• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best way to consume DMT for a first-timer?

bluepilled

Greenlighter
Sorry, first post on here! Lmk if I did something wrong.
Anyway, this weekend, I have a long weekend from uni and 200mg of DMT freebase I want to try. I am very experienced with LSD and shrooms, as well as other substances. I've never tried DMT, though, and I need advice on how to consume it. I have a few "crack pipes" (god, that was a painful Amazon order), and an APX Wax vaporizer with a few different chambers (a ceramic, quartz coil, and barb). I could try to make the Machine, but it's a bit too much work for what materials I have. Smoking changa isn't an option, since my neighbor is very anti-weed and will freak at the smallest smell of any kind of burning herb.

Any advice appreciated! Ty all, much love.

Ive smoked it out of those bulbous meth style pipes and also off of foil (the latter probably isn't the best idea).

Going to move this to the psychedelic forum (where I believe you'll get better answers).

Ive smoked it out of those bulbous meth style pipes and also off of foil (the latter probably isn't the best idea).

Going to move this to the psychedelic forum (where I believe you'll get better answers).

Thanks! I'm leaning towards the pipe, it seems to be the easiest way (without having to worry about contaminating my vape).

You can smoke as you would crack, or with completely indirect heat (a glass bulb like for MA, or off foil.) Indirect heat is probably more efficient but is a little trickier for the uninitiated. The easiest way is with a traditional crack pipe including the brillo. A glass bulb MA pipe probably comes in second. If you are familiar with using this kind of pipe which it sounds like you aren't, you might get a better dose. But a regular crack "stem" is probably easiest.

Foil is also an option but is tricky if you aren't experienced with it.

Advanced exercises, not for the inexperienced: beyond smoking, oral with moclobemide is nice (if you can take a MAOI with all the attendant precautions) as is i.m. administration (don't do this unless you're already an experienced needle drug user and have a wheel filter and citric acid. Maybe just "don't do this" from an H.R. perspective.) Both are qualitatively different experiences from smoking though—kind of similar to each other though, longer to kick in and longer lasting.

Last edited:
You can smoke as you would crack, or with completely indirect heat (a glass bulb like for MA, or off foil.) Indirect heat is probably more efficient but is a little trickier for the uninitiated. The easiest way is with a traditional crack pipe including the brillo. A glass bulb MA pipe probably comes in second. If you are familiar with using this kind of pipe which it sounds like you aren't, you might get a better dose. But a regular crack "stem" is probably easiest.

Foil is also an option but is tricky if you aren't experienced with it.

Advanced exercises, not for the inexperienced: beyond smoking, oral with moclobemide is nice (if you can take a MAOI with all the attendant precautions) as is i.m. administration (don't do this unless you're already an experienced needle drug user and have a wheel filter and citric acid. Maybe just "don't do this" from an H.R. perspective.) Both are qualitatively different experiences from smoking though—kind of similar to each other though, longer to kick in and longer lasting.

Ty for the in-depth reply! I think I'll use one of my round oil "meth" pipes, and stuff some brillo in the stem to help with the filtering. I've never smoked using one of them, but I'm willing to learn. Thanks!

Ty for the in-depth reply! I think I'll use one of my round oil "meth" pipes, and stuff some brillo in the stem to help with the filtering. I've never smoked using one of them, but I'm willing to learn. Thanks!
You don't need brillo in the round bulb meth pipe. The trick is to hold the flame a decent distance from the bulb and to slowly rock the pipe back and forth until the substance starts to liquefy and smoke starts to appear in the stem, then gently inhale the smoke. Don't suck your breath in too fast or too strong.

Smoking from foil is similar in concept to smoking from the MA pipe but you have to inhale the smoke thru a straw which can be a little challenging.

Especially if you have never smoked meth and also once you start feeling the effects it may be be a little tricky to do this, which is why I recommend the bulbless "stem" crack pipe. You put your drugs in on top of the brillo and apply flame again not directly to the drugs but not completely indirectly like the MA pipe. (With the latter you are heating the glass but with the stem pipe you are heating the drugs.)

Then inhale and keep the flame running. Once the drugs are gone you can usually still get high from what has soaked into the brillo. In both cases inhale gently, it's not a race, and be careful because the pipe will get very hot. Make sure not to burn your fingers and to have a place to set it down, the effects of DMT will come on pretty quickly and if you take a sufficient dose you may find it difficult, or at best very strange, to perform simple tasks.

You don't need brillo in the round bulb meth pipe. The trick is to hold the flame a decent distance from the bulb and to slowly rock the pipe back and forth until the substance starts to liquefy and smoke starts to appear in the stem, then gently inhale the smoke. Don't suck your breath in too fast or too strong.

Smoking from foil is similar in concept to smoking from the MA pipe but you have to inhale the smoke thru a straw which can be a little challenging.

Especially if you have never smoked meth and also once you start feeling the effects it may be be a little tricky to do this, which is why I recommend the bulbless "stem" crack pipe. You put your drugs in on top of the brillo and apply flame again not directly to the drugs but not completely indirectly like the MA pipe. (With the latter you are heating the glass but with the stem pipe you are heating the drugs.)

Then inhale and keep the flame running. Once the drugs are gone you can usually still get high from what has soaked into the brillo. In both cases inhale gently, it's not a race, and be careful because the pipe will get very hot. Make sure not to burn your fingers and to have a place to set it down, the effects of DMT will come on pretty quickly and if you take a sufficient dose you may find it difficult, or at best very strange, to perform simple tasks.

Amazing, thank you SO MUCH for that--sending some good karma your way ;)

I will definitely be trying the stem pipe in the future, just since I have the crack pipes on hand. I'm intending and trying to encourage a good first experience, so I can return and see what DMT has to offer!

Amazing, thank you SO MUCH for that--sending some good karma your way ;)

I will definitely be trying the stem pipe in the future, just since I have the crack pipes on hand. I'm intending and trying to encourage a good first experience, so I can return and see what DMT has to offer!
One more thing about the bulb pipe: make sure not to inhale molten drugs! The bulb pipe should be held at a slightly downward angle. The stem pipe is held at a sharper upward angle. The brillo absorbs the melty stuff.

Sorry, first post on here! Lmk if I did something wrong.
Anyway, this weekend, I have a long weekend from uni and 200mg of DMT freebase I want to try. I am very experienced with LSD and shrooms, as well as other substances. I've never tried DMT, though, and I need advice on how to consume it. I have a few "crack pipes" (god, that was a painful Amazon order), and an APX Wax vaporizer with a few different chambers (a ceramic, quartz coil, and barb). I could try to make the Machine, but it's a bit too much work for what materials I have. Smoking changa isn't an option, since my neighbor is very anti-weed and will freak at the smallest smell of any kind of burning herb.

Any advice appreciated! Ty all, much love.
What is 'the machine'? I have a friend that smoked DMT with his cousin out of a bong. I am not sure if they put pot into the bowl or not? I was not there.

What is 'the machine'? I have a friend that smoked DMT with his cousin out of a bong. I am not sure if they put pot into the bowl or not? I was not there.

You can look up more info on how to make it on DMT Nexus, but it's basically a glass bottle with a hole on both ends, and a special kind of steel wool at one end. Basically, a DIY version of a crack stem shown above by SKL. I've never made one, but I've seen some really creative designs and mods to them!

That was exactly the answer he was looking for I’m sure 😂😂
Well, I thought somebody should say what he ABSOLUTETLY SHOULDN'T DO, seeing as we have capable DMT-tokers here.
We have a lot of fuck-ups aswell, but they don't seem to raise their voice to often, haha.

Well, I thought somebody should say what he ABSOLUTETLY SHOULDN'T DO, seeing as we have capable DMT-tokers here.
We have a lot of fuck-ups aswell, but they don't seem to raise their voice to often, haha.
Lol that’s a great idea for a thread though “examples of how not to do drugs” 😂 I’m sure we all have a few.

yocan evolve plus ceramic donut coils easy for new comers
Cartridges are my favorite way to consume DMT but the Yocan with ceramic coils is a close second

but to keep things simple it works fine loaded in a bowl or bong.