similar intravenous rush, without the risks associated with it.

fentanyl doesn’t have the same “euphoric” effect that say, heroin does.

Exit: sorry. I should have read the other contributing posters 😬

"Plugging it may be more efficient but not massively so. Your issue is tolerance."

If this was the case, then why did it hit me just as hard as it used to the other day? I know the purity and strength hasn't changed.