• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Best way to dissolve speed (amphetamine sulphate) for IV use?

DoctorSativa

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I have about 6 grams of very pure Amphetamine Sulphate. I've been using an IV to dose it and have been fine, but I'm curious if there is any trick to dissolving this off-white powder into water. So far I have to heat up the water significantly in a spoon which might be ruining some of the product, and can only get about ~80mgs (max) to go into a full 1ml of water. It's only like 1 out of 10 shots I get that burning sensation down my chest and really rush from the dose. I think I'm not dissolving it correctly.

I am also using contact solution (sterile saline) instead of tap water, I figured it was safer. Perhaps there is other stuff in the contact solution preventing the speed from dissolving?

I want my bellringers! XD

Thanks guys... first post on BL!

Please don't use contact solution...the other ingredients are not good to inject and could even be dangerous!!!! You can go to walmart or drug store and buy a can of normal sterile saline for IV..it is not sold for IV use but it is what I use for all IV injections. It is in the first aid section and is sold as "wound wash". It is normal saline and sterile and is the exact same thing as we use in IVs in the hospital. It is only around $3 or $4 for a can and has approx 175 mls/CCs in it.

Please don't use contact solution...the other ingredients are not good to inject and could even be dangerous!!!! You can go to walmart or drug store and buy a can of normal sterile saline for IV..it is not sold for IV use but it is what I use for all IV injections. It is in the first aid section and is sold as "wound wash". It is normal saline and sterile and is the exact same thing as we use in IVs in the hospital. It is only around $3 or $4 for a can and has approx 175 mls/CCs in it.

Oh shit, well thank god for Bluelight. Glad I'm fine from doing that... I did wonder what those cleaners would do when injected. But getting back to the question, maybe the fact the contact solution had salt in it (for the eyes) was preventing the sulphate from disolving?

Oh, and thanks a lot for the information, it is much appreciated. Good karma your way :)

Last edited:
Amphetamine sulfate tops out at 60-80mg/ml, that's the physical limit to its solubility. Beyond gently heating it (25-30C maybe) you should instead increase shot volumes if you need to do more than ~80mg. Amphetamine is very heat stable in boiling water. No worries about that. But if you e.g. boil it to attempt to dissolve more amphetamine, it will all precipitate back out when you cool it down again to an injectable temperature.

TL;DR you should add more water, you can't make more amphetamine dissolve in 1ml.

Sterile saline at 0.9% salt shouldn't have any notable effect on amph's solubility. If the contact solution was only salt and distilled water then it's probably alright, compared to salt+water+soaps+antibacterials etc, which is a no-no.

If you are using such large doses of amphetamine via IV chances are you also have some sort of a tolerance going, so not getting a rush should be expected. Take longer breaks between usages, get plenty to eat and drink, and get good sleep where possible to help get the best high possible.

Amphetamine sulfate tops out at 60-80mg/ml, that's the physical limit to its solubility. Beyond gently heating it (25-30C maybe) you should instead increase shot volumes if you need to do more than ~80mg. Amphetamine is very heat stable in boiling water. No worries about that. But if you e.g. boil it to attempt to dissolve more amphetamine, it will all precipitate back out when you cool it down again to an injectable temperature.

TL;DR you should add more water, you can't make more amphetamine dissolve in 1ml.

Sterile saline at 0.9% salt shouldn't have any notable effect on amph's solubility. If the contact solution was only salt and distilled water then it's probably alright, compared to salt+water+soaps+antibacterials etc, which is a no-no.

If you are using such large doses of amphetamine via IV chances are you also have some sort of a tolerance going, so not getting a rush should be expected. Take longer breaks between usages, get plenty to eat and drink, and get good sleep where possible to help get the best high possible.

Ok, that is good to know. I am surprised to hear that, my friend makes .2 shots of meth in 40 units of water regularly (meth is just too long lasting for my taste...) so I assumed the amphetamine sulphate would be similar. I remember I loaded a solution that was hot and then let the shot cool, I ended up with this cloudy shit in my syringe, thought my dealer had cut my product a little but I guess not.

Glad that I won't ruin the shot if I boil it to make sure it's sterile.

Thanks a lot!!

How sure are you of its purity? 80mgs/ml sounds right but u ness its 99% pure there are probably cuts in it that aren't water soluble and u don't want them in your shot one way or another.