• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best way to store/measure Suboxone powder

Pillsbury_Dope_Boy

Bluelighter
I have 8mg tablets of Suboxone. I am currently on approximately 1mg per day (0.5mg twice a day). But I cannot properly break the pills into 0.5mg doses. And when I taper down, it will need to be even smaller.

My dosing is all over the place. At doses this small, it simply turns to powder, and there is no way for me to measure properly.

In fact, at the bottom of my pill bottle, there is a bunch of loose powder.

What is the best way to measure out and take this powder? Do they sell any tools for this at the pharmacy?

And also, is there any tool that would help me cut the pills themselves into smaller pieces without breaking apart into powder?

These may be silly questions. I apologize. It's just that when I mis-dose and take too much powder (like I did today), it actually makes me high and it hinders my taper process. And I want to avoid that.

Thanks.

Read up on volumetric dosing. As for the loose powder at the bottom, not sure how one would know how to calculate other than weighing an entire pill, using that as a reference weigh the loose powder and do the math. Its just a fancy name for making a liquid solution of something so the doses can be measured in ml/liquid ozs/ect.

As i know water/vinegar solutions of bupr.Somewhere they even sold like oral solution-are with limited shelf life-no more than a month in proper conditions.(cold,dark place far from direct sunlight,but not freezer)If you have spirit liquid I guess much,much more

Last edited:
I hear you. I'm on 8 mg right now. If I were you I would try to get my hands on some 2/0.5 mg (buprenorphine/naloxone) tablets. That way you could just cut the 2mg tabs into quarters to approximate 0.5 mg doses of Bupe. Good luck to you. Getting off of maintenance is tough. I've been wondering lately if this is just what I'm going to need to get through the rest of my life. Best of luck to you. P.S. If you can't get any 2mg tabs then the volumetric dosing option above would probably be your best bet.

Can you get strips? I know they don't have them where I live. But if you can, I imagine that would be easier to subdivide.